Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-12-2021, 09:42 PM
Master
I wasn`t born with any abilities. I wasn`t interested in religion or the occult. I loved martial arts. After practicing on and off for over 15 years, I came across a style of kung fu. the teacher also, as a part of the system, in fact embedded in it, taught meditation. Knowing already that Shaolin monks were monks first and martial artists second, I had always wanted to experience the full spectrum of martial arts, that is, the spiritual side as well as the physical and mental. This style wasn`t shaolin, but was based on it and used martial arts as a platform from which to learn spirituality. So I joined.

I started practicing the meditation they taught, which was essentially vipassna; breathing meditation, watching the breath at Tan tien, a point below the belly button and 2 inches in to it. I began with ten minutes meditation each day, and suprisingly I stuck with it, slowly over a few months growing the time of meditation up to around half an hour. Initially , I got simple things like, my body getting very hot, then I had a lot of energy as well. tingling up my spine and between my hands, which were in a mudra (formal hand position) as I practiced.

Then one day, I began to get a sensation that initially I took as a head ache in my forehead, but it wasn`t quite a head ache. Over a few weeks the sensation grew and between my eyes at the third eye position I began to feel a few things. A pulse, which came and went in intensity as I practiced, then a throbbing. One day I sat down and meditated for over an hour and I got what I can only describe as a huge rush running up my spine and leaving me with the sensation of having a halo around my head, and for several minutes I was not just myself but everything in the room for a few feet around me. The throbbing in my third eye position did not stop after I stopped meditating and the pulsations became a part of my daily, non meditation, life. this was my first awakening.

I hope this is helpful for others practicing. I did feel some fear in the weeks before this happened, but my teacher re assured me all was fine and he was right.
The thing that helped me progress the most at this time was that I also became aware of a lady called mother Meera, who is an Avatar. I offered up my meditation to her before and after starting. It was during this offering that the above happened. I continue to this day to be under her and other avatars guidance.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:13 PM
Guide
Color

I will share a profound mystical experience, as best I can (since they are, by nature, ineffable).

It occurred spontaneously whilst I was in a natural setting, sitting peacefully and taking in the beautiful view. (I might add that I was sober, i.e. not on drugs!)

After a while I had a sudden, dramatic shift whereby I was spatially no longer in my body or ego. Words cannot truly convey the awesomeness of finding that I had dissolved and become one with everything..... I saw objective reality (outside the box) as one enormous symbolic mesh/net where everything was interconnected. It was a concept I had not entertained up to that point. (I had heard the phrase 'we're all one' but never grasped it's meaning.)

I'm not sure how long the experience lasted....maybe minutes. I became scared about not being able to return to my body and that severed the connection. I found I was back to my normal state.

It took some time to assimilate/process this experience but I gradually came to resonate with pantheism, notably identifying God with the universe (and not a personal God, which has never been convincing to me).