Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 10-12-2022, 05:16 PM
Knower

As I said, I moved a lot, even when I had children. Both my children were born in Texas, then we moved to Oregon, then Maryland, Oregon again, and finally Colorado where I currently live.

Listening to people who have lived in one place their entire life...well, I just can't relate. At all. My daughter and I were talking about this very subject just a few weeks ago. She can't relate either. As an adult she lived in Colorado, Las Vegas, NV, Texas, and now Missouri. Then you add in the states she lived in as a child, well it was a lot of travelling.

We just have gypsy feet. But the buck stops there. All of us are done traveling. And grandchildren don't have the craving for adventure like we did.

Regrets? No. I'm happy that I travelled, explored, experienced different cultures. Made friends in different places. No my friends and I didn't stay connected. Maybe if we had the internet back then we might have.

I gravitated towards like-minded people. We had families/kids, and between them and work, had busy lives. So it was easy to gravitate towards new homes, new adventures and new friends.

Not trying to insult those who have lived in one place with the same friends. I'm sure they are very happy with their lives and the people who surround and support them. Just not my cup of tea.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:24 PM
Administrator
Every body that we meet in life has something to teach us.whether it be for a short while,or longer ,you must have Romany blood in you to move about so much.

Namaste
Old 11-12-2022, 05:52 AM
Master

Moving

Hey Catterns I could have written your comments myself. I totally get where your coming from cos my life has been very very similar. The only difference is that I moved countries and continents!!

Don’t regret anything. Loved every minute of it. If I had the energy ide be on the move again now.

Funny you say that about Romany’s Native Spirit as my cousin looked into our family ancestry and found we were originally from Romany’s of Eastern Europe. No surprise there!!!
Old 11-12-2022, 04:17 PM
Knower

Redchic12, you are a brave one. Talk about different cultures, lol. No regrets here either. Yes, I physically can't do it anymore.

Native spirit, I knew no fear.
Old 11-12-2022, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Every body that we meet in life has something to teach us.whether it be for a short while,or longer ,you must have Romany blood in you to move about so much.
Does Romany mean, Romanian, as in gypsy? I've never heard it before.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-12-2022, 05:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Does Romany mean, Romanian, as in gypsy? I've never heard it before.
Apparently the Roma originated from Northern India (based on linguistics and genetic evidence), and over a period of more than a thousand years they slowly migrated to Persia and then southern Europe and eventually all of Europe.

The term gypsy originated because Europeans mistakenly thought that they came from Egypt.

There is no special connection to Romania, the country. The name Romania comes from the historic connection of the region with ancient Rome.

Peace
Old 11-12-2022, 08:26 PM
Administrator
The Romany gypsies are the true gypsies. when you see the Horse drawn caravans they lived in they are ornate,
Beautiful it was spotless . they used to cook outside had a fire to cook.
Later other started doing the same but they were travellers
people started calling them gypsy's also.

But like everything else you get one bad apple and it tarnishes the others

Namaste
Old 11-12-2022, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The term gypsy originated because Europeans mistakenly thought that they came from Egypt.
Wow, never knew that ...makes sense.
Like Columbus thought he had reached India so called the natives Indians!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-12-2022, 10:56 PM
Knower

Neat, Native spirit. I wonder if I got my gypsy feet from a previous incarnation. My birth mother also moved a lot. It seemed to entail 3 generations and then stopped at the grandkids. Maybe it will resurface in another couple of generations. I'll be looking down on them by that time. 😏

I didn't know that Miss Hepburn.
Old 12-12-2022, 02:05 AM
Administrator
It gets my teeth on edge every time I hear Columba's discovered America he discovered nothing
The Natives were there long before he got there.

Namaste