Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 24-04-2023, 05:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
The big reason for salt in the winter is to melt the ice. Here in the winter months before a storm they treat the roads with some type of salt brine, a mix of salt and water. During a snow storm, they salt the roads to prevent it from icing up. Because people don't want to drive on snow, after the storm they'll put down that brine again. Where I live we get weekly snow falls. Maybe not big storms but enough for them to start them salting. That's not mentioning all the salt people add to there driveways and walkways.
To be fair you get such a lot more snow over there than we do here.
I suppose they are trying their best to assist the safety of motorists and pedestrians.
Old 24-04-2023, 05:28 AM
Master

Hi Native, post #20.
It might be different in Wales than England, but we were told we couldn't grit outside our house, at work, work car parks etc in case anyone slipped and hurt themselves and put a claim in.
I can't see the sense or logic myself.
You are correct about the grit bins. There used to be a communal one at the end of every street .
Old 24-04-2023, 11:23 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker
My local library had a fair for earth day. 🏃‍♀️ My walking group held a 5k walk around the town, I feel good that I went on the walk.
Trees & plants were passed out for people to plant.🌱
Water company had a booth💦
Tacos were sold🤩🌮
Old 24-04-2023, 11:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstone8
My local library had a fair for earth day. 🏃‍♀️ My walking group held a 5k walk around the town, I feel good that I went on the walk.
Trees & plants were passed out for people to plant.🌱
Water company had a booth💦
Tacos were sold🤩🌮
That's lovely .
And in all honesty it just makes for a great day out !
Old 28-04-2023, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
To be fair you get such a lot more snow over there than we do here.
I suppose they are trying their best to assist the safety of motorists and pedestrians.
yes, they do. But it does go back to the original post, how much do people really care about the environment. Risk falling on the ice or risk damaging an ecosystem? There's other options that work just as well and doesn't damage anything like sand.
Old 28-04-2023, 10:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
yes, they do. But it does go back to the original post, how much do people really care about the environment. Risk falling on the ice or risk damaging an ecosystem? There's other options that work just as well and doesn't damage anything like sand.
You know Hal... I invested in some spiked "soles " clipped underneath your outdoor shoes/ boots.
I got them from the pound shop because my bus/ walk to work in winter, on ice was a nightmare. I was terrified of falling and hurting myself.
They were Amazing !!!!!
All of a sudden I could walk "normally" on the ice and felt confident.
Sometimes it doesn't take much to use common sense and not spend a fortune !
Old 15-05-2023, 06:07 AM
Master

I have been alarmed recently at how many whales are being washed up on our beaches. I know it has always happened periodically, but it's seems more commonplace now. And this is just in my local area.
Another one last week. A whole pod of 10 were washed up and perished about 18 months ago .
It really is very sad to witness.
Plus, while we are on the subject , why are "orcas" referred to as "killer whales" ?
Yes I know they kill ( for food) as do many animals in the wild.
Sharks are more inclined to kill humans but they are not referred to as "killer sharks" , just "great whites" etc.
Lions kill. But they are just called lions, not "killer lions".
This is just one of those things that gets on my nerves. Orcas are beautiful creatures and have the most caring of natures in their environment and within their own family / community pods. They love, and they grieve like we do.