Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-10-2021, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The judgment is your own reaction creating fabrications of mind, and reaction perpetuates ego, so what you say is true, but in a different way.
Yes there are different way's to skin a Cat
Old 26-10-2021, 12:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
A sense of 'Self' is necessary to judge others, imo.
Sky123,
In order to judge/assess/diagnose others perhaps the mind is also necessary ? In addition to the ego ? Which plays the greater part ?
Old 26-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
I liked this post as well: Had to shorten it a lot to two sentences but the whole post was nice to me.
There's some amazing posts in the threads about ego.
Any way you could put the Post # and thread if it is so good?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-10-2021, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky123,
In order to judge/assess/diagnose others perhaps the mind is also necessary ? In addition to the ego ? Which plays the greater part ?
Can you separate them
Old 26-10-2021, 03:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Can you separate them
Sky123,

We can clarify. When we say “in my judgement” it really means “in my opinion”…..it is based on the facts that we know. It is different with God…..being omniscient God has no opinions…..He does not have to allow for later facts to come to his attention. Judgement in the biblical sense is passing judgement on others…..that is why we are warned to not judge others. For true justice to occur all the facts must be known and, as mortals, we are never in that position. We are subconsciously lazy…..we should remove “in my judgement from our speech in favor of “in my opinion” or “that is my belief”. And, by the way, the ego works to persuade us that we are omniscient……….:)
Old 26-10-2021, 04:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky123,
Judgement in the biblical sense is passing judgement on others…..that is why we are warned to not judge others.
Exactly and imo Jesus judged others, (their behaviour ).
Regarding that we are warned not to judge others..... I most definitely will judge other's (behaviour) if it helps someone else from being hurt or injured
Old 26-10-2021, 04:45 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Any way you could put the Post # and thread if it is so good?

It's in one of these threads I think. I was reading them for hours last night. I was jumping all over the place though as some people posted links to other threads and I just clicked on the links so was jumping from old thread to old thread!

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=137175
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=137442

Can one link to a specific post? I don't know how to do that. I just know how to link to a thread page.

Getting that link just now I found this: post #2 here:https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=137175

Quote:
Ego is a mental construct we use to describe the set of beliefs we hold about our selves, or who we perceive ourselves to be, it isn't real it doesn't exist...

Good stuff!

It's like a child that thinks a monster is living in their closet. That monster is not real, that monster does not exist. But the mental construct of it produces effects, experiences, actions. Like the child hears a random noise one night, maybe a cat outside, and so the child screams and runs into the parents room terrified. Maybe the child piled toys against the closet door before they went to bed to keep the monster in there while they slept.

The not real, what doesn't exist, creates experience. False mental constructs produce effects. Krishnamurti mentions one such false mental construct sometimes, "psychological time" which one could also call "becoming mind" as opposed to "being mind" or the actual and not imagined.

"as thought has built in the psyche, in ourselves; that is, 'what is' and 'what should be', a movement from here to there. Is there psychological time at all, or, it is actually an invention of thought?" Krishnamurti

https://jkrishnamurti.org/content/ps...ention-thought
Old 26-10-2021, 05:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Exactly and imo Jesus judged others, (their behaviour ).
Regarding that we are warned not to judge others..... I most definitely will judge other's (behaviour) if it helps someone else from being hurt or injured
I prefer the middle path...............

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 27-10-2021, 01:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I prefer the middle path...............
Didn't Buddha quote about "the middle path" after leaving aestheticism? Regarding abusing the body?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-10-2021, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
Can one link to a specific post?
1) click on post number
2) copy-paste link