Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-07-2022, 09:24 AM
Master
Potential flaw in my duality logic.

I caught myself saying that the lie opposes the truth. But the lie can never equal the truth, so how can it oppose the truth?
Old 17-07-2022, 09:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
I caught myself saying that the lie opposes the truth. But the lie can never equal the truth, so how can it oppose the truth?
What makes a lie a lie and what makes the truth the truth? The flaw in your logic is that there are certain things you take for granted.
Old 17-07-2022, 04:36 PM
Knower

Quote:
Bingo.

What is true is true, end of story (and I do mean that literally).
Old 17-07-2022, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
Bingo.

What is true is true, end of story (and I do mean that literally).
YOU HAVE BEEN RIGHT ALL ALONG.
The mind has been the issue. It was so obvious that I became oblivious to it.
I thought I was meditating, while I cannot even focus, easily due to neurological and biological issues.
But now I need to learn to recognize and achieve no thought all over again. Learn and practice focus from scratch also.
Cause all my years of practice is useless in my current condition, not to mention lack of memory.

How do you focus and recognize no thought? What are the indicators? Detachment from physical is an example people use, but how do you for example recognize that? Is it obvious when it is succesfully achieved?

Thanks.
Old 17-07-2022, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What makes a lie a lie and what makes the truth the truth? The flaw in your logic is that there are certain things you take for granted.
Yes! It's small little misunderstandings that when stacked up get me to the place where I am now!
Gotta appreciate the finer things.
Old 17-07-2022, 06:40 PM
Master

Quote:
How do you focus and recognize no thought?
I have just put the following in a different thread elsewhere, but it seems relevant so I will repeat it.

Yesterday I read the following in David Godman's three volume biography of H.W.L. Poonja where David Godman was interviewing a disciple of Poonjaji.

David: Do you still have many thoughts? How often do they appear?

Disciple: Thoughts are still there but if I want them to stop I just tell them to go away. It is like a switch in the head. Sometimes if there is no work to be done I just switch off the thoughts and enjoy hours of thought-free peace. But if thoughts are needed they arise and do their work. It doesn't matter to me whether thoughts are there or not because I know that I am neither the mind nor the thoughts. I am not the thoughts nor the absence of thoughts. I am that in which both states appear and disappear.

Interesting.

Peace
Old 17-07-2022, 09:40 PM
Knower

Quote:
Ewwerrin: How do you focus and recognize no thought? What are the indicators? Detachment from physical is an example people use, but how do you for example recognize that? Is it obvious when it is succesfully achieved?
The beauty of knowing 'not two' is true is that when you speak the truth of not-two to yourself during times of agitation, the agitation gradually (or perhaps instantly) dissolves. It's as if Truth's purpose is to absorb the suffering of human conditioning.

You might have to call on your friend Truth 10 times a day or 100 times a day or 500 times a day to come and have a word with your agitation but your friend Truth doesn't care, one time, 10,000 times, it's all the same to Truth.

If you need more than Truth alone, there are books and Youtube videos that speak Truth using many words which help ease the transition from dualistic thinking to nondual realization. Such books and videos act as a raft to carry one from imaginary shore to imaginary shore, acting as medicine to heal the sickness of seeking. I have read and watched many and I thank each and every one for their light and love.
Old 18-07-2022, 08:19 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yes! It's small little misunderstandings that when stacked up get me to the place where I am now!
Gotta appreciate the finer things.
Keep chipping away at the veneer., go inward instead of outward expression. Walk barefoot on the grass, let the wind blow through your hair, take up photography. Become conscious instead of thinking. Shut up and let the answers emerge.