Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 15-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Experiencer
Affirmations versus Letting go?

If I want to make something happen is it better to affirm it as often as possibe or just to form the wish in your mind and let it go?

How do you do it?

Cheers,
Flora

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 15-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Deactivated Account

Good question ~ I have no idea , my guess would be the affirmation as you are strengthening your request each time you affirm it.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 15-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Master

I do better with affirmations. They drop into your subconscious and become more effective.
Old 15-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Sybilline

I agree, affirmations is better I would say. :) If you form the wish and let it go, it stays a wish, forever...
Old 16-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
If you form the wish and let it go, it stays a wish, forever...
I meant quite the opposite. Letting the wish go, you forget about it and you will not take it back. and it realizes even faster that when using affirmations.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 20-06-2012, 01:26 AM
faith83

I remember watching a abraham hicks video not long ago where she said that it's better to put your desire to the universe and then let it go. She stated that it's better this way because when your constantly thinking and asking for something you're vibration is giving off the absence of it which can prolong the desire.

I'm not sure how good I explained it...apologizes. but if you go to youtube and search abraham hicks allowing there should be a couple of videos up there explaining this
Old 20-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Sybilline

I suppose it depends on what works better for you. I have read that if you think and say "I wish I had this", or "I want to lose weight", then the only vibration you're giving, is that you wish you had that, and that's exactly what the universe gives ----- you wish, you want. And yes, that does entail the absence of it, because if it is not absent, you will not want, nor wish.

Whereas if you say something like "I am ready to receive this", or "I am grateful for being abundant", or "I am of perfect weight", "I choose to be fit and healthy", something like that then you are giving the vibration that you already ARE, and as the NOW is the only real thing, then that will be so.

Now if we talk about psychology, it will be that you will imbed it in your subconcsious that you ARE, and this will drive your conscious mind, into working its way into that reality, so you won't even notice, that you are starting to eat healthier, you are starting to save, etc., because you have been linking that thought, and those words, into deed.
Old 22-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Experiencer
Well, I noticed that it works faster when I just form a wish in my mind and forget about it.
Trouble is you cannot that easily forget about issues that are very important right now.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 23-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Master

I agree with faith83. Abraham explains it very well. Get into the vortex and then do all your affirming. If you want to watch them speak on this subject (and it is one of their best video clips, I think) go to Abrham-hicks dot com and click on video clips and mouse over Law of Attraction - it is called the big one. One thing you have to know about their website, it's kinda crazy and starts talking all by itself. You have to arrow down the page to get to the video clip that is running (they always come up in duplicate for some strange reason and it took me awhile to figure that out).

Anyway, good luck!
Light.
Old 24-06-2012, 12:47 AM
deadman

I think you have to let it be. That is, let that which is part of your affirmation become present in your actions. Yet let that which you wish for become part of your "reality statements". That is, do these "reality statements", open your door to that which you want to affirm?