Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 13-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
A very warm welcome to the forum, dear soul
I thought I was special ;(
Old 13-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Pathfinder

Wink internet is vast, you haven't found your home yet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraceles
Hi there! I think I should be here because about 6 years ago I started practicing Buddhism, and a lot of interesting spiritual benefits started happening to me. I'm also a certified Reiki Master now, and even more interesting things started happening. I don't have many people to share experiences with who really get it, so I thought this forum would be a great place to join.

My main hobbies are yoga, hiking, reading, drawing, philosophy, biking, and video/computer games.

I look forward to interacting with people here :)

I would be interesting in talking philosophy with you, though for sure! Also interested in video/computer games, but less so. Haven't found many free games that I enjoy, plus I kind of aspire to do more important things than play games (not to exclusion of fun though ).

I do like brain training games like lumosity.com and smartphone apps like elevate and peak. And also (massive) multiplayer (role playing?) games and sports computer/video games are fun too! Like Madden, Fifa, World of Warcraft and Counterstrike and Unreal Tournament and Tribes. for examples.

What topics in philosophy are of interest to you?
Old 13-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustaname

I would be interesting in talking philosophy with you, though for sure! Also interested in video/computer games, but less so. Haven't found many free games that I enjoy, plus I kind of aspire to do more important things than play games (not to exclusion of fun though ).

I do like brain training games like lumosity.com and smartphone apps like elevate and peak. And also (massive) multiplayer (role playing?) games and sports computer/video games are fun too! Like Madden, Fifa, World of Warcraft and Counterstrike and Unreal Tournament and Tribes. for examples.

What topics in philosophy are of interest to you?

I used to play Warhammer Online, Aion, Ragnarok Online, Left 4 Dead, Phantasy Star Online, Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (online), and Team Fortress 2, but these days I prefer to play single player games in solitude, they help me unwind from the day. My user name is from Final Fantasy 6, I combined my two favorite characters names together (Terra and Celes). That is one of my favorite RPG's. I really enjoy playing Persona games too because the themes relate to some of the spiritual experiences I've gone through. Especially after experiences like discovering spirits, guides, angels, etc.

Some philosophy themes I enjoy are subjectivism and conscience. The only philosophers I have an easy time relating to are Friedrich Nietzsche and Laozi.

My brain training has always been a good game of chess. :) I'm glad Lichess exists.
Old 13-04-2016, 11:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Thanks. You can find her paintings by googling 'Artwork by Aimee Stewart'

I edited down the avatar, but you can see the original on this link, which in my opinions is much nicer.

I looked her up and am mesmerized by the Fantasy drawings in particular, looks like beautiful scenery from lucid dreams and role-playing concept design. She is very talented! I'm saving the fox picture to my computer, it is absolutely gorgeous. :)
Old 13-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for the greetings everyone!
Old 14-04-2016, 12:52 AM
Suspended

Greetings :)
Old 14-04-2016, 01:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
Greetings :)
Thanks! Is that a Wolf's Rain avatar I see there?
Old 14-04-2016, 01:14 AM
Suspended

I am familiar with Wolf's Rain, but I'm unsure if it's from the series...It's possible someone used the silhouette of Kiba and photo shopped a different background setting to the image...I'm probably going to change mine back to another wolf avatar I've been using here for quite some time, as I feel the other one suits me better than the one I'm using now...
Old 14-04-2016, 02:47 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraceles
I used to play Warhammer Online, Aion, Ragnarok Online, Left 4 Dead, Phantasy Star Online, Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (online), and Team Fortress 2, but these days I prefer to play single player games in solitude, they help me unwind from the day. My user name is from Final Fantasy 6, I combined my two favorite characters names together (Terra and Celes). That is one of my favorite RPG's. I really enjoy playing Persona games too because the themes relate to some of the spiritual experiences I've gone through. Especially after experiences like discovering spirits, guides, angels, etc.

Some philosophy themes I enjoy are subjectivism and conscience. The only philosophers I have an easy time relating to are Friedrich Nietzsche and Laozi.

My brain training has always been a good game of chess. :) I'm glad Lichess exists.

Well, I've heard of none of those games before. :(

I can understand solitary games helping to unwind, though I don't really have that in my life right now.

subjectivism and Nietzsche are huge for me, if "conscience" means listening to my inner compass, I would agree with those too. Lao Tzu - or taoism is awesome too.

Chess I know is historically and game-theory and intellectually a big brain trainer, but IDK, I might check out lichess. I like rubik's cubes right now.

Let's go deeper into these topics :)
Old 14-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustaname
Well, I've heard of none of those games before. :(

I can understand solitary games helping to unwind, though I don't really have that in my life right now.

subjectivism and Nietzsche are huge for me, if "conscience" means listening to my inner compass, I would agree with those too. Lao Tzu - or taoism is awesome too.

Chess I know is historically and game-theory and intellectually a big brain trainer, but IDK, I might check out lichess. I like rubik's cubes right now.

Let's go deeper into these topics :)

Busy all the time or have a lot of social obligations? I live in the middle of no-where in a country town (and I live alone), so my evenings basically consist of exercise, then a meditation ritual, and then a game until I fall asleep, unless friends send a message and ask to video chat on Skype (or me vice-versa with them). So I don't have a very big social life, but at the same time I'm okay with that because I have a lot of time to meditate and do yoga for my Reiki practice.

Never tried any of those brain training games before, but I'll do some research on them :) I have never been able to solve a Rubix cube, lol!

One thing I always wondered was the validity of how spiritual people experience certain spiritual experiences. Our thoughts are real and have meaning, but does this make us live someone else's subjective dream? What about things like if the person is on medication or is a highly sensitive person (HSP). I think people's spiritual experiences are real because they gave them meaning.