Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 07-12-2021, 06:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Richard Martini's Flipside series may be of interest. I have only read the first book, but it goes into the "life between lives" process and the decisions involved in choosing a new incarnation.Peace
That's a subject I'm comfortable with although I guess under favourable conditions, with enough of the right information, one might be able to work out how much time was spent 'over there' compared with how many years when incarnate. With sufficient examples we might get an indication - who knows?

Of course any 'time' as a discarnate is notional because time 'over there' doesn't appear to exist from all we've been told - interesting stuff.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Sounds nice. :)

On 'paper' it sounds nice - the reality might turn out very different.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Of course any 'time' as a discarnate is notional because time 'over there' doesn't appear to exist from all we've been told - interesting stuff.
Or perhaps time does exist "over there" in the sense of a sequential occurrence of events, but whatever time does exist bears no relation to Earthly time.

For example, someone may seem to spend a long time "over there" and then they are told that their funeral is about to happen on Earth, just one week after their passing.

So if someone reincarnates fifty years after their last incarnation ended, their actual experience between incarnations might seem much longer.

This discrepancy between non-physical time and physical time may explain why so many future events seen with astral vision fail to manifest as predicted (for example, the visions of Edgar Cayce). Someone might see a potential event on the astral but translating that event into a manifestation within physical time could be way off.

Peace
Old 08-12-2021, 07:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Or perhaps time does exist "over there" in the sense of a sequential occurrence of events, but whatever time does exist bears no relation to Earthly time.

For example, someone may seem to spend a long time "over there" and then they are told that their funeral is about to happen on Earth, just one week after their passing.

So if someone reincarnates fifty years after their last incarnation ended, their actual experience between incarnations might seem much longer.
Over on my other website ALF I've argued a point similar to the one in the first sentence. BUT if time isn't linear (as has been taught) can there be a sequence of events? I ask the question rather than posit the point because I simply can not get my imagination around non-sequential events so I just don't have a clue what the latter would mean in practice.

As for the examples in the second and third paragraphs wouldn't it be just as conceivable that discarnates might find the reverse of what you suggest? Might it seem to newly arrived discarnates that they've been 'there' for hardly any time when something important to them on earth occurs? Their awareness of important events occurring in definable sequence in Earth time seeming to be soon after arrival?

I do often wonder if the concept of time completely disappears 'over there' until we try to relate, perhaps if we choose to remain or occasionally draw close to, conditions in this physical dimension?

I find it fascinating to contemplate how 'the passing of time' might feel to us as discarnates while accepting individual awareness of this situation may be as variable as it is in this dimension. At one end of the spectrum some scarcely register the situation and at the other end others accutely aware of changes.

It won't be that long for me to wait before I find out first-hand. But I won't then be able to let anyone know about what I find!
Old 08-12-2021, 08:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

This discrepancy between non-physical time and physical time may explain why so many future events seen with astral vision fail to manifest as predicted (for example, the visions of Edgar Cayce). Someone might see a potential event on the astral but translating that event into a manifestation within physical time could be way off.

Peace

It's an interesting discussion and I've often debated the reasons sensitives, psychics seers and the like get so much wrong.

I have always maintained that there in no such thing as 'THE future' only that there are many potential futures and if that's the case getting things wrong is inevitable - perhaps getting most things or everything wrong is more likely than getting anything right!
Old 23-01-2022, 08:34 PM
Master
Probably maximum 100 years in suspended animation… 20 years minimum…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)