Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-11-2020, 02:30 PM
Master
St.John Rigby. 1570-1600.

https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13055a.htm

I have had suspicions for a few Months but needed clarification, Documents etc: which I recieved today.
John is a distant Cousin many generations back, we are connected through my 10th Great Grandfather. While I am proud He stood up for His Faith I wonder could He have done more good staying silent and saving His life therefore being able to carry on His work within the Community of Roman Catholics forced into hiding.
I have mixed emotions that will need time to put to rest.......
Old 30-11-2020, 05:52 AM
Master
On October 16, 1902, 45 year old Ida Cradock took her life.

It just happens, she is one of several women that I admire.

As for me, I have read and re-read numerous times the letters she left behind which explain why she did what she did.

The more we get to know somebody, the more we can understand why they do the things they do. This probably will hold true with your distant relative.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-11-2020, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
On October 16, 1902, 45 year old Ida Cradock took her life.

It just happens, she is one of several women that I admire.

As for me, I have read and re-read numerous times the letters she left behind which explain why she did what she did.

The more we get to know somebody, the more we can understand why they do the things they do. This probably will hold true with your distant relative.

Because of the Virus Lockdown I can't go to the Church that holds a lot of John's Records, some of His Trial Statement's I can read but many have been lost over time.
To understand why He did what He did I need to put my emotions aside which takes time, understanding the Perpetrators is easier......
Old 30-11-2020, 03:43 PM
ImthatIm

sky123

Nice, hope your search goes well no matter what you find.
I am thinking he was a very interesting man.
Old 30-11-2020, 04:55 PM
Master
I think it's amazing that you can trace your lineage back over 400 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Because of the Virus Lockdown I can't go to the Church that holds a lot of John's Records, some of His Trial Statement's I can read but many have been lost over time.
To understand why He did what He did I need to put my emotions aside which takes time, understanding the Perpetrators is easier......

You're on an interesting quest!!
Old 30-11-2020, 05:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I think it's amazing that you can trace your lineage back over 400 years!

You're on an interesting quest!!

Thank you, I've traced them to the 1400s and it's been an ' Eye-opener '
Old 30-11-2020, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
sky123

Nice, hope your search goes well no matter what you find.
I am thinking he was a very interesting man.

Thanks, He was definitely a Brave Man and my quest is to try and understand Him better
I can read many Books written about Him but I prefer to read His own words.
Old 30-11-2020, 05:34 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Thanks, He was definitely a Brave Man and my quest is to try and understand Him better
I can read many Books written about Him but I prefer to read His own words.

I delved a bit into my own family tree.
I found some nuggets and then it all felt like such rabbit holes
leaving me wanting more information and just hitting dead ends.

I did however find a generational Granny that must have fled the potato famine
in Ireland. A ships manifest lead me to believe she traveled alone to Canada.
So I imagine she must have had some bravery and courage on top of some desperation. Go Grannies!!
Old 30-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Master
I had an ancestor who was an indentured servant. He lived in what is modern day Maryland and would go to Europe quite often. On the way back, he was an indentured servant. I suspect he was an indenture servant on the way to Europe. The reason I say this is that as an indentured servant, he was the Captain of the ship.

One time he came back as an indentured servant and brought back an indentured servant. When the ship landed, they went and got married.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-11-2020, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I delved a bit into my own family tree.
I found some nuggets and then it all felt like such rabbit holes
leaving me wanting more information and just hitting dead ends.

I did however find a generational Granny that must have fled the potato famine
in Ireland. A ships manifest lead me to believe she traveled alone to Canada.
So I imagine she must have had some bravery and courage on top of some desperation. Go Grannies!!

Yes your Gen Granny was brave to travel alone maybe the poor lady was alone and had lost Her Family to the Famine. Ireland certainly had a hard time and Roman Catholics ( Papists ) suffered even more, when Aid finally started to enter the Country it was seldom shared with Catholics. My Grt. Grandfather came here to escape the Hunger He was from Swords Dublin, do you know were your Ancestors are from ?

I started reading a book last month taken from eye witness accounts of survivors and documented for future Irish Descendents, it started off as interesting then as I got further into the middle times of the Famine I couldn't read it as the accounts made me feel physically sick, it was heartbreaking.

Let's hope your Gen Granny found much happiness in Her New Country... She deserved it.