Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-08-2019, 01:20 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
I love demons just as much as I love angels. Life just as much as death. The Devil just as much as I love god. The darker side of life is very intriguing and beautiful in and of it's own right. Just imagine having a Guardian demon instead of the tipical guardian angel ( which everyone has these days. ) I think that would be cooler. No?

Who knows?
Old 11-08-2019, 01:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Who knows?

Hopefully someone here gives it a go. Guardian demon?, a big Amen to that!. Praises.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Hopefully someone here gives it a go. Guardian demon?, a big Amen to that!. Praises.

Demons were once Angels.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
To me "light" and "dark" definitions. Take on both spiritual and physical forms. To much of either one is not good and one loses touch and misses the "gray" totally. I believe you must be aware of both know and understand both are there and both have their hidden dangers and freedoms.
Neither actually exist, they're the mind's way of trying to describe what's essentially beyond its ability to put into words. Consciousness is not the language of words it's the language of dreams - which is the language the subconscious uses when it tries to communicate with the brain/mind. Light and dark are more akin to dream interpretations for the understanding of the mind rather than actual 'things' - Alan Watts says that humans 'thingify' things, which is what's happening with light and dark. People make a thing out of the dark and a thing out o0f the light, but nobody wants to discuss how what's being discussed is a survival instinct that's been with us since we climbed out of the trees. It's more superstitious and avatars of the collective subconsciousness than profound Spirituality.

There's probably more self-awareness in understanding the reasons we use the words in the first place and not what they are - and what we're denying/rejecting.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
For me, meditation is simply a state of non-resistance; in this open, receptive space of allowing, what had previously been suppressed is allowed to gradually arise and release, energetic blockages can gradually dissolve, and in time one comes to feel more alive, joyful, connected, and at peace. It's less the case that the mechanisms of the brain/mind are stripped away, it's more like they gradually fall away once the repressed emotions and sensations that had been underlying and compelling the mental activity are released.

Meditation really is a non-doing, it's not an activity - activity happens, but it's witnessed rather than actively engaged in.
Meditation is still a state of mind, essentially, and the point I was trying to make is that there's a place beyond meditation where there are no mechanisms of the brian.mind as far as consciousness is concerned. The brain/mind mechanism might be quite happily be doing what it does while the consciousness is not conscious of what the mechanism is doing, perceptually there's a complete separation between the two. What that actually means I'm not sure but I am aware of consciousness 'above and beyond' the body/brain/mind where there is nothing to witness and nothing has fallen away.

One of the problems is that something like mental heath can play a huge role in how we perceive the Universe, and I can't help but wonder how differently some of these discussions would develop if it was 'factored-in' to the discussions.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:13 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
that sounds really good. the onion and like layers is a great metaphor. thanks again for sharing. and good luck on peeling the onion however the means or practice. as the practice is only a tool. the objective is the point of the practice. i think people forget that and then become religious in the sense of putting a practice over the point of doing the practice.
You're welcome, Running.

It's been said that Spirituality is the 'what' and religion is the 'how', and it's through religion that people can find Spirituality. And some people are religious in their practice of Spirituality so...... I also can't help but wonder how many tagged-as Spiritual experiences are not Spiritual per se but are actually normal functions of the brain/mind. Denying the brain/mind only means that people are not aware of what it's capable of and therefore can't tell the difference between brain/mind and Spirituality. If they knew a little Jung and how it applies to this thread it would look very different.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Greenslade,

In my personal experience this is what I would call a good meditation. No remembrance, no experience, just being:) Oh, an no sense of time. In my mind(afterwards) I regard it as a good surrender to the Divine. That was when the Divine had an opportunity to work on me without any interference from my mind. No judgement on my part, no evaluation of the time by me. I compare it to the heart surgery I had. The doctors were free to work on me without any input from me and something I had no experience or memory of. After the necessary healing time I was aware of the changes in me that it had provided.
I've had some experiences due to trauma, and a few years back I was going through what could be described as "Ascension symptoms." That was a weird period because time and what I was conscious of became very wibbly-wobbly. I think it's one thing understanding consciousness and what we are conscious of from the perspective of a sane and rational mind, but the mind, what we are conscious of and consciousness itself are very different beasties - and they talk different languages.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Demons were once Angels.

Are they the angels that followed Lucifer in the rebellion and were cast from heaven are they? Is that how they became demons?
Old 12-08-2019, 01:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Are they the angels that followed Lucifer in the rebellion and were cast from heaven are they? Is that how they became demons?

That is basically what the Bible says.

Namaste.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-08-2019, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:

Some people probably have Guardian demons.

How would we know?

There life style probably would give them away.