Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-12-2020, 10:38 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
They say that there are three ' Fires ' that Buddhist seek to extinguish in order to find Nirvana, passion, aversion and ignorance (delusion).

What do you mean by the flow state ?

I think of things differently, within the frame of my own experiences, as well as with the terms of what I know...
a large part of the Taoist system of philosophy is based on The Flow State. So I think about the spiritual and the
philosophical as one aspect, and where they differ is in region of East and West. And the Psychical would be linked
to the Physical goals of Action. Meaning the psychical is the teaching as well as the functions that we take into the
physical.

What Philosophy is is Introspective thinking. And how it works is that the Human experience and base reality of The Earth
has elements that are universally shared. But what we choose to share are based on purpose and degrees of shareability.
The less shareable experiences are hidden rarities.

There's no Buddhism without Bodhisattvas.

Bodhisattvas are enlightened beings who have put off entering paradise in order to help others attain enlightenment.
There are many different Bodhisattvas, but the most famous in China is Avalokitesvara, known in Chinese as Guanyin.
Bodhisattvas are usually depicted as less austere or inward than the Buddha.

So as I pasted this I just read it for the first time, and it says Bodhisattvas are usually depicted as less austere or
inward than the Buddha.
The Buddha is some sort of figurehead or leader, he experienced something Godly, Heavenly and the disciples believed in him.
He's the role model and Figurehead of the Group, he probably made a lot of sense....where there previously was confusion.
They are both compassionate yet empathetic. Conservative and Liberal.
Tempered and Competent. Both introverted and Extraverted. This is what Non Duality is like in words and virtue.
Part of Dualistic reasoning is Dueling, the judgment of what is effective or non effective, good and bad, values to teach
and or bring into creation, alas that is an interpersonal Societal and Cultural goal.

Ultimately these spiritual beings are made to make the world out of themselves. But so does everyone do this already. People
are usually more interested and curious about what's outside of their collective identity/ego I mean, there's a reason why
people are indifferent in prospect, and there's a good reason why we don't have a system that orders people into professions
like a military regime does in some places. Being forced to become something you have no interest in. Yet sometimes people
are too driven by their own ideas and cant settle with what's already available. There seems to be a confliction between rulers,
authorities, people with power, and revolutionaries, Order and chaos is a difference of opinion in art or heart.

Imports and Exports right, think about materialism. It's the same for mysticism. We need the free spiritedness in
order to appreciate what we have now, the things we were given without Reception, like to earn something, or to be celebrated
and given. These are types of rituals. A sense of esteem, and pride. Which are very necessary.

They say that there are three ' Fires ' that Buddhist seek to extinguish in order to find Nirvana, passion, aversion and ignorance (delusion).

The realms and states in which
monks think, are Zen, Meditation, Single Pointed Concentration, Beginners Mind, and Emptiness and Mindfulness. Have you thought about what all
these qualities have in common. It's minimalistic. Even the logic is minimalistic. Being...Non Being. It sets up Disfunction in order to Re
Evaluate what is functional and livable. Logic in many ways pre ordains us. Likewise so does our society. So what we need to do is
have the Keys to open doors of opportunity without being locked out and freaking out, or prying open the doors. As well as the semantical knowledge
infused with our own interpretations which is caused by experience of being in those works/realms. We have mixed emotions about certain pre written
rules, principles and codes that make a service, and we may not like the function, how it works, what it causes. So we want to solve them. It's
not necessarily about dissolving things and destroying them, the universe doesn't destroy, or rather what is considered as destruction is when the entirety
of a system breaks down.

Passion, Aversion and Ignorance.
We have Passions, this is Pathos. Passion is a Path.. but it's also a Fire. (i personally call passion a path because its an emotional directive. It exists
within the Spirit of a Person).
We have Aversions to our Passions, and Paths.. People challenge our beliefs, and we sometimes get challenged by overthinking them, so we become less ignorant.
We have ignorance and delusion, we sometimes think highly of our Passions
and think our path is the only way. Nirvana is someone's own Heaven or Haven, a Persons Ideal or I-Deal..get it. Its a service of compassion.
From Passion is the Greek Pathos which also means to Suffer.
Its a feeling and an emotion, we suffer and yearn and long for. Passion of the Christ get it...
Jesus came from the Piscean Age. And was considered as the Zodiacal Man or the Son of Man.
We have to know the ins and outs of our beliefs and to teach them, to revivify the spirit in the dead... or the cold ones. Cold Logic, computers, and ai... etc
We don't want our passions to consume us, our pride and our work... there's much more to life, but there's something great about this wisdom.
What we want to do is allow people to experience these euphoria's, but they have to earn them. We have to temper ourselves and delay gratification.
They didn't have these psychological terminologies and the science of the brain back then. We want to give people the Keys and teach them how to Drive.
Passion is a flame that lights up the path in darkness.
There's something Pathological about our experience..it might be metaphor itself, we create words... and we create our experience.
I'm a Pathological Truther.
Old 14-12-2020, 11:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyKeys
I think of things differently, within the frame of my own experiences, as well as with the terms of what I know...
a large part of the Taoist system of philosophy is based on The Flow State. So I think about the spiritual and the
philosophical as one aspect, and where they differ is in region of East and West. And the Psychical would be linked
to the Physical goals of Action. Meaning the psychical is the teaching as well as the functions that we take into the
physical.

What Philosophy is is Introspective thinking. And how it works is that the Human experience and base reality of The Earth
has elements that are universally shared. But what we choose to share are based on purpose and degrees of shareability.
The less shareable experiences are hidden rarities.

There's no Buddhism without Bodhisattvas.

Bodhisattvas are enlightened beings who have put off entering paradise in order to help others attain enlightenment.
There are many different Bodhisattvas, but the most famous in China is Avalokitesvara, known in Chinese as Guanyin.
Bodhisattvas are usually depicted as less austere or inward than the Buddha.

So as I pasted this I just read it for the first time, and it says Bodhisattvas are usually depicted as less austere or
inward than the Buddha.
The Buddha is some sort of figurehead or leader, he experienced something Godly, Heavenly and the disciples believed in him.
He's the role model and Figurehead of the Group, he probably made a lot of sense....where there previously was confusion.
They are both compassionate yet empathetic. Conservative and Liberal.
Tempered and Competent. Both introverted and Extraverted. This is what Non Duality is like in words and virtue.
Part of Dualistic reasoning is Dueling, the judgment of what is effective or non effective, good and bad, values to teach
and or bring into creation, alas that is an interpersonal Societal and Cultural goal.

Ultimately these spiritual beings are made to make the world out of themselves. But so does everyone do this already. People
are usually more interested and curious about what's outside of their collective identity/ego I mean, there's a reason why
people are indifferent in prospect, and there's a good reason why we don't have a system that orders people into professions
like a military regime does in some places. Being forced to become something you have no interest in. Yet sometimes people
are too driven by their own ideas and cant settle with what's already available. There seems to be a confliction between rulers,
authorities, people with power, and revolutionaries, Order and chaos is a difference of opinion in art or heart.

Imports and Exports right, think about materialism. It's the same for mysticism. We need the free spiritedness in
order to appreciate what we have now, the things we were given without Reception, like to earn something, or to be celebrated
and given. These are types of rituals. A sense of esteem, and pride. Which are very necessary.

The realms and states in which
monks think, are Zen, Meditation, Single Pointed Concentration, Beginners Mind, and Emptiness and Mindfulness. Have you thought about what all
these qualities have in common. It's minimalistic. Even the logic is minimalistic. Being...Non Being. It sets up Disfunction in order to Re
Evaluate what is functional and livable. Logic in many ways pre ordains us. Likewise so does our society. So what we need to do is
have the Keys to open doors of opportunity without being locked out and freaking out, or prying open the doors. As well as the semantical knowledge
infused with our own interpretations which is caused by experience of being in those works/realms. We have mixed emotions about certain pre written
rules, principles and codes that make a service, and we may not like the function, how it works, what it causes. So we want to solve them. It's
not necessarily about dissolving things and destroying them, the universe doesn't destroy, or rather what is considered as destruction is when the entirety
of a system breaks down.

Passion, Aversion and Ignorance.
We have Passions, this is Pathos. Passion is a Path.. but it's also a Fire. (i personally call passion a path because its an emotional directive. It exists
within the Spirit of a Person).
We have Aversions to our Passions, and Paths.. People challenge our beliefs, and we sometimes get challenged by overthinking them, so we become less ignorant.
We have ignorance and delusion, we sometimes think highly of our Passions
and think our path is the only way. Nirvana is someone's own Heaven or Haven, a Persons Ideal or I-Deal..get it. Its a service of compassion.
From Passion is the Greek Pathos which also means to Suffer.
Its a feeling and an emotion, we suffer and yearn and long for. Passion of the Christ get it...
Jesus came from the Piscean Age. And was considered as the Zodiacal Man or the Son of Man.
We have to know the ins and outs of our beliefs and to teach them, to revivify the spirit in the dead... or the cold ones. Cold Logic, computers, and ai... etc
We don't want our passions to consume us, our pride and our work... there's much more to life, but there's something great about this wisdom.
What we want to do is allow people to experience these euphoria's, but they have to earn them. We have to temper ourselves and delay gratification.
They didn't have these psychological terminologies and the science of the brain back then. We want to give people the Keys and teach them how to Drive.
Passion is a flame that lights up the path in darkness.
There's something Pathological about our experience..it might be metaphor itself, we create words... and we create our experience.
I'm a Pathological Truther.

If you had Broken your Post down into smaller Sections it would be easier to discuss, but two things I did notice.....

'There's no Buddhism without Bodhisattvas.

Bodhisattvas are enlightened beings who have put off entering paradise in order to help others attain enlightenment.'

In Buddhism ' Dharma ' are Universal Truths so Bodhisattvas or not it would still exists.

Bodhisattvas are on the Path to Enlightenment.
Old 14-12-2020, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I was watching adocumentary and this guy, Stephen Wolinsky, touched some subjects including Nirvana, so he said that Nirvana is actually the complete erase of the "I", the annihilation of the "I". Is this how Nirvana is actually understood?

In my thinking, the "I" can never be erased or annihilated, it is ever present, the "I am" is ever present, it can only expand to a greater "I" or shrink to a more compact "I", we are this more compact "I", you know, a separated entity from all the others.

What are your thoughts?

Nirvana is a term that is illusive in nature and it is not easy to be able to identify especially in Buddhism. Sure, most Buddhist will tell you what Nirvana means but then you have some Buddhists who claim 'if it can not be proven, then it does not exist' which can make a person wonder, what is going on. Nirvana is not an original Buddhist word but is a word used in several religions older then Buddhism. In Buddhism, the word has taken on a whole different meaning. For example in Hinduism, a 'Soul' is involved when dealing with Nirvana whereas in Buddhism, the Soul does not exist. Reincarnation is also involved in the Hindu version of Nirvana whereas in Buddhism, Reincarnation is not accepted but Re-birth is.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-12-2020, 02:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I dunno..Nirvana, Samadhi, Satchitananda by many names...you're
in such a state...
you don't even know you have a butt on a pillow let alone an 'I'.
I mean it...later you do...not in those moments of awe and wow.

agreed!

that's only in the process. in order to be open enough for the experience the i has to in some cases step away. after one is open enough the i has room.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 14-12-2020, 02:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
That's... the "I am" state, the state of "no state".

Are you able to mantain this "state no state" in all situations?

i have for a little over ten years. its all about being open to it. once one is open enough nothing can obstruct it. plus rather than closing down as a protective mechanism in life circumstances you do the opposite. being open is the defense mechanism. bliss and silence becomes your armour!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 14-12-2020, 02:47 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you had Broken your Post down into smaller Sections it would be easier to discuss, but two things I did notice.....

'There's no Buddhism without Bodhisattvas.

Bodhisattvas are enlightened beings who have put off entering paradise in order to help others attain enlightenment.'

In Buddhism ' Dharma ' are Universal Truths so Bodhisattvas or not it would still exists.

Bodhisattvas are on the Path to Enlightenment.

My point is that Buddishm is a Philosophy of human inquiry.
The truths wouldnt exist without human culture as a whole.
So by writing our truths and wisdom we conserve the energy
spent inquiring these thoughts.
This may seem childish to you but Nibbana is paradise, a
place of beauty that can only be reached in a form of relaxed
peace, it requires elements of nature, its something we create
and manifest in the world by arranging it and bringing it together.
Otherwise why would it say enlightened
beings who have put off seeking more higher states to help others
gain enlightenment. It's to show others higher forms of beauty and
peace that comes through observation and archetecture/archetype.
The split between heaven and hell is like the space of the stars and
the space of the inner earth, where closer in these parameters are
The sky and The Earth. So Heaven on earth is a Haven, or a walled
Garden. Such is civilization. It wasnt a place to go and to bring people
to. It was something to inspire and encourage as a means to work at
all, and create, for a higher purpose. In doing so it actually may heighten and balance our internal chemistries. (the spiritual vision) It's in nature, human nature, with real contact, affection and emotion. The Noble 8fold path is not a wheel to be steered but a gear in human nature and society. Constantly working.
Yet not constantly... i mean we all go to bed. hehahah

Last edited by PsyKeys : 14-12-2020 at 03:58 PM.
Old 14-12-2020, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
I was watching adocumentary and this guy, Stephen Wolinsky, touched some subjects including Nirvana, so he said that Nirvana is actually the complete erase of the "I", the annihilation of the "I". Is this how Nirvana is actually understood?

In my thinking, the "I" can never be erased or annihilated, it is ever present, the "I am" is ever present, it can only expand to a greater "I" or shrink to a more compact "I", we are this more compact "I", you know, a separated entity from all the others.

What are your thoughts?
An answer about nirvana from Lobsang Rampa:

What is Nirvana? Why do Indians just want to
sit down and do nothing and hope everything will come right
for them in the end
?
ANSWER: The Indians do not think that at all. Nirvana is
not the extinction of everything; it is utterly impossible to live
in a void, in a state of vacuum. To live one has to progress and
develop. Consider, for instance, a car. First of all a prototype
is developed and the car is tried and tested on the works'
testing track and then perhaps, if it is a good quality car, sent
to the mountains of Switzerland so that it may be tested both
in Switzerland and in, perhaps, South American jungles.
When the car is tested certain faults develop and they can
be eliminated, the purpose of testing is to find out what is
wrong and how to put it right.
The same applies to humans; humans have to be tested to
find their weak points, and when the weak points are discovered
they can be overcome. That is being done all the time
in the ordinary stages of evolution. You will agree that many
new models of radios or cars, or anything else—space rockets,
if you like—have faults, later models are better because the
faults have been eliminated.
Nirvana is the stage in humans when faults have been
eliminated. So the Indian and the erudite Easterner tries to
overcome his faults, he tries to eliminate lusts and other quite
interesting but harmful vices. You can say that he tries to live
in a state of nothingness so far as vice is concerned, he wants
nothing to do with vice, he is only interested in perfection. So
instead of seeking to obtain loads of nothing he tries to get rid
of vice to leave more room for good.
The old idea that Nirvana is a state of nothingness where a
person sits in mental and spiritual vacuity is false because
there were wrong translations. Westerners think they know so
much, they try to put into concrete terms that which are mere
abstract whispers.
Nirvana, then, is the state wherein there is no evil, wherein
one is like the three wise monkeys, who see no evil, speak no
evil, and do no evil, and when there is no evil there is room for
more good. Isn't that so?
Old 14-12-2020, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Nirvana is a term that is illusive in nature and it is not easy to be able to identify especially in Buddhism. Sure, most Buddhist will tell you what Nirvana means but then you have some Buddhists who claim 'if it can not be proven, then it does not exist' which can make a person wonder, what is going on. Nirvana is not an original Buddhist word but is a word used in several religions older then Buddhism. In Buddhism, the word has taken on a whole different meaning. For example in Hinduism, a 'Soul' is involved when dealing with Nirvana whereas in Buddhism, the Soul does not exist. Reincarnation is also involved in the Hindu version of Nirvana whereas in Buddhism, Reincarnation is not accepted but Re-birth is.

' but then you have some Buddhists who claim 'if it can not be proven, then it does not exist '

That is definitely not what Buddha taught, this might help....

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

(Asvaghosa’s Buddhacarita or Acts of the Buddha.)
Old 14-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Pathfinder

As people reincarnate or rather new spirits come into the soul of being, the works are re evaluated as long as they exist to be read. And with heightened awareness reincarnation as a process gets minimized into stages of evolutions of ones own life. We have our ups and downs and the impact in questiom is how do we levelup our civilization before we pass away. The key is to minimize civilization into societal communal awareness and then family ethics. Save your knowledge and try to communicate it to your role models, we can easily just email people these days. We can also get into the roles astute to our ideas and work from there. But going back to the reincarnation principle there are two things possible. 1. Cause a breakthrough or 2. Be humble because our life spans are incredibly short.
Old 14-12-2020, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyKeys
As people reincarnate or rather new spirits come into the soul of being, the works are re evaluated as long as they exist to be read. And with heightened awareness reincarnation as a process gets minimized into stages of evolutions of ones own life. We have our ups and downs and the impact in questiom is how do we levelup our civilization before we pass away. The key is to minimize civilization into societal communal awareness and then family ethics. Save your knowledge and try to communicate it to your role models, we can easily just email people these days. We can also get into the roles astute to our ideas and work from there. But going back to the reincarnation principle there are two things possible. 1. Cause a breakthrough or 2. Be humble because our life spans are incredibly short.

Nice comments

but some Buddhists may question some of the things you wrote. Buddhists, for the most part, do not believe in reincarnation. They believe in re-birth. And then there is the issue dealing with the soul. Most Buddhists do not believe they have a soul.

and then there are some Buddhist who believe if it can not be proven, then it does not exist. In this case, reincarnation and soul can not be proven, therefore it does not exist.

you can also look at it from another angle. Some Buddhists are adamant they do not have faith, which other religions need in order to believe. But to believe in something you can not prove, does take faith which some Buddhists consider a dilemma.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.