Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-12-2022, 12:47 PM
Master
Color If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?" —Rumi

If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?" —Rumi

Life shapes us and reincarnation, death, isn’t foreseeable to the person who doesn’t like being rubbed,

I don’t like being rubbed but how will life perfect me if I didn’t get polished…

Theses many surprises in life, twin flames,soulmates, family, friends, wealth, work..

Many desires and wishful wishes..

We wouldn’t achieve them without being perfected by life shaping us through every obstacle and hurdle…

Today I’m trying to accept this quote … for my pain and free spirited personality…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 19-12-2022, 02:11 PM
Master
If we react to any life experience, we would do well to examine why we did so. It is a basic exercise in mindfulness, practiced moment to moment. Ask, if the experience came to mind-body, which I am not, why can I not witness it with gratitude since it brings learning to my soul?

There are no shortcuts. Earth life is harsh and relentless. It’s what we have chosen.
Old 19-12-2022, 09:04 PM
Master
As an empath and highly sensitive walking through every rub is tiring, heavy, a burden to carry..but like unseeker said- tending to your inner world mindfully moment to moment is all you can do. Your balance in time will cease to be rubbed and find its wisdom and self love.

My view in life is ‘everything is my teacher’
Old 20-12-2022, 02:39 AM
Master

Interesting,

I've never heard this Rumi quote before.

I suppose it speaks about refinement of self.

I view life as infinite and a mirror as temporary, something about mirrors, they get cleaned and then they get dusty again. I imagine that human existence is a little bit the same.

I think that the mindfulness approach allows this continuous nature of challenge and refinement as beginning leads to an end in infinite cyclical motion.

It is like building muscle, for muscle to grow, the muscle tears and repairs.

If your desire is to build muscle, then the tearing and repairing nature of growth can become part of the joy of the experience.

Sometimes when I am feeling exhausted by the process, I like to remind myself of the value and desire I have choosen within the process.

So for me, the healing journey was inspired by the desire to feel more freedom and acceptance for myself.