Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 13-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Master
Exclamation How to make SF even better (Attn Members)

Hi Everyone,

I would like to take this time to ask the membership a question about the forum. We are always striving to make this place the greatest place of its kind on the internet. We are already one of the most friendly places around. Trust me I have been to a few places.

But now we need your help to make it even better. So what can we do as a forum to make this place even better?

All opinions and ideas are greatly appreciated. Lets see how we can make this place even better.

All of the Spiritual Forums Staff.
Old 13-10-2011, 12:44 AM
mattie

Profile Page Flexibility

The growth on this site is very impressive. Not only do the figures from Alexa show it being used allot by those who stay on longer than many similar sites, but the new members continue to grow at a healthy rate. In slightly less than a month, 126 new members have joined in.

More flexibility in the space on the Profile page would be great. About 1/3 of the page is ‘Group Memberships’ even though I’ve not seen any option for groups or discussion about these. This unused 1/3 page could be shifted into ‘Additional Information.’ If the ‘Group Memberships’ is used by some, perhaps there could be an option where unused space in this area could be used by ‘Spiritual Beliefs.’

Giving the ability for ‘Additional Information’ to be jazzed up w/ the same options one has when posting a reply (colors, fonts, size, bolding, picture) would be great. The current font color of olive green against a beige background is really hard to read. I wanted to list some of my threads/posts under ‘Spiritual Beliefs,’ but found there was only space to list 8 of them.

If space could be allowed, giving the ability to post some pics on one’s profile would be nice to customize it. Preferably the space could be flexible where one could post poetry, links, pics, or creative writing. A custom background option (colors, pics) could allow further customization. One site whose strong point was visual looks had an option similar to how one places the avatar & master picture where a pic was automatically used, even applied as a tile repeat in a light version to the background. Just being able to choose a color for the background (color wheel if possible) could make it fun.

To the right of the avatar picture is a swath of unused space where the ‘Join Date,’ ‘Posts,’ & ‘Contact Info’ could be shifted, thus using the page space more efficiently & perhaps allowing more space to be utilized w/ text.

Providing more options on the Profile page where this could be customized could help people feel more of a connection to the site by allowing their Profile page to reflect their unique creativity & personality. I don't know what is involved in setting up this stuff, but some sites have a music option so one can have downloaded or linked music when their page is clicked on.

Site Outreach- I noticed a thread about the site now being on one of the social media sites. Use all of them. FaceBook, Twitter, My Space. Whatever pops up.

Last edited by mattie : 13-10-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Old 13-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Gracey

I liked the portal from the set up before the crash.
Old 13-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
I liked the portal from the set up before the crash.

I agree. Good point... I kind of forgot that it existed after so long, lol
Old 13-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Master
Make a section were adults only can discuss stuff without being made to feel like a child.
Old 13-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Master
Hey! Great idea~ wow mattie, just wow! I love those ideas. I miss the portal, too. I used it quite a bit. I like that, too Rob.

Old 13-10-2011, 01:16 AM
nightowl

I would like to see an alternative/progressive Christianity section
Old 13-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Master

Create a function that members can use that places them on the admins "ignore list"!
Old 13-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Create a function that members can use that places them on the admins "ignore list"!

O U Kid!

Old 13-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Master
Ditto on the portal from before the crash, miss that too.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne