Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 13-06-2023, 03:59 AM
Seeker

Advice on how to be free of what you don’t want?

Does anyone have any advice or resources on the subject of how to get free
of a situation you don’t want? Have you successfully done it yourself?
Old 13-06-2023, 10:42 AM
Resources...

Abraham - Hicks speaks on this so much, over an over.
I don't think I can say it better than them. Browse thru the Quotes of Abraham
and you will find many clear sentences.
Start now with imagining, with a smile --what it would be like without this 'thing';
having what you DO want.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-06-2023, 01:03 PM
Master

Decide what YOU DO WANT and focus on that continually, day after day. See it, feel it, know it.

Do not spend one minute of your time on what you don’t want because you will get more of it.

This has always worked for me.
Old 14-06-2023, 03:40 AM
Seeker

This is the advice I need to hear over and over, thank you!

[edit: bad story redacted, because we don’t need to think about that]

Walter Lanyon said it’s like if you were doing a math problem and came up with a wrong answer. You wouldn’t think mathematics was wrong, rather you would go back to what you were learning and try to better understand it. That’s me right now. I want to, as Neville says, “buy the pearl”, but I can see that I need a better understanding.

Now, to read that Abraham-Hicks thread…

Last edited by Madhuri : 14-06-2023 at 06:15 AM.
Old 14-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhuri
This is the advice I need to hear over and over, thank you!
We all do! Over and over....inspiration is food for our soul.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-06-2023, 04:44 AM
Seeker

I’m glad I asked this question here, because I hadn’t noticed how much I had lost touch with what I really want, in all my reacting.

What do you do if things start to seem not quite as you had hoped? Is it a matter of going within and imagining the ideal version again?
Old 16-06-2023, 01:57 PM
Quote:
What do you do if things start to seem not quite as you had hoped?
Is it a matter of going within and imagining the ideal version again?
Interesting question, that I never thought much about.

Example: While on the ladder why did I hit my thumb with the hammer?
It was NOT what I would have wanted!
Or why have I dropped the screwdriver 3 times! So I have to go down and get the darn thing? - I do laugh at it a lot! It's so stupid!

(I fix small things myself rather than search for someone that will take 2 weeks to come over!)

But this could be applied to relationships, a job, looking for an ideal home...whatever.
Why is this not working out?

First, I look at it as comical...then think what am I supposed to be learning here!
What am I doing wrong...and change it.

I think by dropping the screwdriver, not getting the job...I am being taught BE MORE AWARE...
Why? Because I'm loved and I could fall and REALLY hurt myself.
Or a better job is waiting for me ...I was not supposed to get that job.
(I'm making this up I'm retired.)

Be more aware of the 'whys'...the Bigger Picture. Learn, flow, change...
and a diff result happens.
Works for me, anyway.

Old 17-06-2023, 08:22 PM
Seeker

I’m thinking maybe the ‘why’ is that I still don’t have solid faith. And if this situation isn’t teaching me to abandon the belief that I have to use action to change things, I don’t know what it is. I can see that I’m not behaving like I believe I am loved. I still feel afraid to let go and trust, but that might be because I’m not sure I have a good understanding of what I’m supposed to be doing.

You might be the only person I know who really believes in this stuff.

I’m in one of those situations that makes people say, “there’s nothing you can do”, but I utterly refuse to accept that.
Old 17-06-2023, 10:39 PM
Quote:
...I’m in one of those situations that makes people say, “there’s nothing you can do”, but I utterly refuse to accept that.
You go girl!!

You are right, tho, about faith - this is what I know that I have experienced: ONE sliver (ha, you could say mustard seed),
1 sliver of doubt and the thing won't happen. I've been at this since about 1974 or 5, consciously.
Way before the phrase LOA was coined.
Only 1 thing did not come about in decades...and I do understand the circumstances why it didn't...other forces were involved...
so LOA actually did work ---but,
in the opposite I intended for the healing of a person.

Old 18-06-2023, 12:29 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
...other forces were involved...
Is that something like having other people work against your goal?

Neville said it’s the doubt that will make us insane, and I think he’s right. If I could hold my mind on the heavenly ideal and never think anything is too good to be true, I would, outwardly, have dignity and poise instead of all this worrying. I actually don’t know if it would cause miraculous solutions, because I’m still too hypnotised by the world of senses to try it for more than a few moments at a time. But at least I’m forcing myself to study instead of worry, that’s got to be a better direction to send my thoughts.