Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Seeker

Please Help, ques about God

Hello beautiful spirits!

So I was hoping to get some guidance to help me grow my spirit and also help me with knowing how to address the universe or God.

I have heard that God is the great spirit, the source, the creator, etc.

However, I have also heard that we are all God.

But I just wanted to get everyone's insight as to how I should approach this?

If I am God then how do I still talk to God? Do I refer to him as him, her, it?

I only ask because I feel bad approaching this with ignorance
Old 25-08-2017, 10:50 PM
Master
Hi there,

Different schools of thought ponder on how or why we exist & that includes science itself. Consider all of it - even if only briefly.

Something will speak to you.

If you have ever seen Star Wars then think of the force, if not here it is.

"An energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together."

That is one interpretation of God/ universal energy. When we die we become part of it again. We are all God stems from this concept as we come from the universe - the energy so we are that energy in human/spiritual form.

The other is the Abrahamic idea of God as the Father/ Creator as you well know.

Both could simultaneously be "correct" in the sense of that's the best we a humans can come up with but take into account that God may not exist at all.

Nature could be "it" & what do you picture when you think of nature? Life getting on with whatever it is programmed to do.

See my signature for my own take which is that we can't define God but we do all know what goodness is. Any person of any faith needs to start there in my opinion.

On a side note - people can talk about sports teams or Albums or interpret Art all day if you let them, so someone going into intricate detail about their faith doesn't mean anything more that those do. Humans complicate things.

Macbeth has about three layers & double meanings to nearly every word but it isn't a true story!

Have fun ...

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 18-12-2022 at 01:19 PM. Reason: opinions stated as fact deleted.
Old 25-08-2017, 11:06 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity

If you have ever seen Star Wars then think of the force, if not here it is.

"An energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together."
That was so true and beautiful! Thank you for your insight and love :)
Old 25-08-2017, 11:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnIXght
However, I have also heard that we are all God.
But I just wanted to get everyone's insight as to how I should approach this?
If your only asking because you feel bad approaching this with ignorance wouldn't it be wiser to visit your wise self when you let go of this perception and listen in you for answers that feel right for you ?Sometimes it is wiser to be kind to your unknown aspects seeking to open more naturally without thinking you need to find "right words". Nothing will feel right until your resonation in feeling matches you. Otherwise your only pretending to know the truth you seek. The feeling of deeper resonation for real is felt as truth deeper in you. Being ok as you are not knowing doesn't require a fix to make you less ignorant. It only requires you to be present as you are open to more as you grow and learn more.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 25-08-2017, 11:44 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
If your only asking because you feel bad approaching this with ignorance wouldn't it be wiser to visit your wise self when you let go of this perception and listen in you for answers that feel right for you ?Sometimes it is wiser to be kind to your unknown aspects seeking to open more naturally without thinking you need to find "right words". Nothing will feel right until your resonation in feeling matches you. Otherwise your only pretending to know the truth you seek. The feeling of deeper resonation for real is felt as truth deeper in you. Being ok as you are not knowing doesn't require a fix to make you less ignorant. It only requires you to be present as you are open to more as you grow and learn more.

That is true. I am resisting the answers that are already playing out within me
Old 26-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
That was so true and beautiful! Thank you for your insight and love :)

Your most welcome. Obviously that's my take on things but it can all get overly complicated when I don't believe it needs to - especially not at first.

Quote:
how I should approach this?

If you believe that you are the energy then you essentially need to tune yourself into it much like finding a radio station. Sitting quietly & calmly is an easy 1st step I believe.

If you believe that God is the Father then just talk ..

Think of it like this:

When a smiling 4 year old brings you a drawing of horse & you look down at the paper
to see scribble - you don't say "that doesn't look like a horse".

You smile & say "that's beautiful, can you draw something else as well?"

The Father God would likely be the same - to him it wouldn't matter how you pray it's the intention behind it thats important.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 26-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
The Father God would likely be the same - to him it wouldn't matter how you pray it's the intention behind it thats important.

That is a very good reference especially about the kid! You have definitely helped me liberate the part of my spirit that I have kept caged away. Thank you for your kind words
Old 26-08-2017, 04:02 AM
Master
Quote:
That is a very good reference especially about the kid! You have definitely helped me liberate the part of my spirit that I have kept caged away. Thank you for your kind words

In my early childhood training a child's creation/picture has 1001 ways to express itself, so don't be in to much of a hurry to do another drawing or push a child beyond what can be explored deeper. saying something is beautiful and draw me another is "moving a child away from its own sharing about what the child sees/feels/wants to express in the showing" AS IT" is. many parents who are not educated in how to nurture a child's expression to move them deeper, can actually hinder the natural spontaneous, self exploration and self awareness that can be expressed of itself as it is.The depth within the present creation can express itself with encouragement and acceptance as it is seen by the creator so I would be more consciously aware of yourself as this when around others who might in the lack of awareness tell you to move on and do differently.

So there is much of you in your op that can explore deeper in you.

It's really where you choose within all expressed what part you holding yourself back with. letting go of right wrong ways and using and expressing your own language/meanings to express your way is your own unique self.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
don't be in to much of a hurry to do another drawing or push a child beyond what can be explored deeper. saying something is beautiful and draw me another is "moving a child away from its own sharing about what the child sees/feels/wants to express in the showing"

This approach is one school of thought.

If a child is creative, wanting to interact or perhaps needing some encouragement you are only nurturing a process that the child has already begun in my example. (which seemed to resonate with you.)

God as a Father would be the ultimate nurturer would he not?

Mindfulness as described by naturesflo is another school of thought whereby we are proposing that God is universal energy & self exploration and self awareness is the focus.

As I said in my earlier post it really is up to you, Consider all of it - even if only briefly.

If we are still going by my small child analogy - each child has different needs & will encounter similar things to others in life, but handle them in their own way. They are still in a state of learning & they need to explore & question. There is still a wider world though that is confusing to them & often dangerous so practically every culture will teach & encourage slowly & gradually and I'd suggest you, yourself doing the same spiritually - move slowly & gradually.

If I were to take a guess at the moment I'd say that your a God the father type of person so that will bring up different questions than God as energy would.

Even Jesus supposedly asked "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" ("My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?") so whether he was son of god or merely a great man he still had questions about the method of God & felt abandoned when he was pushed to breaking point here in the physical world.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 26-08-2017, 07:28 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Hello beautiful spirits!

So I was hoping to get some guidance to help me grow my spirit and also help me with knowing how to address the universe or God.

I have heard that God is the great spirit, the source, the creator, etc.

You're at the beginning of a huge exploration so you need to give yourself time and be patient as you explore the many avenues opening out before you.

There are those who believe there's a god up there in the sky someowhere, watching and ready to judge us accordingly. The Biblical (Abrahamic) god is the vengeful one ready to cast people into heaven or hell. That's why many orthodox Jews write the name as G*d for fear of uttering the name casually. (I'll avoid my own viewpoint here, except to say that he's accredited with creating everything, so he must have created what we think is evil for whatever reason).

There are those who believe that there was one true creator who emanated several layers or stages (sometimes spoken of a It's "children") and what we call evil is really a counterbalance to what we call "good" in the grand cycle of birth, death and renewal.

Then we consider gnosticism - god is within us individually because we construct our realities through our perceptions, so what's out there is also in here (us) and vice versa. You'll hear the phrase "As above, so below" which can be taken to mean we are an extension of the cosmos which is also an extension of us.

And on, until we get to atheism, a valid viewpoint that doesn't bother to question how everything on the mundane world (the planet, the ecology, life etc) got here, just accept that it is. However, the belief that there is no god is as much a belief as there being one.

I've barely scratched the surface here. Best to look through a good few posts over the months to see just how many variants there are and start to formulate some ideas.

Rather than go straight into stuff like meditation, give time to contemplate all you see/read and evaluate how it affects you. Consider all in terms of your own experiences and higher principles, those instinctive ideas you have about how you should drive your life.

Avoid clubby stuff at first until you are convinced it applies to you. Many here are looking for quick and easy answers - and I'm afraid there aren't any. The internet spiritual market place is full of snake-oil merchants dangling their merchandise with soft, seductive words....so... caveat emptor, as they say.

Take time to ask questions - here, anywhere, and press until you find answers that are useful to you. "Finding your path" is a bit arduous. There are blind alleys but we can find our ways back out of them. Remember, it is your path so you may find the guru you followed yesterday (if at all) may not be useful for today. Don't be afraid to back-track if you have to.

Take up a religion if you think that's a good route to start on - but bear in mind religions tell you what you should believe, how you should behave, and what the piunishments are for non-compliance. They don't give scope to you developing your Self.

Give yourself plenty of time.

And good luck.