Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 16-11-2021, 07:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
For all I know, you could have not of eaten breakfast, when you implied that you did eat breakfast, by asking me the question.
If there was no separation you would have known. And my welfare isn't important to you?

So while you talk about ideologies as though they're fact they're as much escapism as you say the Spirituality of others is. That there is Oneness is just a fairy story.
Old 16-11-2021, 10:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If there was no separation you would have known. And my welfare isn't important to you?

So while you talk about ideologies as though they're fact they're as much escapism as you say the Spirituality of others is. That there is Oneness is just a fairy story.
You mean if there is no individualism, I would have known. You are talking about individualism, instead of separation. The individual is not separate from oneness-wholeness, as the individual is oneness-wholeness, this is what you seem to not understand. My individuality (which is not separate from oneness-wholeness) does not know what you had for breakfast. And, no individuality aka the self or atman are not an invented thing of the I or ahamkara.

You act like you do not use ideologies, and then relate those ideologies with Jung.

Spirituality, religion, philosophy, and psychology are full of ideologies, which is another thing you seem to not understand.

Why are you on the non-duality section of the forum, if you do not believe in oneness-wholeness and why do you talk about brahman and atman, which are the hindu foundations of oneness-wholeness? Trying to negate ideologies with ideologies does not work.

Your response to me does not match what you say and do.
Old 17-11-2021, 10:59 AM
JustASimpleGuy

I recently began reading "Sri Ramakrishna The Great Master". I just started a chapter titled "Sadhaka and Sadhana" and the answer to this question addresses the (lucid) dream analogy.

Find "Question: Well, what is the cause of that delusion?" and below is the pertinent part of the answer as it relates to this thread. The entire answer puts it in better context.

https://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.i...Master-13.html

You may raise the objection that certain persons have sometimes the conviction that they are dreaming when they are actually in the dream state. But, there also they get that conviction from the memory of the waking state. Similarly some people are seen to have the memory of the reality of the non-dual Brahman when they are conscious of the world in the waking state.

"memory of the reality of the non-dual Brahman"... That is what I label "knowing".
Old 17-11-2021, 11:55 AM
I'm taking a shortcut here: In the link ---who is speaking?
Example, "The Master used to say.." A direct follower of Ramakrishna?
Thanks JASG.

Highlights taken:

* Whatever you see in the world, gross or subtle, sentient or insentient—bricks and beams, mud and stone, plants and trees,
men and animals, gods and demigods—are, they say, the non-dual Brahman;
it is the reality of Brahman alone that you see, hear, touch, smell and taste in various forms.

*Although all your day-to-day dealings throughout your life are with It, you are not conscious of It,
and you think you are dealing with different things and persons.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-11-2021, 12:36 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
who is speaking?
Example, "The Master used to say.." A direct follower of Ramakrishna?
Yup, Swami Saradananda. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saradananda

I like the two excerpts you clipped. How paradoxical!

In a nutshell everything we experience is Brahman, however we simply don't know It (aren't conscious of It).

How can we not be conscious of everything we experience? What does that say about what we normally consider consciousness or being conscious?

Whether one is having a normal or lucid dream the basis of the dream reality is the same. The difference is perception of that reality. In the normal dream we truly believe we are the little dream character and in the lucid dream, even though the dream still persists, we know it exactly for what it is and what we are.
Old 17-11-2021, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Oh! He passed in 1927....these quotes are the real deal!
Thank you! (I have the thickest books on Ramakrishna, lol! btw.)

(I have such an abstract mind and have meditated for so long in sittings- feeling the Presence in everything is just not a hard one for me.)
Sorry, I haven't participated more here ---dreams, consciousness are
just not a care of mine;
feeling the Presence and the surrounding permeating love is m'thang...and giving it back to the One, by any Name is.

Here- somewhere in the Gita...Perceive Me in every thought.
You'll like this from Hafiz - Let thought become the beautiful woman...
Just a little something for you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-11-2021, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
In a nutshell everything we experience is Brahman, however we simply don't know It (aren't conscious of It).
It is not that we are not conscious of brahman. we are conscious of brahman. Consciousness is brahman being conscious of itself. It is that we do not perceive or sense brahman with our 4 senses, therefore we are not aware of brahman outside of us. The brahman that is outside of us is just as important as the brahman that is inside us. Sensing, perceiving, and awareness are all aspects of consciousness.
Old 17-11-2021, 09:27 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh! He passed in 1927....these quotes are the real deal!
Thank you! (I have the thickest books on Ramakrishna, lol! btw.)

Definitely the real deal. Do you have The Gospel of Ramakrishna? I believe it's several volumes.