Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' but know this, there was a time and a place for those "laws".

Sorry but there is NEVER a time or place for violence even if you think there was.

Where is the time and place for this ?

' Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks '

One verse amongst thousands that are abhorrent .

I was not talking about the violence.. I was referring to those "laws" that don't make sense... that a man that had his... crushed should not be welcomed... and so on. I gave my opinion about those violent parts of the Bible, I don't focus on them.

You always get a wrong idea about my messages, it's quite funny :))
Old 31-10-2019, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I was not talking about the violence.. I was referring to those "laws" that don't make sense... that a man that had his... crushed should not be welcomed... and so on. I gave my opinion about those violent parts of the Bible, I don't focus on them.

You always get a wrong idea about my messages, it's quite funny :))

I know exactly what you meant, it's written in your Post

The Laws which you said had ' A time and place ' are Violent/Cruel and have no place at no time....
Old 31-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Master

Quote:
I know exactly what you meant, it's written in your Post

The Laws which you said had ' A time and place ' are Violent/Cruel and have no place at no time....

You see what you want to see, that's not all people do? We see and hear what we want in order for us to enforce our convictions upon a certain thing that we believe as being true or false.

The violence that you talk about has been long gone, the violence in christianity, created by man, has also been long gone, if you are so eager to disapprove religion, you should focus on the muslim religion, which is the actual cancer for humanity.

If week keep clinging to the past, we will not be present here and now where the actual things are happening.

I know that the Creator is pure love and this is all I need to know, to me, the violence in the Bible is inexplicable and I am not focusing on it.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:38 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I could address this account...............
but with some having acrimony toward Judaism and Christianity, I prefer relating a modern day account.

I live in one city and another city exist within that city.

One time, that other city was a fun place for some people and for other people, was a place to avoid. The city got over run with people some claim were really nice people whereas others claimed they were drug dealers, prostitutes, etc. Things got so bad, that instead of somebody getting shot over the weekend, it escalated to somebody or somebodies getting killed.

One day I turned on the TV which claimed multiple police agencies were involved in 'cleaning' up that city. I found that hard to believe so I went and looked for myself. There were police on foot, on bicycles, on motorcycles, in cars, in SUVs and a helicopter in the air. The police were from both cities, the county, the State and probably from the Border Patrol.
Each block in that city had at least 1 person being questioned.

Since then, murders in that city are almost non-existent. Rarely do you see a prostitute soliciting
on the streets or somebody selling drugs on the street any more.

Some people claim what happened to that city was terrible whereas others claim is was about time.

Your story makes perfect sense to me.

I think Lot's wife being turned to a pillar of salt has meaning that I cannot see because
it must have a regional meaning from around the Dead sea or from that time period or something.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Master
Quote:
You see what you want to see, that's not all people do? We see and hear what we want in order for us to enforce our convictions upon a certain thing that we believe as being true or false.

The violence that you talk about has been long gone, the violence in christianity, created by man, has also been long gone, if you are so eager to disapprove religion, you should focus on the muslim religion, which is the actual cancer for humanity.

If week keep clinging to the past, we will not be present here and now where the actual things are happening.

I know that the Creator is pure love and this is all I need to know, to me, the violence in the Bible is inexplicable and I am not focusing on it.

Some of the violence from the past has not gone, that's the problem you see. It's sometimes lurking under the surface. I don't focus on it personally but I feel sad for some who do and have to through their upbringing / education / families etc:.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Some of the violence from the past has not gone, that's the problem you see. It's sometimes lurking under the surface. I don't focus on it personally but I feel sad for some who do and have to through their upbringing / education / families etc:.

I understand you and I know that you are talking from your own experience and that you do not want others to experience something like this.Forcing religion on people is bad, forcing religion on children is even worse...
Old 31-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Your story makes perfect sense to me.

I think Lot's wife being turned to a pillar of salt has meaning that I cannot see because
it must have a regional meaning from around the Dead sea or from that time period or something.
In the example I gave, if some 'innocent' people where on the street when this happened, is it possible some of the 'innocent' would have been detained and possibly arrested?

As for Lot's wife, her heart exposed her to who she really was: She looked back.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
I understand you and I know that you are talking from your own experience and that you do not want others to experience something like this.Forcing religion on people is bad, forcing religion on children is even worse...

No TM I am definitely not referring to my personal experiences
Old 31-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Are you confusing violence with rules and/or how Christian faiths interact with various governments?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-10-2019, 03:46 PM
ImthatIm

Here is a quote from the Midrash that puts a better light on it.

Quote:
When G‑d sent two angels, disguised as men, to destroy Sodom,3 Lot invited them to his home and served them food.4 His wife Adit,5 a native Sodomite6, disapproved of his actions.7

Lot asked his wife for salt for the guests and she replied, "Also this evil custom you wish to introduce into this place?” She had no salt in the house and went from door to door asking neighbors for salt for her husband's guests, letting everyone know that Lot had ignored the laws of the city by inviting strangers.8 A short time later, a mob gathered at Lot's door, demanding that he give up his guests to be mistreated.9

Also the Midrash states: "She sinned with salt, and she was punished with salt."
Closed Thread