Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 18-10-2019, 06:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Some do need healing I agree with you, I personally know some who needed years of Psychiatric help to help after years of following certain Christian beliefs and dogma.
Is that also true of other religions and belief systems?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-10-2019, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Not interested in engaging. But thanks Namaste

You initially started engaging with me. I understand the need to bow out when the questions get uncomfortable though. Peace.
Old 18-10-2019, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Is that also true of other religions and belief systems?

I am sure it is true but I am referring to Christianity which sometimes mocks the Teachings of Jesus....
Old 18-10-2019, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
I am sure it is true but I am referring to Christianity which sometimes mocks the Teachings of Jesus....
If you look at what Jesus taught: it has changed. But what we have today,
which calls itself Christianity, was prophesied.

For those who do not practice what Jesus taught, what would you recommend be done with them?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Master

I have a simple rule and it never lets me down
If the average non-religious, non-educated manual labourer type bloke, van driver, brick layer, whatever thinks something is evil, it usually is. if they think something is good, they're normally right as well
but come Saturday night their chucking up behind macdonalds

it never fails to leave behind the ideology for a moment and take heed of the common as muck underground peasant stream of wisdom.
Old 18-10-2019, 01:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Jyotir, if so, how can people see into their own psyche,

“Physician, heal thyself,” but in reality 99.5% of people we can’t see our own traps and shortcomings,

Just a general question, not related to this topic or Christianity,

Jl
By a process that has equivalents in many traditions: self-examination.

What am I doing?
Why am I doing it (motive/intention)?
How am I doing it (effective form/practice consistent with intention)?

"their own psyche" is the Highest within.
The Highest within observes, reflects, and guides, if one is available and receptive to it, which may begin in and through self-examination, which provides increasing access.

A detachment in response allows for the notion that God is truly the doer and compassionately supports and fulfills human intention and action, which when self-examined may lead to increased confluence with the Divine Will/Vision/Truth-consciousness.

~ J
Old 18-10-2019, 02:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Why did God condone and order such terrible acts of violence found in the OT? If some believe the Bible to be the ' Word of God ' then you have to believe God was as guilty as the perpetrators or even worse....

the whole bible is written by means of Jehovah God's Holy Spirit ,(2Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness). it was written for especially us, who's living in the "LAST DAYS" ,(Rom. 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope).

not Just any man, was allowed to write the words of the bible. but ONLY those who worship the God of Israel, JEHOVAH ,(Exo. 6:3). men like Moses who wrote the books of ,Exodus ,Leviticus and Numbers, (just to name a few). Jeremiah wrote 1Kings ,2kings and Jeremiah. and Ezra wrote 1st and 2nd Chronicles, and the names goes on. if you read the whole Bible. you would see that Jehovah God allowed MANY to die who went up against his people. and because they challenged his sovereignty ,(2Kgs. 18 and 19).

king Sennacherib of Assyria thought that since he captured MANY people of other nations. saying that their gods couldn't save them. it would be the same with King Hezekiah. he didn't believe his God could save him either, but he did!...

(2Kgs. 19:35-37 And it came to pass on a certain night that the angel of the LORD went out, and killed in the camp of the Assyrians one hundred and eighty-five thousand; and when people arose early in the morning, there were the corpses all dead. So Sennacherib king of Assyria departed and went away, returned home, and remained at Nineveh. Now it came to pass, as he was worshiping in the temple of Nisroch his god, that his sons Adrammelech and Sharezer struck him down with the sword; and they escaped into the land of Ararat. Then Esarhaddon his son reigned in his place).

also those in during the Flood in Noah's day. REFUSED to HEED the words of Jehovah God through Noah. which was to basically straighten up, and join him. because Jehovah is going to destroy those who didn't. some say it was evil, because kind hearted people or innocent children also died. sad, yes, but who's fault was it really? the PARENTS! man do stupid things, then when something goes wrong, they blame God ,(Pro. 19:3 The foolishness of a man twists his way, And his heart frets against the Lord).

if those Parents had follow Noah's advice, they and their children would have been saved also. we as Parents are responsible for our children's welfare. MANY today care ONLY for themselves, NOT the lives of their Children. Jehovah that in the "LAST DAYS" men would be "lovers of themselves", (2Tim. 3:2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy).

Many of the children in Noah's time already had a taste of how to be wicked, (referring to children of age). if their parents were living Righteously, those kids would still have had a chance, (if they were minors)! sadly if MANY have a problem with how Jehovah runs things. as Jesus showed, it's going to happen in our time. and MANY, just like in Noah's day. will live to see it!

see (Matt. 24:37-39 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark. and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be). he's hard to understand by MANY, because they had NOT come to Know the "TRUE GOD", as Jesus said ,(John 17:3). peace
Old 20-10-2019, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
the whole bible is written by means of Jehovah God's Holy Spirit ,(2Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness). it was written for especially us, who's living in the "LAST DAYS" ,(Rom. 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope).

not Just any man, was allowed to write the words of the bible. but ONLY those who worship the God of Israel, JEHOVAH ,(Exo. 6:3). men like Moses who wrote the books of ,Exodus ,Leviticus and Numbers, (just to name a few). Jeremiah wrote 1Kings ,2kings and Jeremiah. and Ezra wrote 1st and 2nd Chronicles, and the names goes on. if you read the whole Bible. you would see that Jehovah God allowed MANY to die who went up against his people. and because they challenged his sovereignty ,(2Kgs. 18 and 19).

king Sennacherib of Assyria thought that since he captured MANY people of other nations. saying that their gods couldn't save them. it would be the same with King Hezekiah. he didn't believe his God could save him either, but he did!...

(2Kgs. 19:35-37 And it came to pass on a certain night that the angel of the LORD went out, and killed in the camp of the Assyrians one hundred and eighty-five thousand; and when people arose early in the morning, there were the corpses all dead. So Sennacherib king of Assyria departed and went away, returned home, and remained at Nineveh. Now it came to pass, as he was worshiping in the temple of Nisroch his god, that his sons Adrammelech and Sharezer struck him down with the sword; and they escaped into the land of Ararat. Then Esarhaddon his son reigned in his place).

also those in during the Flood in Noah's day. REFUSED to HEED the words of Jehovah God through Noah. which was to basically straighten up, and join him. because Jehovah is going to destroy those who didn't. some say it was evil, because kind hearted people or innocent children also died. sad, yes, but who's fault was it really? the PARENTS! man do stupid things, then when something goes wrong, they blame God ,(Pro. 19:3 The foolishness of a man twists his way, And his heart frets against the Lord).

if those Parents had follow Noah's advice, they and their children would have been saved also. we as Parents are responsible for our children's welfare. MANY today care ONLY for themselves, NOT the lives of their Children. Jehovah that in the "LAST DAYS" men would be "lovers of themselves", (2Tim. 3:2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy).

Many of the children in Noah's time already had a taste of how to be wicked, (referring to children of age). if their parents were living Righteously, those kids would still have had a chance, (if they were minors)! sadly if MANY have a problem with how Jehovah runs things. as Jesus showed, it's going to happen in our time. and MANY, just like in Noah's day. will live to see it!

see (Matt. 24:37-39 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark. and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be). he's hard to understand by MANY, because they had NOT come to Know the "TRUE GOD", as Jesus said ,(John 17:3). peace

' He's hard to understand by MANY, because they had NOT come to Know the "TRUE GOD", '

Yes I agree with you, many do not know the ' True God '. the one who would never condone the ' Violence ' in the OT....
Old 20-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Master
Quote:
' He's hard to understand by MANY, because they had NOT come to Know the "TRUE GOD", '

Yes I agree with you, many do not know the ' True God '. the one who would never condone the ' Violence ' in the OT....
I guess he is not your God.......

By the way, how much of the Old Testament have you read?

Old 20-10-2019, 07:01 AM
Master
Sometimes I think the Law really did come thru Jethro......

Hard to believe none of Jethro's beliefs did not rub off on to Moses..... being Moses worked for him
and lived under his roof. And then there is the 'burning bush' and the the Ten Commandments all
occurring in the same place and in the area where Jethro's sheep grazed. Hmmmm.

Then there is the question of when, where and by who (plural) was Genesis and Exodus written?

Ohhh I forgot, when was the Old Testament canonized. Surely this would give us some more clues.

Closed Thread