Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 13-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Master
Violence.

Why did God condone and order such terrible acts of violence found in the OT? If some believe the Bible to be the ' Word of God ' then you have to believe God was as guilty as the perpetrators or even worse....

A Teenager asked me this question and I answered in my own personal opinion that the OT is not the ' Word of God ' which of course led to more questions and an never-ending conversation which I bowed out off and advised them to do some contemplating....
Old 13-10-2019, 10:57 AM
Master
The bible says the Canaanites were wiped out by the Israelites but scientists just found their descendants living in Lebanon.

‘You shall not leave alive anything that breathes. But you shall utterly destroy them’

Well ' God ' got that wrong..... thankfully.
Old 13-10-2019, 11:01 AM
Deactivated Account
It's very simple…. The god of the bible is a genocidal sociopath with a narcissistic personality disorder. If you don't live up to his expectations, he'll drown the living sh#t out of you, or he'll have you and your entire family killed and calls it ''divine justice''. The bible itself was probably written by a moron with the same traits.
Old 13-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
It's very simple…. The god of the bible is a genocidal sociopath with a narcissistic personality disorder. If you don't live up to his expectations, he'll drown the living sh#t out of you, or he'll have you and your entire family killed and calls it ''divine justice''. The bible itself was probably written by a moron with the same traits.

Some Christian Schools have banned some verses being taught, this is one amongst many.

1 Corinthians.

"Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Can you imagine the trauma this verse could cause to Children who actually live in these types of environments through no fault of their own...
Old 13-10-2019, 11:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Some Christian Schools have banned some verses being taught, this is one amongst many.

1 Corinthians.

"Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Can you imagine the trauma this verse could cause to Children who actually live in these types of environments through no fault of their own...

Oh boy, can I imagine. And that's merely the tip of the Iceberg. So in that case they might as well bannish the entire bible from being taught because it inspires nothing but fear, misery, and violence. Sure, one may refer to the teachings of Christ as positive, but the way I see it; in the new testament, God suddenly has a mental breakdown and temporarily becomes that teddy bear type God only to return to his bad habits at the book of revelations when he threatens to destroy the Earth if we don't repent and give praise to him.
Old 13-10-2019, 12:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Why did God condone and order such terrible acts of violence found in the OT? If some believe the Bible to be the ' Word of God ' then you have to believe God was as guilty as the perpetrators or even worse....

A Teenager asked me this question and I answered in my own personal opinion that the OT is not the ' Word of God ' which of course led to more questions and an never-ending conversation which I bowed out off and advised them to do some contemplating....
The problem with swinging a ball-and-chain is that you have to be attached to it to do so.

Contemplate that.

~ J
Old 13-10-2019, 12:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Oh boy, can I imagine. And that's merely the tip of the Iceberg. So in that case they might as well bannish the entire bible from being taught because it inspires nothing but fear, misery, and violence. Sure, one may refer to the teachings of Christ as positive, but the way I see it; in the new testament, God suddenly has a mental breakdown and temporarily becomes that teddy bear type God only to return to his bad habits at the book of revelations when he threatens to destroy the Earth if we don't repent and give praise to him.

Yes it is definitely the tip of the iceberg. I was reading an article that states suicide rates among LGBT youth is extremely high in those who follow certain Religions, Mormons and Jw's have high proportions, so sad and unnecessary. Something needs to be done about it before more Families are heartbroken.
Old 13-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:

1 Corinthians.

Would people be happy if 1 Corinthians 6:9(b)-10 said:

"The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who have sex with men, thieves,
the greedy, drunkards, slanderers, swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."?

Note that the prelude scriptures to the above scriptures, 1 Corinthians 6:7-9(a) reads:

The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? Instead, "You yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:"

Verse 11 makes it clear that those who were 'bad' can inherit the Kingdom where it reads

"And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Would people be happy if 1 Corinthians 6:9(b)-10 said:

"The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who have sex with men, thieves,
the greedy, drunkards, slanderers, swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."?

Note that the prelude scriptures to the above scriptures, 1 Corinthians 6:7-9(a) reads:

The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? Instead, "You yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:"

Verse 11 makes it clear that those who were 'bad' can inherit the Kingdom where it reads

"And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

I personally am not upset by any biblical violence etc : I am more puzzled by the discrepancies. As I don't believe the bible is the ' Word of God ' it has no value for me , but I feel sad for people especially the Youth who do believe and suffer because of the abhorrent verses...
Old 13-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
I personally am not upset by any biblical violence etc : I am more puzzled by the discrepancies. As I don't believe the bible is the ' Word of God ' it has no value for me , but I feel sad for people especially the Youth who do believe and suffer because of the abhorrent verses...
Today we live in a society where some people believe that if a good person steals from a wealthy person, it is okay. Figure it out?

As terrible as the Bible is claimed to be, in the Old Testament, the poor and widowed were suppose to be taken care of. I only know of one main religion that does that. This practice is now handled by the governments known as welfare.

The Old Testament had provisions that every 7 years, certain property rights were restored. The year after 7 of these cycles, 7 X 7 which is 49 plus 1 which is the 50th year, all property rights, even your right to no longer be a slave, were restored. As far as I know, there are no religions that practice any of this but the 7 year cycle is implemented in our bankruptcy laws.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Closed Thread