Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Master
[quote=BigJohn][center][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]It appears every belief system has people who write, etc. claiming that certain particular belief system practices commit vile acts but there is very little proof if any proof of the vile activity.

This is vile activity imo.

Jesus camp highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac&t=516s
Old 14-11-2019, 04:50 PM
Master
[quote=JosephineBloggs]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
[center][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]It appears every belief system has people who write, etc. claiming that certain particular belief system practices commit vile acts but there is very little proof if any proof of the vile activity.

This is vile activity imo.

Jesus camp highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac&t=516s

Agree 100%

More vile comments....

Police inquiry over Jehovah's Witness magazine 'mentally diseased' article
An official magazine for Jehovah's Witnesses that described those who leave the church as "mentally diseased" is at the centre of a police inquiry, it has emerged.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/rel...d-article.html
Old 14-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Master
It's very simple for those understanding Doctrine and Theology.

The JW's maintain a works based theology, denying many things of mainstream Christianity.
Back in the Lord's day also, the mainline Jews also taught a works based theology.
They didn't understand the foundation of salvation, in the atoning practices, that God had established for them.

Meanwhile, The Almighty is called both Savior, and Redeemer in the Old Testament scriptures.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 14-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

Don't make me laugh.

__________________________________________________ _

But I'd like to, once again and however rare, point to how our experiences are often based on the simplest of moments.

As a teenager, (I'm talking 1956) and being extremely interested by everything in the world regarding beliefs and religions and having nothing other to hand than the Bible I found myself to be utterly confused and angry that the important question(s) in life could be so haphazardly thrown around. From my basic introduction to religion in life which I have related somewhere above, where as an infant member of JWs I had my first introduction to the biblical world, I had passed through various phases (Baptist, Roman Catholic, Church of England ) none of which satisfied me in the slightest. I even used the last of my money to buy a Concordance - a book that is a reference companion to the Bible and did indeed cost a lot of money. This served to 'speed-up my studies - and boy, was I getting impatient.
To cut it short I felt completely frustrated, had no one who could even try to give me a sensible answer to my questions and so, driven almost to despair, I decided to have it out with God himself should there be such a person.

So, of an afternoon, filled with an urge to finally get to a decision about God and all the rest of it I went down into the basement of the large building I worked in in London and being alone down there I loudly told this indefinable 'God' that I wasn't prepared to continue living in a state of confusion, discontentment and frustration and gave him the rest of the day to show me that he 'existed'. I told him curtly and clearly that I would never ever bother my head again with any form of belief.

There are plenty of other things to do in life.

I went home as usual, underground and bus, back to my family, mum, dad and brother, now slowly convincing myself that nothing untoward would happen. My brother had a girlfriend so after tea off he went. To my surprise - because this never had otherwise happened - mum told me she and dad were going to the cinema. This left me alone, a remarkably seldom occurrence in the evening. I read, I watched TV and naturally I reconciled myself with the fact that God wasn't going to call.

Even today I recall vividly reaching the decision inside myself that 'it was all for the cat' and for me it was all clear.

At 9.30pm the front door bell rang and rather hesitatingly I opened the door to a lone gentleman standing there who - yes, you've guessed it - introduced himself as a JW. I invited him in - something I wouldn't have been able to do had the rest of the family been there - and we had a little chat - me explaining to him about my own JW background. He anyway said it was getting late and he had to go. I asked him if he had been to all the neighbours before coming to me - his answer was 'No, I was already on my way home when I spontaneously thought just one more and rang your bell'.

Needless to say my immediate need had, in that moment, been met, a fitting answer indeed to my pressing question. One that sufficed to get me on my way and spend my life searching for answers. (Of which I've had many).

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 14-11-2019, 10:46 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It appears some members do not like Jehovah Witnesses, their Bible and what they believe.

Why is that?

BigJohn,

It is because they use disarming tactics. They expose your weaknesses, this makes most people uncomfortable and allow their egos to respond defensively. Most people automatically spoke when spoken to. The JW's have you in a one on one situation. In a group setting one can remain silent if he/she is uninformed, not knowledgeable or inarticulate. In short, they have the upper hand in most cases because they are prepared and you are not. If someone makes you feel ignorant or uninformed it is a blow to your ego. Subsequently you will seek to avoid such confrontations. Their message will be more likely received by those who are aware of their own weaknesses and can accept that others might know more than they do. In my own case, because I have a certain confidence, I welcome them into the house, viewing it as a potential teaching/sharing opportunity. Many people on this forum probably have similar confidence. Bottom line, they are humans and deserve to be treated in a charitable manner. I may not agree with them but I credit them for having good motives. For this reason I do not turn them away. I believe that potentially they can help those that are grateful that someone can show concern for them.
Old 14-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Quote:
The JW's maintain a works based theology, denying many things of mainstream Christianity.
Back in the Lord's day also, the mainline Jews also taught a works based theology.
They didn't understand the foundation of salvation, in the atoning practices, that God had established for them.
Meanwhile, The Almighty is called both Savior, and Redeemer in the Old Testament scriptures.
That's fine...but it didn't address the orig post. Just the facts, ma'am.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-11-2019, 02:05 AM
Master
[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs

Agree 100%

More vile comments....

Police inquiry over Jehovah's Witness magazine 'mentally diseased' article
An official magazine for Jehovah's Witnesses that described those who leave the church as "mentally diseased" is at the centre of a police inquiry, it has emerged.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/rel...d-article.html
It seems you love yellow journalism.

Your first reference was about a Pentecostal meeting. You got Jehovah Witnesses confused with another religion.

The Police inquiry "over Jehovah's Witness magazine 'mentally diseased' article" does not resonate with the real article which can be found at https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011524#h=7

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-11-2019, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:

Many of the people on this site claim claim Christianity does not follow the teachings of Jesus.

You claim Jehovah Witnesses deny many of the things of mainstream Christianity.

Does that mean Jehovah Witnesses resonate with Jesus' teachings?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-11-2019, 05:53 AM
Experiencer

nd what is it that you do NOT agree with? because our beliefs and teachings are scriptural based. whenever I come in, I bring with me Jehovah's Holy Spirit. in other words, I don't come in saying what I believe. but try to explain by means of his words, why what I believe is true. I don't claim to know everything, NON of us do. but what I do know, I am commanded by Jesus to speak the truth, (1Cor. 9:16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel).

we know MANY won't believe what we say, even with scriptural proof. MANY didn't believe Jesus, he was Jehovah God's Son. and we're NO better than he was. but we are sent to those who's seeking, NOT to those who feel they already have the truth. peace

__________________________________________________ __________

joj-what version of the bible are you citing from-is it the King James, the NIV--or is it a RC version of the Bible?
Old 15-11-2019, 06:03 AM
Experiencer

jojo-first of all, step back and think a moment.bj asked why jw are detested-now one could fill in the blank and insert any religion into his question-and most people will respond that-no its not that we detest, its that our beliefs and theology are different.

For example, the Catholic Bible has 5 more additional chapters to it versus the NIV version-so how could a non catholic have an equal debate with a person who is catholic-it cannot happen.

Ive spoken face to face with JW-and yes they did come to my front door-and no they did not condemn me to hell-but as I listened carefully to what they had to say-I knew that we believed differently. I did not stand at my front door and enter into a debate with them. I was polite, kind, and listened without interupting. I thanked them for visiting and wished them well.

just as I am wishing you well. I have no conflict with you-nor the jw- and thats all I have to say on that subject no more talkey
Closed Thread