Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2019, 02:08 AM
Master
WHY DO PEOPLE DETEST JEHOVAH's WITNESSES?

It appears some members do not like Jehovah Witnesses, their Bible and what they believe.

Why is that?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-11-2019, 02:27 AM
Knower

I don't have any grudge against them and I certainly try hard not to indulge in any sort of uncharity or hatred towards any person or group. However I think the reason why they draw so much fire is the combination of insular exclusivity (i.e. cultish tendencies), combined with the perceived arrogance of their public proselytism.

Many people tell unflattering stories of confrontations with them - about their unwillingness to engage in calm, reasoned debate or their tendency to be incendiary towards people who don’t measure up to their standards of morality. A colleague told me about a confrontation she had outside a large conference of adherents. She claimed she was minding her own business and was verbally mobbed by a group of them who told her she would burn in hell for her immodest dress sense! I was not there so I can't confirm the events, but these stories are in no short supply.

You'll also find that they have quite a high attrition rate, with lapsed members often speaking ill of their time in the group.
Old 14-11-2019, 03:54 AM
Experiencer

bj, its not that people dislike JW-I personally do not dislike them-however, we disagree on our beliefs and theology.
Old 14-11-2019, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It appears some members do not like Jehovah Witnesses, their Bible and what they believe.

Why is that?

I think their is a big difference in detest/dislike, maybe disagree would be a better word. They disagree with Roman Catholic beliefs and very loudly let it be known, to each their own....
Old 14-11-2019, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I think their is a big difference in detest/dislike, maybe disagree would be a better word. They disagree with Roman Catholic beliefs and very loudly let it be known, to each their own....
If I remember right, you also disagree with Roman Catholic beliefs and you let it be know.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-11-2019, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If I remember right, you also disagree with Roman Catholic beliefs and you let it be know.

Yes I do disagree with some R/C beliefs but I don't knock on the doors of peoples homes and condemn them to hell
Old 14-11-2019, 05:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes I do disagree with some R/C beliefs but I don't knock on the doors of peoples homes and condemn them to hell
I never heard of anybody knock on somebody's door and condemn the homeowner to hell.

Please provide documentation of a religion that practices such behaviour. I would be interested in reading those policies, etc.

Old 14-11-2019, 05:48 AM
Knower
Mostly due to the reports of cult-like treatment and abuses within the organisation. Plus, knocking on doors and trying to convert people is never going to go down well.
Old 14-11-2019, 07:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastthemirror
Mostly due to the reports of cult-like treatment and abuses within the organisation. Plus, knocking on doors and trying to convert people is never going to go down well.

I spent my 7 formative years within the bosom of JWs. In fact it would be true to say that I learned to read by perusing the pages of AWAKE and THE WATCHTOWER. This accompanied by weekly visits to the local Kingdom Hall where I was, as a child, warmly greeted by very nice people. This is where I was first introduced to the Bible - an introduction which was carried forward by continuous schooling in a normal British state school.
My time with the JWs was during WW2, what really impressed me then as a child was the strength of their beliefs and their determination to 'spread the good word' even as buildings were burning and bombs falling they went out knocking on doors.
Like all of us there are 'good' people and 'bad' people in the JW world and if they believe the Bible in certain ways, well, at least they stick to their guns and don't think that 'the Church' has to change its ways in order to meet 'modern lifestyles'.
Any connection I had with them has long gone but I was made very happy in their midst and have never forgotten their care.

The Churches of today of any denomination are poor shadows of what could be if those so-called members would only follow the words they choose to spout. They, almost without exception, wear coats of many colours, each colour fitting to the way the wind blows.

God knows why it is possible to achieve a degree in theology when there isn't the slightest indication that this subject could be looked upon as being a science. A heap of useless information leading to no result is a waste of time. This isn't my opinion - it can be seen everywhere - ask for instance those believers who work in gun factories and similar. I know a few.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 14-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Administrator
I have a few friends who are JW I don't detest them but I don't agree with them.i am a spiritualist to them I am evil because I speak to spirit,but hey ho what ever floats your boat.
the one thing I don't like is when they try to convert people to their religion

Namaste
Closed Thread