Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Unhappy How could the medium/tarot reader get it so wrong?

Hi this is my first post on these forums.

I had my tarot read by a medium 2.5 years ago. It was all about romance and how I’d meet a man through my flat and he’d drive a red car and could be a neighbour. She said I’d have no doubts about him and he’d offer me a ring.

I didn’t think much of it at the time but shortly afterwards a cute single dad moved just across from me and I developed a bit of a crush on him but nothing happened for a while apart from the odd ‘hello’. About 6 months ago we matched on Tinder and he sent me a message. I didn’t reply for 2 months as I didn’t realise it was him from his picture and he replied back with his phone no. I messaged him the next day and we chatted back and forwards for a bit. I never heard from him again and then I moved back to my parents for a few months during lockdown. When I got back to my own flat it became pretty obvious he had met someone as now it looks as if it’s serious as his girlfriend is either always at his or he disappears for days on end (presumably at hers).

I’m quite gutted by this. The mediums predictions really got my hopes up and when we messaged on Tinder I was sure her predictions were accurate. He even drove a red car! So for him to now have a girlfriend had left me feeling upset and hurt.
I’d been to this medium before and all her predictions that time came true. That’s why I went back to her.
How could the medium have got it so wrong this time?
Old 12-11-2020, 09:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi33

I had my tarot read by a medium 2.5 years ago. It was all about romance and how I’d meet a man through my flat and he’d drive a red car and could be a neighbour. She said I’d have no doubts about him and he’d offer me a ring.

I didn’t think much of it at the time but shortly afterwards a cute single dad moved just across from me and I developed a bit of a crush on him but nothing happened for a while apart from the odd ‘hello’. About 6 months ago we matched on Tinder and he sent me a message. I didn’t reply for 2 months as I didn’t realise it was him from his picture and he replied back with his phone no. I messaged him the next day and we chatted back and forwards for a bit. I never heard from him again and then I moved back to my parents for a few months during lockdown. When I got back to my own flat it became pretty obvious he had met someone as now it looks as if it’s serious as his girlfriend is either always at his or he disappears for days on end (presumably at hers).

I’m quite gutted by this. The mediums predictions really got my hopes up and when we messaged on Tinder I was sure her predictions were accurate. He even drove a red car! So for him to now have a girlfriend had left me feeling upset and hurt.
I’d been to this medium before and all her predictions that time came true. That’s why I went back to her.

You call this practitioner a 'medium' but for me she's a psychic. I'm a Brit and in the UK mediumship isn't about forecasting a future. Not THE future because there are a number of potential futures, only one of which can ultimately be right. Nobody knows exactly what will be the actual outcome - what happens, happens.

Your psychic may have correctly foretold a great deal of what your future might be but she could not anticipate or foresee how someone else's future might impact yours. These things are not set in stone.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:01 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with Bobjob on this it was a psychic you saw not a Medium,

Namaste
Old 14-11-2020, 05:19 PM
irisa

Hi Heidi33,

- did the medium mention time? Your lifes ain´t over yet...
- maybe there will be another nice neighbour in time with a red car...
Old 14-11-2020, 07:34 PM
Master
It is interesting the word psychic and medium. I learned something new.

On rare occasions I have seen a future event. I was unsure what to make of them. Initially I would be heart sick, thinking the event was literal and 100% going to happen. But, this is not it. Like mentioned before, there is free will and a million tiny variances which might occur between point A and point B. This is where it is not written in stone.

We are all participants in our own lives. You also have intuition to tune into.

What did you learn?

I see predictions as being very complicated and a bit dangerous, when we give away our own power, to participate and choose.
Old 15-11-2020, 11:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Irisa - no she didn’t give a timeline. Maybe you are right - maybe another cute neighbour with a red car will move in! Or maybe my neighbour will feature in my future.

I find it hard to understand how a prediction can only be one of many future options. Surely a good psychic would see exactly what WOULD happen not just one of many possibilities that MAY happen ��

She was reading tarot at the time and receiving messages form spirit also.
Old 15-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I find it hard to understand how a prediction can only be one of many future options. Surely a good psychic would see exactly what WOULD happen not just one of many possibilities that MAY happen ��
If only! I'm sorry but that's just not the way things happen.....

Quote:
She was reading tarot at the time and receiving messages form spirit also.

I can't speak about the accuracy of Tarot readers overall but on an individual level I've not been impressed by readers I've come across or their abilities. And not even those in the world of the spirit know exactly what future will come about. Some may have a better view of events and be better able to anticipate their outcomes but there's no guarantee a psychic will contact one of them. Not all discarnates will have such attributes anyway and even those who do may be far from accurate in what they think they foresee.
Old 17-11-2020, 05:31 AM
Master
Quote:

I think the problem has to do with FREE WILL. We have FREE WILL which means we can change things .....

Then there is what is references as being Foreordained..... which means the event will happen.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 17-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
You call this practitioner a 'medium' but for me she's a psychic. I'm a Brit and in the UK mediumship isn't about forecasting a future. Not THE future because there are a number of potential futures, only one of which can ultimately be right. Nobody knows exactly what will be the actual outcome - what happens, happens.

Your psychic may have correctly foretold a great deal of what your future might be but she could not anticipate or foresee how someone else's future might impact yours. These things are not set in stone.
Bobjob and or Forum,

I am a seeker and interested in obtaining a reading from a Medium -any recommendations on how to proceed with this?
Old 17-11-2020, 08:29 PM
Master
Isn't Tinder a site for "hooking up". Maybe your neighbor isn't the one that your psychic/medium was referring to, and the events that happened were just coincidental or something like that.

Plus there was a two month gap from when you replied to the first contact, and then you left for a while to stay elsewhere. He may have thought you were not interested and moved on.