Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 26-03-2016, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator
After what happened in France not so long ago, and what happened in Brussels recently, it is obvious there is a terrible struggle with a pervading fanaticism, using religion only as an excuse for heinous deeds.
And there are many instances of the most awful cruelty towards the innocent and the potentially loving.
But when we look back, were things any different? Stories I hear about things that happened in Victorian times are no better....(during and prior to that God help anyone who was poor and/or disabled!)then the 1st world war....then the Holocaust of the 2nd....

And yet through it all, we hear of wonderful heroism, kindness, selflessness, compassion, by others. There are literally hundreds of examples of kindness to others out there if we choose to find them.
And meanwhile, no matter what age we happen to live in, those principles work just the same as they always did and always will. To bring hope, compassion and comfort to others.
Old 26-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfPentacles
I loved reading your post, you are definitely not alone!!
I can handle using the 'modern stuff', I have a huge book collection and I'm proud of it, I write stuff down instead of using an electronic version, mobile phones drive me mad and I love vintage things as well, my house is full of vintage stuff that I use as everyday things. Be proud of it, don't feel bad if technology stresses you out, it's not natural, plain and simple...

I too agree, call me old fashioned but I enjoy being an old soul and would love more than anything to go back in time.
Old 26-03-2016, 05:37 PM
Master

I would love to pick and choose what we can take from this era.

In would be:-
- wifi
- computers
- television
- email
- Aeroplanes

Out would be:-
- genetically modified food, pesticides, etc
- poverty and famine
- sweat shops
- disease

Hm. not very realistic.
Old 26-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Seems pretty natural to me. We evolved in a much different world then this high technological one by comparison. Our brains crave a different enviorment, at least mine does.
Old 26-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Experiencer
People who want to go back in time could get a taste of what it was really like by; disconnecting the water, electricity and gas to their homes; never going to a shop to buy food, clothing, books, papers, shoes, pots and pans etc; never visiting a dentist, doctor or hospital; removing the double glazing; making a hole in the roof; working outside in all weathers from first light til last. That'd be just a taste.
Old 26-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Suspended

Well, ugh...the twentfirst century has problems but let's see what the work was like in the early 1900's

1). Women could not vote
2). Blacks were living under Jim Crow and could not vote
3) Modern medicine was just barely starting to emerge but was still very much primitive
4). Christian was the only option, often leading to alienation and persecution
5). Women could not attend higher education or attain substantive work

I mean I can go on. Do you want me to go on?

Is technology a problem, maybe. But, but, but it's a choice, no one forces you to use it.
Old 26-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Suspended

Oh, and for the record op sounds like a middle soul, it's the eccentric adolescence of the soul kind of period.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Pathfinder
I love this thread and reading the replies :)

I am drawn to the 1930s for some reason. It's my dream to own a small Welsh miners cottage and furnish it from that period.

At one time, the world seemed so loud to me, people moved so fast, swirls of colours and noise, gadgets, materialism and a part of me longed for the slower pace of a past I feel so connected to. I used to feel so disorientated with it, and feel so disconnected and as though I have nothing in common with the average person. I turned the television off, turned the radio off and it has helped me to retreat and cope with the world around me. Meditating, sitting in the quiet and talking to my guides help me a lot. I live an insular life with my dog, it suits me and I am happy. I have learned so much during my time here already.

Be who you are.
Old 23-04-2016, 02:48 AM
Newbie ;)

I feel what you're saying. I dislike living in this entire Age of Pisces, lol. I wish I could rewind time back to the Golden Ages and live there. But don't change who you are. This world needs more old-fashioned minds.
Old 23-04-2016, 03:27 AM
Guide
It's a more common feeling than you think. I certainly share it. Granted, it is all too easy to romanticize earlier eras; as others noted, there are of course countless terrible things about practically every time period. Particularly racism, sexism and bigotry, though those things still exist now (just more insidiously)

And yet...! I remain utterly obsessed with the 1920s, 30s and (to a lesser extent) 50s. I admit, it's partly just an aesthetic thing. I would prefer to exclusively wear 19th century ballgowns every day, rather than awkward modern clothing.

And the internet is wonderful, though it's peculiar how we're all simultaneously more connected and more isolated (socially). In so many cities-- specifically in suburban areas in the US-- the sprawled-out city layout and need for cars GREATLY reduces the chance of having meaningful chance encounters with strangers. Everything is so compartmentalized.