Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-10-2022, 06:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
... This is what I meant by "Buddhists do not focus on the astral," nor does any teacher teach cultivation of such, outside the core Buddhist principles and teachings.
Hi pixiedust

Thank you for the clarification. I agree with much of what you say.

Yes, the astral planes can be a very interesting source of distraction, whatever our philosophy and beliefs. Whichever path we follow, we have to go beyond such distractions.

Peace
Old 15-10-2022, 07:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
A sort of bilocation of consciousness?
Yep. The odd thing is the bilocation is usually a consciousness and body that exists in another universe and dimension entirely.

For example, when I saw myself bilocationally alive, my other self was controlling the universe I was living in without the bilocation experience. I could feel I was controlling myself through that other dimension almost like a airport control center.

My brother bilocated at the same time as me and he was only 6 years old I felt bad that he had to experience it at such a young age. He expressed to me it felt like he was somewhere else controlling himself here.
Old 15-10-2022, 09:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Yes, the astral planes can be a very interesting source of distraction, whatever our philosophy and beliefs. Whichever path we follow, we have to go beyond such distractions.

Peace

Thanks, it was probably my poor English that caused the misunderstanding.

What you say above is very clearly my understanding of how Buddhism sees it - and anyone who says otherwise or teaches otherwise is misleading folks IMO.

Sorry for the earlier lack of context.
Old 16-10-2022, 07:51 AM
Master
Quote:
*Deleted*
First of all I did not quote any 'Blog' I merely mentioned to TM that He might find 'Manomaya Kaya' interesting.... It has very little to do with 'one-upmanship', that came from your personal thoughts.

https://thubtenchodron.org/glossary/...manomaya-kaya/

http://tibetanbuddhistencyclopedia.c...ical_ systems

I could Post a multitude of links referring to Manomaya Kaya from different Schools of Buddhism but I'm certain that TM and any others who are interested are more than capable of searching around themselves and can see my intentions had little to do with ' one-upmanship.....
Old 17-10-2022, 12:12 AM
Master

The Tibetan systems are specific - they aren't about googling it and picking it up as a focus - not at all!! But sorry if I was rude in my assumptions. I would never say this is what Buddhist schools teach - they don't and any teachings given are in a very specific context and guidance system. To say or suggest otherwise, IMO, is misleading. Take care.
Old 17-10-2022, 07:52 AM
Master
Quote:
I would never say this is what Buddhist schools teach - they don't and any teachings given are in a very specific context and guidance system. To say or suggest otherwise, IMO, is misleading. Take care.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else but when there are Suttas/Sutras which mention a mind made body (Manomaya Kaya) then I personally understand that it is definitely part of Buddhist teachings and not only in Tibetan Schools of Buddhism....

The Miracle of Instruction.
'With his mind thus concentrated, purified, and bright, unblemished, free from defects, pliant, malleable, steady, and attained to imperturbability, he directs and inclines it to creating a mind-made body.'
The Buddha.

I will leave it at that.
Old 17-10-2022, 10:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Its wonderful
Old 17-10-2022, 04:57 PM
Newbie ;)

cool

this is so good to hear
Old 02-11-2022, 12:47 PM
Master

Meditating

Hey has anybody got any ideas of what is happening to me when I meditate. Nothing serious, but was wondering why my body heats up quite a bit when I meditate. Does it happen to anyone else.
Old 02-11-2022, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Hey has anybody got any ideas of what is happening to me when I meditate. Nothing serious, but was wondering why my body heats up quite a bit when I meditate. Does it happen to anyone else.

Cannot comment offhand but when divine energy/ magnetism (kundalini) is activated and meets resistance (blockages in chakras), heat or a sensation feeling like heat can be generated.