Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 13-04-2023, 10:24 AM
Master

Earth day....

Global earth day on 22nd April .
Old 18-04-2023, 06:18 AM
Master

...we've got the whole world in our hands, we've got the whole wide world in our hands, we've got the whole world in our hands...
Even if it's only picking up a bit of rubbish on your way to work.
Old 18-04-2023, 06:25 AM
Master

Do you live near enough to your work that you could go on public transport/ cycle / walk ???...... Just got one day ??
If you did it once you would make a contribution , but if you did it just once you might make a decision to do it again, and then maybe once a month etc.
It all counts.
Old 18-04-2023, 06:38 AM
Master

...little changes by many make a collective big step.
We never had anything open on a Sunday in the "olden days!".
Save for the newsagents for a couple of hours for the papers , everything was closed.
They became "family days" . I know in this modern world it might not be fair to close everything on Sunday anymore because of all the workers that can only do things on a weekend, so I would like to put forward that Wednesday becomes the new Sunday and nothing is open ( shops etc I'm talking about )..... Yes, I know Tuesday and Thursday might be "busier" but there would be a marked noticeable difference in emmissions, fuel consumption, and noise pollution on that day.
After that we can progress to 2 days off a week from it all..
Old 18-04-2023, 06:47 AM
Master

....car share . You live near someone at your work and you both go by car ?
Doesn't make sense. It's crazy . Take it in turns on a weekly basis to pick each other up .

" The future of our planet is in our hands , we got the whole world in our hands "
Old 18-04-2023, 06:49 AM
Master

... and spread the word amongst you work colleagues.
If you can't do it yourself try to others to see sense !
Old 18-04-2023, 06:53 AM
Master

Make more of an effort to re-cycle.
People are lazy.
In fact why buy pre-packed sandwiches??????
Make your own ...
Again... Laziness .

COME ON EVERYONE.
EARTH DAY ON THE 22ND ..... LETS ALL BE PART OF IT.
Old 18-04-2023, 07:20 AM
Master

Don't be swayed by "false economy "...
I've seen people buying 6 plastic measuring jugs at a time because they are "cheap"... 40p each?..... But they don't last long, don't wash well , and end up in the shed to do dirty jobs with
These jugs are re-placed probably every 6 months or so .
So why not just invest in a glass one that costs about £3 and will last years???
( Just don't drop it on your foot and break your toe like I did !)
Old 20-04-2023, 09:28 AM
Master

Here it's a beach comb for rubbish. People come out "en-masse" , but to be honest we have a very very clean beach here. People in general are respectful . Our little place is very clean. No litter on the streets etc , but go a bit further towards the city and the nearer you get the worse the rubbish .
The hedgerows are full of rubbish but the bins are empty .
A sad sorry state of affairs and absolutely needless .
Old 20-04-2023, 12:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Global earth day on 22nd April .
shouldn't everyday be earth day? But how many people truly care about the earth? This thought came to me when I saw one of my step daughters paper water carton in my fridge. It's a great Idea if you want help get rid of plastics, correct. My wife and step daughter both drink bottled water. I hate it, but what can I really do. I talk all the time how i hate plastic bottles and so on, that never makes a difference. This paper carton of water still sits in the fridge weeks later. I even see web pages advertising compostable easily obtainable single use plastics. So with better options then the traditional plastics why isn't anybody changing there lifestyle just a little bit? Is it just the image of being a "tree hugger" more important than actually changing what is convenient?