Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-07-2021, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
Though one can, though free will, inhabit environments one is not karmically producing.
Every deed produces Karma so where is this 'Enviroment' one can inhabit through 'Free Will' that's not 'Karmically Producing' ?
Old 10-07-2021, 07:36 AM
Master
Quote:

Everything you said there is true though.

Enlightenment is not loss of ' Identity ' but a reclaiming of your true identity... Buddha Nature.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:54 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Every deed produces Karma

The way I see it now is it is more about one's state of being and not really "deeds" or individual acts though those of course occur as they are patterns and habits which manifest due to ones established "identity" or ego. It's that repetition of ego projection that establishes karmic effects. So it's not like I stole this thing so I will have something stole from me, it's more about the state of consciousness or ego that would steal. That is what draws karmic effects. So it's deeper than I did this or that deed and so got bad karma. It's the nature of the ego or false self, the patterns and habits established in that, the ideas and beliefs and thought patterns one is identified with and acting upon and projecting day after day. Also one is perceiving or experiencing though these filters of ego.
Old 10-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
So it's deeper than I did this or that deed and so got bad karma.
Karma according to The Buddha is neither bad nor good, you could look up some Teachings to help you understand. I could Post Links but to save space you can easily find them yourself
Old 10-07-2021, 02:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
It's the nature of the ego or false self, the patterns and habits established in that, the ideas and beliefs and thought patterns one is identified with and acting upon and projecting day after day.
Right, I think this is one key to understanding, with what sky123 mentions that it can be positive or negative.

I truly wonder how far we can go with that.
Again practicing Samadhi does it automatically: a world that we would have never thought or imagined just unfolds in front of us, like magic, just because we disentangled knots in our mind.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:11 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Buddha was pretty specific about Kamma being volition
Ah, and ideas and beliefs being created by volition.
That is probably the root.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
Again practicing Samadhi does it automatically
You dont ' Practice ' Samadhi Guillaume, you practice Meditation and it comes to you. . It's a state of mind..
Old 10-07-2021, 04:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
You dont ' Practice ' Samadhi Guillaume, you practice Meditation and it comes to you. . It's a state of mind..
ahah, I know, that was a writing shortcut!
Let's say one need to sustain the Samadhi state to have karma dissolved.

By the way, depending on the sources, I've seen people claiming that Samadhi during 1 hour was enough to be enlightened, but I've also seen several days!

Any opinion / reliable source?
Old 10-07-2021, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
ahah, I know, that was a writing shortcut!
Let's say one need to sustain the Samadhi state to have karma dissolved.
As I mentioned previously, after The Buddha's Enlightenment it is writted in Sutras/Suttas that He still had to deal with Past Karma.... so Karma is not dissolved
Old 10-07-2021, 05:26 PM
Master
Quote:

Even 'practicing meditation' might be a misnomer......... To quiet the mind is in of itself a hard task to do because the mind wants to remain active. The harder one tries to quiet the mind, the further they get from quieting the mind. A lot of times, if not all the time, it happens without the person realizing it.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜