Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 17-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Suspended

how to understand ourselves

we live in a complicated world with complicated people and still, we tend to forget ourselves and move ahead. so how do we start understanding ourselves?
Old 17-02-2020, 07:34 PM
Master

Turn toward your inner source of knowledge and guidance (aka your inner guide). Ask questions, and you'll get answers.
Be careful to leave behind all your beliefs and expectations when you ask, or your answers will be distorted, and useless.
You can use meditation, prayer, self-hypnosis, lucid dreaming, whatever appeals to you. I use, and recommend self-hypnosis.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-12-2021, 05:15 AM
Bambo

A good thread........ Its hard to understand ourselves AND ANYTHING ELSE!!
Old 17-12-2021, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
A good thread........ Its hard to understand ourselves AND ANYTHING ELSE!!
Maybe you're joking?
Anyway, my 2 cents is: I think it is the opposite. And will offer that all our answers are inside...
so in stillness and sitting in silence so much comes to us.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-12-2021, 01:31 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with Miss hepburn

Namaste
Old 20-12-2021, 01:11 PM
Madamedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I think it is the opposite.
Yes, it is easy to understand ourselves. It can take time to understand that we may make it more complicated than it is though. Conditionning is a part of it too.
Old 20-12-2021, 03:42 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

Psychology offers a way of understanding ourselves, e.g. our behaviour that may not occur to us by turning inwards.
Old 20-12-2021, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Psychology offers a way of understanding ourselves, e.g. our behaviour that may not occur to us by turning inwards.
VERY true! I rem when I first read, ''Getting The Love You Want'', H. Hendricks*,
in the 90s---as homework in Couple Therapy....
by the first chapter my mouth dropped...I understood 'why'
we get with who we get with! Wow.
Of course, a was much younger then and very clueless about many things.
It wasn't til 1989 I got that my trauma-wounds came from my father, not my mother!
Thank you my many therapists friends that helped.

* Next best book to 'get' a whole panacea of family and relationship issues
is ''The Five Love Languages'', Chapman.
Talk about saving a relationship!!! And not divorcing!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-12-2021, 10:31 PM
Bambo

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Maybe you're joking?
Anyway, my 2 cents is: I think it is the opposite. And will offer that all our answers are inside...
so in stillness and sitting in silence so much comes to us.
No I wasnt Joking maybe I just didnt understand...... I think you might be right about sitting alone alot comes to us,maybe I just have so much sadness I cant do that I dont know.....

I try not to be mad at anyone.. Alot of people have been quite mean to me and I still try to be nice. God says we should be loving and kind to each other......

I try to be,even though its not easy......