Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
I know what the Bible says about the issue but do you think it means that people who live in loving gay relationships are also committing a sin?

if we went by what we thought it meant. or better yet what we want!... to make it mean. we would be totally going against Jehovah God. if he said that the act is an "abomination" ,(Levi. 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them), before Jesus. and after Jesus had died it's still wrong,( Rom.1:26,27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly). then a "loving relationship" or NOT, it's still a sin.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:28 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No... You love whoever you love and if others can't accept you for who you are then that's their problem

it's not about what another human thinks or feel, because we ALL are imperfect. i personally don't care what anyone does with their lives. but if I claim to be a "Christian" I join the side of Jehovah God and Jesus, who can save me Soul, or imperfect man, who can't. a "Christian" will either obey Jehovah God's words, or live as he please. which could mean our life ,(James 1:14,15 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death).

if one claim to follow Jesus, then Jesus stated that we must, push ourselves aside and follow him ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). MANY hear the world of God, but refuse to obey it ,(James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves). what ever a "Christian" do, it should be to the Glory of God ,(1Cor. 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God).

MANY don't either seem to understand what he meant, or just selfishly refuse to. even if MANY refuse to hear it, these are what Jehovah God called "wicked acts." we as "Christians" should walk in the ways that Jesus had shown us. if it means changing ways that unpleases "GOD", then that's what we should do,(Psa. 119:101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word). we shouldn't be into fleshing and worldly love ,(1John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world). but, it's whoever's world.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
it's not about what another human thinks or feel, because we ALL are imperfect. i personally don't care what anyone does with their lives. but if I claim to be a "Christian" I join the side of Jehovah God and Jesus, who can save me Soul, or imperfect man, who can't. a "Christian" will either obey Jehovah God's words, or live as he please. which could mean our life ,(James 1:14,15 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death).

if one claim to follow Jesus, then Jesus stated that we must, push ourselves aside and follow him ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). MANY hear the world of God, but refuse to obey it ,(James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves). what ever a "Christian" do, it should be to the Glory of God ,(1Cor. 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God).

MANY don't either seem to understand what he meant, or just selfishly refuse to. even if MANY refuse to hear it, these are what Jehovah God called "wicked acts." we as "Christians" should walk in the ways that Jesus had shown us. if it means changing ways that unpleases "GOD", then that's what we should do,(Psa. 119:101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word). we shouldn't be into fleshing and worldly love ,(1John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world). but, it's whoever's world.

Thankfully my God is not perceived as you percieve yours
Old 05-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Thankfully my God is not perceived as you percieve yours

that's what its all about 'perception'
I don't think it ever was about different gods it was only about how God is perceived
and how to judge the rightness or wrongness of someone's perception
Jesus said it best 'by their fruits' what is the end result of their perception of God
Old 06-02-2019, 06:44 PM
Master
I think largely, that banning homosexuality had alot to do with the threat to the early formation of a nation. Namely Israel.
Adding to that is the genetically instilled abhorrence to homosexuality by those who are not gay.
This is just natural evolutionary development, genetics, and instinct.

So, I've read the research on how chemicals all around us in the modern world, particularly with plastics affects genetics, including gender identity of the fetus in the womb.
How do you blame people for that, (jo-jo)?
Other than the manufacturers of said chemicals?

Whatever their gender identity is, they are still people.

Many who are offended by gays, it seems, are so because they feel threatened.
(You can't make me gay!)
Either you are gay or not. The threat is mute.

In the end one can see that gender and sex are particular to the organic aspects, and physical world, and involving reproduction issues, and not particular to the Spirit.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-02-2019, 11:29 PM
Master
A need for forgiveness needs recognition, and to be recieved.
This is what a relationship is about.

"God is love."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-02-2019, 02:09 AM
Master
It seems to me that people have to imagine what God likes and dislikes and base a human moral position on that regarding sexuality. Of course for Christians you have to find something from the Bible, and fortunately there is a passage about homosexuality which such is degenerate. From that basis, since Christian principles founded Western ethics and therefore the law, homosexual acts, being degenerate, were illegal until recently and legal restrictions on marriage continued and are hotly contested. The formation of civilisation tacitly revolves around cultural norms and abnormality is defined against those norms. Due to the ethical underpinning, good is normal and degeneracy is abnormal, so even as the truth of Christianity lost its validity to the emerging truth of science, the sectarian knowledge of psychoanalysis continued the 'degenerate' narrative, but using words such as 'abnormalcy, perversion, disorder, insanity, mental illness' etc. 'Cures' or 'treatment' replaced persecution and churches adapted to incorporate their own treatments or 'therapies', replacing condemnations. Since it had become and an illness, its ethical position became blameless, so it lost legal criminality, being relegated to the psychiatric institution. Recently, social sentiment has changed to seeing homosexuality as 'uncommon' rather than 'abnormal', and medical hypothesis of genetic gayness is the latest - e.g. your are either gay or you're not, i was born gay, it's just who I am, and other such rhetoric. Indeed, the genetic model, if true, would suggest gayness is 'natural', and 'natural' is an 'act of God'... praise be... yet who can say what God acts, if God acts? I personally can't say.

I'm not one to imagine what God thinks, if God thinks at all, but I envisage God as an infinite outpouring of pure love that is accessible to all beings; not a divine person who judges people's worthiness. The issue of guilt is very complicated because personal values are entwined with social values, but essentially, principles of consent and benefit over harm are universal - which is not to say these principles resolve all dilemmas. Indeed, ethics is the world of dilemma; not black and white knowledge of right vs wrong.
Old 25-02-2019, 12:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50

Its all mans interpretation of what God likes or doesn't
You can take any bunch of scriptures and make out what you want them to say. That is all we are doing i recon. One person thinks God is an almighty, fearsome judge who seems kind of evil, another that he is love. We make God how we want him to be.
Old 26-02-2019, 06:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Its all mans interpretation of what God likes or doesn't
You can take any bunch of scriptures and make out what you want them to say. That is all we are doing i recon. One person thinks God is an almighty, fearsome judge who seems kind of evil, another that he is love. We make God how we want him to be.

This is true d.m., but it is a case of subjectivity vs. objectivity. Isn't it?

Old 26-02-2019, 01:32 PM
I think God sees us for who we are...and that has no gender.
Isn't part of this earth life to realize we are living in
a place of dualities, (struggles, etc) and go beyond them?
...Come out of this place like phoenixes out of the ashes, rising above the
unreality of societies, limitations and even this body?
*shrug*

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru