Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 04-03-2022, 06:36 AM
Seeker
out of the mud

somehow we managed to crawl out of the mud. the mud was there, and we crawled out of it. we made an effort. we struggled. we survived. we are here now, standing on our feet. being aware of the magic and the mystery. we don't know what it is all about, or what even our struggle was all about.
we should be proud what we have achieved. it took us several billion years to get here, but here we are. and the struggle continues.
we learn and we pass on our learning through our genes, our discussions, our actions. we pass it on.
you may have seen the movie "Lucy" with morgan freeman and scarlet johansson, where she takes a super drug and becomes super-conscious. she asks morgan what she should do with all this knowledge she now has, and he says that as every cell passes on its knowledge, so she should find a way to pass on her super-knowledge. and that is what she did.
and that is what we are doing as living beings. learn and pass on.
we do that here on this forum. we may call it sharing, but it is really a passing on of our knowledge and experiences so that the combined human organism can advance, progress, and continue to exist.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:25 AM
Lucy might be my favorite movie!! A must see! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-03-2022, 02:49 PM
Knower
I like the poetry and the inspiration in your words

I would say we're still pretty much wading in mud, though, plus we are still covered in it. I sincerely hope humanity will do much better than that.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnaCK
being aware of the magic and the mystery

I wish I could always be aware of that.
Old 10-03-2022, 01:55 AM
Seeker
[quote=SilentDrum]I like the poetry and the inspiration in your words

thank you for your kind words. i needed them so i could find my way back into my poems. greatly appreciative!

from mud to clarity.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:41 AM
Seeker
In-spiration
Comes from the spirit
That is everywhere
And in everyone
And in everything that is
And in everything that is not.
It comes out of nowhere
When least expected
And catches you while you’re asleep
At the wheel of the car of your life
And jolts you and wakes you up
And gives you a new direction,
A new purpose for being,
Opening a new chapter
Full of excitement and promises,
Of hope and new beginnings
Or so the future whispers.
Listening with the one good ear,
The other is attuned to worldly chores.
Listening to the heavenly sounds
Coming from the depths of the divine abyss
Where all begins and where all fails.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:34 AM
Master
Nice OP. It's very broad encompassing the universe's billions of years against out momentary lives, and if I might expand the temporal span into spacial dimensions, our infinitesimal size in the universe.This perspective diminishes self-importance. Like a one lost cell makes no difference to the body, our lives are an irrelevant flash in the pan against universal scales. We are led by this to at least hope there is more, that there are souls, a God, or a universal consciousness, and even a super-consciousness, compared to which, even the universe as a whole is disappearingly minuscule.

As self-aware beings, we must assume more to life than mere functions of physics. The idea that a body is born, consciousness emerges therefrom, then it dies and there's nothing, is exactly the same in principle as saying the universe is all there is. There are those that hold this to be true, but beyond the confines of reason, in the depths of their being, I dare say that the hope for infinity remains a insurmountable instinct.

The history of mankind and its production of knowledge is only a micro-second of natural history, but due to the power inherent to knowing, and how we cling to the known, we narrow the scope of possibility, and from that confined perspective, produce theoretical expansions of quantum fields, of universes, then multiverses, without realising this expression stems from a hope for infinity that is simultaneously being denied.

The human mind reaches for infinity in one way or another. Through self-awareness we know the limits of our own minds and the incompleteness of knowledge, and are therefore inevitably consumed by something compared to which the mind itself is vanishing.

Last edited by Gem : 10-03-2022 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:42 AM
Seeker
gem, you eloquently rephrased my poem. i enjoyed it very much. thank you.