Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 15-04-2022, 02:10 AM
Experiencer
Maybe you can talk to your younger self

I've been learning about time recently (via experiences mainly) and I've come to realize that you actually can talk to your younger self. We all have memories. Easy enough to remember, feel yourself at a time in the past, and connect to yourself. Simple. But does it do anything? The past is kind of frozen right? All done.

But that's the thing. I'm not sure it is. Not anymore. In fact I know it isn't. From what time's shown me so far that's not how it works at all. And I've always had the impression that someone was watching out for me. In fact, I've always assumed that "someone" is a part of me I'm unaware of. Not for any good reason of course, that's just what it felt like. And now I find myself "on the other side" of that, connecting with my younger self, feeling what I felt, supporting me by being there with myself.

At the moment I know far too little about this time stuff to be sure of anything. All I know is when I "peek" at time my brain breaks. And when I deeply connect with myself in the past time starts to fall apart - quite literally. Which suggests to me something is happening.
Old 15-04-2022, 02:36 AM
Master

I don't understand what you're experiencing, but your post attracted my attention both because it talks about time, and because you wrote about your impression that "someone" was watching out for you.

Many times in my life I had similar impressions. It happened that I desired something to be a certain way, but it wasn't, which caused me pain. Later I learned that had it been as I desired, it would've been much worse for me. Somebody / something helped me in spite of my conscious desires and choices, pushing me on a better path for me.

Eventually I learned that it is my inner-self, the non-physical aspect of my personality, that using inner-senses has a better understanding of what is good for me / us, and a better perspective of the future probable events and connections.

Regarding the topic of your thread, I believe that you can't talk to yourself, but you can project and watch what was happening, or even immerse and relive what happened. You can also do it aware, like in a lucid dream, do it differently, and see what might've happened if you made other choices.

But, you can't talk to yourself, because you are only one awareness, one personality, as you can't talk to your dream self. You can't talk to your inner-self either, as your inner-self is you in a different state of focus.

Time is one of the coordinates of the hyperspace that physical reality is. You can, in altered states of consciousness project forward or backward in time.

The physical hyperspace, beyond the bidirectional time, and the 3D space, has a probability dimension. During your physical life you draw a path through this hyperspace, slaloming through probable realities.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-04-2022, 03:16 AM
Experiencer
@inavalan - Truth is, I don't understand what I've been experiencing either. That's part of the reason I can't talk about it. No words. But I will get there - eventually. Whether I'll be able to talk about it - that I don't know. I suspect not. I did run into this unattributed quote (on SF) and it describes time's weirdness better than anything I've come up with.

"in science all of time is happening all of the time, and all of time affects all of time all of the time."

Like I said - a real mind breaker.

Actually, when I was in my early 20's I started looking for a better way to make decisions in my life. Analyzing things and choosing the best path intellectually wasn't working. In fact, it was consistently terrible. So I looked for a better way to choose, and tried "signs & omens". I quickly found it worked really well. I didn't even have to set anything up. I'd see something and I'd just know. Since the "something" that I saw (the sign) wasn't necessary I ditched it and simply felt for the correct choice inside. And since I was looking inside for the answers I figured it was me providing them.

Honestly, I've no idea if "talking to your younger self" can actually do anything, but I am enjoying it. At the very least spending time with my younger self helps me find deeply hidden feelings I can release. Hopefully, as I get better at dealing with time's weirdness I'll find the answers to some other questions I've got as well. To me, it's an amazing adventure exploring this stuff, so I shared it here.

Last edited by Justin Passing : 15-04-2022 at 04:04 AM.
Old 15-04-2022, 06:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
@inavalan - Truth is, I don't understand what I've been experiencing either. That's part of the reason I can't talk about it. No words. But I will get there - eventually. Whether I'll be able to talk about it - that I don't know. I suspect not.
Thank you for detailing your feelings about it. I believe you're on the right path.

The "time is simultaneous" is a phrase many people repeat, content not to understand what it means.

The physical-time is a dimension of the physical-hyperspace, that is the framework we incarnate to learn whatever we need to. The other two hyper-dimensions are the 3D-space, and the probability dimension (a.k.a. the 4th dimension). Physical-time dimension is bi-directional, meaning that every choice we make propagates in the physical-hyperspace both toward the future and toward the past.

When we incarnate, we choose any point in the physical-hyperspace that best fits our needs to learn. This means not only that we choose where to incarnate in the 3D-space, but also when in the chronological-time, and in what probable reality. From there, we start making choices and draw our individual life-line, through space, time, and probabilities.

In my opinion, and experience, the best way is to establish good contacts with your subconscious, you intuition, and your guidance. You have to firstly learn to contact your subconscious, in order to get in the optimum state to access your guidance. From guidance you learn, and in time you train your intuition, which for most people is undeveloped.

We can project, and look into the probable past and probable future. But, in my opinion, the most important is to focus in the present, and intuitively make the best choices, focusing on an intention. Your motivation and emotions will influence your choice. Fear, anger are detrimental. Confidence is favorable.

That's how I understand these things, but my advice is to learn to get guidance from your inner-guide.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 16-04-2022 at 12:00 AM. Reason: 3 sentences tops when quoting, still! :) Place post # if it helps.
Old 15-04-2022, 08:25 AM
Experiencer
@inavalan - When you lay it all out like that it makes sense. It fits with our normal waking/living experience of time as something that flows, with us stuck to the now point. In this other "space" I'm experiencing time is completely different. It doesn't flow at all. Now is past/present/future all-in-one. It's constantly moving/changing yet perfectly still. In fact, everything there seems like paradoxes. I only get glimpses of it awake however. My mind can't take it in, and I bounce out. If I "stand outside and stare at it" I can't talk. I mean physically - I can't. Can't even think with words. If I back off a little I can talk again, but I contradict everything I say and don't make any sense. So I call it the land of Zen Koans as a little private joke.

I wouldn't even bring up the time stuff but I've been running into it exploring my memories. When I connect deeply with past versions of myself, feeling what I felt, remembering what I remembered then, the Zen Koan talk starts appearing. That tells me I'm close - time's beginning to fall apart - but I've no idea why or what it all means. I'm just a lone explorer, finding my way. Eventually I got "told" to back off for a while, so I did and ended up here on SF.

And I do indeed let my "inner-guides" lead me. I'd be lost without them.

Thanks so much for talking with me about this. I really appreciate it. I find it fascinating and desperately want to share my experiences. Only problem is it's so hard to talk about something that makes no sense. I think it's my need to understand - to make sense of things - that's blocking me - so I just need to shut that off. I can do that sleeping, but not awake, so I'm working on that.
Old 15-04-2022, 09:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
@inavalan - When you lay it all out like that it makes sense. It fits with our normal waking/living experience of time as something that flows, with us stuck to the now point. In this other "space" I'm experiencing time is completely different. It doesn't flow at all.
I believe that trying to intellectually make sense of everything distorts the knowledge we directly, or intuitively get, and that holds us back and confuses us.

We don't have enough information to make a good judgement about the wider reality, our intellect is still rudimentary, and we usually filter everything through our beliefs. Intentionally putting your beliefs aside when you try to get spiritual knowledge is paramount, in my opinion.

The way I understand it, this process is progressive rather than cumulative. I mean by this that we perceive a vague image of the reality, that as we progress gets clearer and clearer, dispels some confusions, unveils new details. It isn't cumulative because you don't get a corner of the picture clearly, then more and more of it.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 15-04-2022 at 11:58 PM. Reason: 3 sentences tops when quoting, still! :)
Old 16-04-2022, 08:18 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The way I understand it, this process is progressive rather than cumulative. I mean by this that we perceive a vague image of the reality, that as we progress gets clearer and clearer, dispels some confusions, unveils new details. It isn't cumulative because you don't get a corner of the picture clearly, then more and more of it.
Nicely put! I like that. My process is progressive rather than cumulative. And honestly, things rarely get totally clear, at least as far as understanding stuff goes. Making sense of things is fun, but I'm nearly always wrong, which is totally fine. In the end, my (mis)understanding of things doesn't matter at all. I'm just experiencing things - finding my way - living my life. And for some reason when I stumble on amazing things I want to share my experiences with others. Not to brag, or even get answers, but because it's neat. Maybe they've experienced something similar they want to share, which might illuminate new insights into my own experiences.

Ultimately I don't have the "tools" I'd need to pursue "the truth" of things. And despite my best efforts to "stretch" it, my mind still has some serious limitations. But that's ok too. I'm still finding cool things. I'm still having fun exploring. And my world still loves me. So it's all good.
Old 20-04-2022, 05:19 AM
Master
It would be nice if I could truly talk to my younger self

We would have a conversation about the nature of my life purpose, about breaking away from bad karmic ties earlier, resourcefulness in listening to the inner voice and perhaps mindfulness to prevent certain skin issues that could pop up later
Old 20-04-2022, 05:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz
It would be nice if I could truly talk to my younger self

We would have a conversation about the nature of my life purpose, about breaking away from bad karmic ties earlier, resourcefulness in listening to the inner voice and perhaps mindfulness to prevent certain skin issues that could pop up later

It is probably much more doable to focus on what you want now, like healing or greatly ameliorating your current skin conditions.

Any change you'd do to the past would have unforeseeable and undesirable consequences propagate through time.

========
EDIT
It is kind of like the butterfly effect.

Last edited by inavalan : 20-04-2022 at 06:12 AM.
Old 20-04-2022, 09:41 AM
Master
About the skin, nothing serious, I just got paranoid over hives once lol

It's just a fun thing to speculate and also to reflect on self growth if I already know what I could've said to my younger self

But yes there is the issue of the butterfly effect