Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 24-03-2023, 04:26 PM
Master
ChatGTP

Anyone else experimenting with it?

It's an AI language model that allows you to ask questions. You can put in multiple words or thoughts and it will look if and how these things are related. It's quite fun in that it quickly generates a lot of information.

I heard that kids have been using it for school and it's causing quite an issue as it means they are not using their own skills to search, to find if something is true, or write an essay. Still, it might be interesting to see where and how it will help people.

It doesn't seem to write down its sources, but I suppose it's linked to various sources that are deemed respectable by its creators.

I was asking about chakras and stuff, and it gave me tons of information. You can even ask about this place but it is limited in what it knows. I asked if it knew about specific topics here. It didn't, but did gave a reply with possible topic examples that were quite similar to what is discussed here, but that is within reason IMO.

Here's how it works:

'' As an AI language model, my training data comes from a variety of sources, including text documents, websites, books, and other sources of written language. My training data is designed to reflect the breadth and depth of human knowledge and language, and includes a wide range of topics and perspectives.

When I provide information about spiritualforums.com or any other website, I am drawing on my training data and knowledge of the relevant topic to provide a response. However, it's important to note that my responses are generated algorithmically based on patterns and associations in my training data, and may not always be accurate or complete.

It's also worth noting that my responses are not based on direct access to the website or its data, but rather on my training data and knowledge of the topic. While I strive to provide accurate and helpful information, my responses may not always be up-to-date or reflect the current state of the website or its community.
''
Old 24-03-2023, 04:44 PM
Master
It would be a good experiment to let it join a forum like SF,perhaps you could type some of the questions into it that are posed on varios threads and then post the bots reply and perhaps generate further feedback for you to put to it.
Old 24-03-2023, 04:55 PM
Master
It can't as it's an AI language model.

I'm loving the answers, and how quick it responds to follow up questions (as well as linking it with previous questions / words... which I didn't have to write down again!). This works better than Google...

But it would be nice if it could source all its information. I guess until then it's useful to combine it with Google.
Old 24-03-2023, 05:06 PM
Experiencer

I've given it a try but have no special need for ChatGPT.

Maybe it will come into its own when used routinely in complementing search engines leading to more user-friendly answers instead of (frequently) pages of unhelpful and/or irrelevant details.
Old 24-03-2023, 05:07 PM
Master
Not sure why Altair as my cheap phone can convert text to language.
Old 24-03-2023, 05:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
Maybe it will come into its own when used routinely in complementing search engines leading to more user-friendly answers instead of (frequently) pages of unhelpful and/or irrelevant details.

Certainly!
Old 24-03-2023, 05:12 PM
Master

My friend was telling me about a guy who knew nothing about computer programming and he used one of those AI programs to write the code for phone aps which he then sold.
Old 24-03-2023, 06:00 PM
Master
Even within the same chat, if I post one word it will link it with the topic despite that word also meaning other things.

Anyways, getting a tailored reply in a well formulated and logical structure within the span of a few seconds is pretty amazing.
Old 24-03-2023, 06:07 PM
Master
You will know what I mean though if say I post a question,so you can explain it to it.eg 'what is the best method to get a chatbot to unerstand exactly what a questioner means?(there's a thread for building your own computer,it should be of use for that)-
Old 24-03-2023, 06:07 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
My friend was telling me about a guy who knew nothing about computer programming and he used one of those AI programs to write the code for phone aps which he then sold.
lol I'm the opposite kind, I've coded plenty of things that are very valuable but I've never marketed them.
I've made plenty of people rich though !

I've experimented with ChatGPT indeed, it's just "filling the gaps" and predicting the next words with context. It's very convincing though, but it also outputs wrong information.

Regarding spirituality, it usually doesn't go beyond the scientific consensus. But I'm sure some people could made it talk "as if it was enlightened", because I've seen an increase of allegedly awakened / enlightened bots on other platforms.

But anyways, bots writing text have already re-written the internet, we have already entered in this new era !