Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-12-2020, 03:42 AM
Newbie ;)

When you have suffered.

When you've had a period of suffering, that you are trying to overcome, have you catched yourself, that deeply, you also enjoy playing this whole "game" ?

I don't know if this is something that has logic in it or is something, that shouldn't be like this.

Namaste.
Old 26-12-2020, 02:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quodsi
When you've had a period of suffering, that you are trying to overcome, have you catched yourself, that deeply, you also enjoy playing this whole "game" ?

I don't know if this is something that has logic in it or is something, that shouldn't be like this.

Namaste.
Definitely have had both feelings, the latter feeling, based on experience. All know the experience, right. Notice one view is now (present) and one now (present) but seen differently. We call one the past btw. The only way to see? This logic mentioned is the basis of both and it takes logic to move from one to the other...or to remain where one is.
Old 27-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Master
There are people who enjoy suffering, known as masochists. Many of them pay people to punish them. There are also people who have a secret death wish, not something they consciously acknowledge, but they keep making themselves a target. Putting themselves in high risk situations. Some people feel more alive when they are suffering while others feel more alive when they are not suffering.

If a person can catch themselves, and realize that the game is how long you intend on suffering over your suffering. Hard to let go until you realize how long you stay there is up to you. In my opinion it has little to do with logic, and more so about impulses, and also learning the nature you may have currently embrace. Suffering is painful, and the pain comes from holding on to the suffering. The game if you will. The joy of suffering is when it is released, the relief feels better than if we had not suffered. There is and appreciation, a gratefulness, afterwards.
Old 27-12-2020, 05:11 PM
Seeker

Quote:

Namaste.

I have heard that from some people but my own experience is that I am still identified with my own sufferring and not enjoying it at all, there's a lot of work for me to do before I can appreciate it's value to be honest.
Old 28-12-2020, 08:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus
I have heard that from some people but my own experience is that I am still identified with my own sufferring and not enjoying it at all, there's a lot of work for me to do before I can appreciate it's value to be honest.

Maybe it is not a question of enjoying the suffering, but more about having the detachment to step back and observe all the ups and downs of life with amused interest.

So we recognise that we are actors in a tragi-comic drama and we play our parts without really knowing what will happen next, but it is all interesting and sometimes surprising. And we know that there will come a scene where we make our final exit. The play will continue without us, and we can go home for a good rest before returning in our next starring role.

Peace
Old 28-12-2020, 08:43 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Namaste.

It’s quite the kanard! I do have a sense that it is “I” that is voluntarily participating in this whole “game”. I can’t say I have a sense that I deeply enjoy it. Although there are times when one scores a goal, and that is deeply satisfying and enjoyable. I am certainly aggravated by the feeling that “things shouldn't be like this” and that I should seek to change them. Yet I am aware that should things become as I think they should, then I would see they are not as I thought they would be, and probably even worse than they were. Paradoxically, I also hold the belief that things are exactly how they need to be, for me at least, while all the while feeling like they need to be fixed. It is a muddled mess it is! A perfect muddled mess.
Old 28-12-2020, 11:34 PM
Master
Quote:

Namaste.

I’m in a place where my balance tells me ‘I’m not my suffering’ so I’m not playing games with myself now.

Once your aware in this way you stop the game fast.

It makes sense that until you overcome emotional containment, you can’t stop playing the game. The mind and emotions will rule the roost.
Old 29-12-2020, 01:04 AM
Master
At the time of suffering from trauma in my life I never realized at that time that this experience was a gift, through this experience I became who I am today. I believe that if these things never happened to me I wouldn't appreciate life as I do today.
Many of us take life for granted, until some tragedy happens, which turns our whole life upside down, many drown within this misery that they believe was caused by this experience, these people sadly never get over the experience, and they carry it through their whole life as a badge of honor.

then there are those who the traumatic experience transforms or kicks them into an awakening experience, an experience in which they truly realize that they are not the mind body organism, that all these experiences don't belong to them, they realize that they can go through life clinging to them always feeling like they deserve more, or they can simply let go.

Letting go of the past no matter how bad it was is the only solution for true happiness, of course we can never forget the past, but we can certainly not live in the past, we can only be here and NOW, that is where true happiness is found.