Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 30-07-2021, 10:27 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeiYing
Ahh.

Yes and No.

Whatever the “things/wheel” may be, it is to don’t care, whether it is simple/complex, as there is no 'interest/desire' in it.

“Living off the land”, yes it is. By roaming around, and whatever the food is, to eat, and even if there is no food, don’t are about hunger.

There is a difference in ‘vanaprasta’ and ‘sanyasi’. In case of vanaprasta, they care only about body, so hunt for that day, residing in forest, to stay away from external influences. But, in case of ‘sanyasi’, the next stage, you don’t hunt, but ‘beg’. If someone offers food, one eats. If not, don’t cares of hunger, and reside in city/village and not in forest

And In sleep, whether we "know/find out" - we are living/dead?, likewise don’t care of hunger too, and rely purely upon “That”, and if it is necessary, “that” will provide full energy to eradicate hunger

What do you mean by "self-sustaining"?
Old 30-07-2021, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
"I wonder if this particular group would appreciate Sri Yukteswar's words?"
I would, being a fan of Yogananda. How much can you quote without getting yelled at?
My dear alan, I, for one, do not yell - I don't even threaten; as in ..."If you make a huge quote again when you know we ask you not to,
I will come in the night and haunt your dreams!"
See? I don't even do that!
Oh, but to answer the copypaste or quote ques - 3 sentences would not get the Forum in trouble with copyright issues...
unless an author says - Do not copy any part of this without permission, see?

(I took out 1 sentence in that quote above to make it 3 sentences...it's work to follow these rules, I know!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-07-2021, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
I see the problem...I keep trying to use logic!
If our motive in life is to transcend it, you'd think logic would help us build a platform to jump into that Unknown.
Wouldn't that be logic's purpose, to bring us to the edge of it?...
Logic. Ha! Logic is great when trying to fig out where you may have put your car keys.
But, to use the limited finite to get to the Infinite? Good luck with that!
But you said, 'bring us to the edge' - excellent!

MY logic goes like this: I have a pea-sized brain that
has input
using about 1/4 inch on the EM Spectrum (if the scale was 6 inches).
As I always say: Why, an eagle sees farther, a dog hears more than us!
We are so limited - our puny logic can take us so far.
We are not even aware of a 1000 waves passing thru our roofs right now and thru us from every direction.

That would be one reason Buddhist teachers purposely make NO sense to their students to get then past logic...and into 'the zone'!!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-07-2021, 01:19 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh, but to answer the copypaste or quote ques - 3 sentences would not get the Forum in trouble with copyright issues...
unless an author says - Do not copy any part of this without permission, see?

Excuse my snark. I frequent a couple other forums and everybody's got different rules. I collect quotes. They often say things better than I do. I've never had to shorten an obvious quote before. There's this one guy, who everyday puts down some saying from a 365 day calendar. No one comments. (I finally did and suggested he switch to "Farside" to get more attention.)

I appreciate you clarifying the rule. I shall make no further mention of it, and do my best to keep things short & sweet :-)

Thanks!
Old 30-07-2021, 01:41 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
What do you mean by "Cease to do" or "cease spinning"? It is also an act of 'ceasing'. Isn't it?
The wheel is spinning - and if you are not 'interested' in the Wheel - there is an 'act' of ceasing, stop continuing the movement.
What effort is continuing to be done when you ceased doing? Ceasing to do is not a doing. Ceasing to make the efforts of doing brings stillness...a stillness not created by us. Anything we do only disturbs stillness as we add activity. Cease activity.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 30-07-2021 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 30-07-2021, 01:44 PM
Please remember the Administration has asked please quote only 2-3 sentences.

Old 30-07-2021, 02:08 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
What effort is continuing to be done when you ceased doing?

Sir, a woman stands infront of you and seduce you, and you are seduced and start moving towards her (i.e. doing).

Now, how this 'doing' ceases? How the movement towards her ceases? What happens within you at that time, and so you be still?
Old 30-07-2021, 03:51 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Sir, a woman stands infront of you and seduce you, and you are seduced and start moving towards her (i.e. doing).

Being seduced is a reaction and a doing...cease that and never start moving towards her.
Old 30-07-2021, 04:40 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
Being seduced is a reaction and a doing...cease that and never start moving towards her.

Sir, if you are/me is 'seduced', then nothing can be done. It won't cease as you say. One may try to control it, but it just postponing, and of no use. He also won't remember/an insight to cease, and won't hear other person's words too.

At that moment, if 'seduced' - then it won't cease.

But, before that 'seduced', when women seduces you, "Intelligence" flows and guides you to not fall to her, and negate her as a "FOOL".

This "Intelligence" flows, only when you daily "STOP" moving/desiring/thinking/questioning, and remain in "BLISS". When you do it daily, the flow of energy increases day by day, and only "IT" will make you cease that falling. If you had fallen, then it won't cease, and you have to go through it.

So, daily, after doing all your responsibilities, "STOP" moving/thinking/interesting/desiring for the 'wheel', and remain 'still/being/silence'. Then you can feel what I mean, even if then a women try to seduce you.
Old 30-07-2021, 04:42 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm speaking...
... is just "STOP".
The act of non action you speak of is wei wu wei (act of non-action), it is called "to allow". Or "allowing."

You cannot do the allowing. You can only allow the allowing.
You cannot do the non-doing. You can only allow the non-doing.