Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Humans cannot be Fae or Angels or Elementals.
Elementals are chaotic its the fae that helps them work in harmony.
Humans are humans but we are so special I cannot understand why anyone would ever want to not be human..
Queen of the Fae Titania/Mab she goes by many names created Fae beyond the Veil protected by the Lady of the Lake. Mab would find it a insult for a half breed. She would probably kill it. Fae are pure humans are not. Be proud of being human and the abilitys you have each one of us in unique.

I see that you have an understanding of myth and folklore surrounding fae/elementals/angels and refer to it strictly (which defines who/what such beings are, where they reside, how they exist and that they are pure/chaotic...etc.) I also see that you have strong opinions regarding humanity (and the acceptance and celebration of it) as well as what reactions the Queen may have toward "half-breeds" and that you reject any possibility of any fae being incarnate in a human skin (and possibly anything else for that matter.)

I respect your point of view and I want to challenge it (not alter it,) though I doubt you would reply to it, so I'll offer my opinion and see whatever comes of it.

If someone defines themselves with a lable (such as fae in this case) because that is who they are, or simply as close as any definition will get...and it serves them well and has no negative connotations connected to it for them (such as having superiority complexes and/or denying that they are human in any way so as to be 'special' or whatever)...then why does it matter whether they are correct or not?

Myth and folklore aside, you and I certainly don't know them on a deep metaphysical level (or on any level most likely, emotional or physical,) unless they allow us to so I see no logical reason for disputing it at all considering theres no reason to believe such a thing to be false (and in some cases no reason to believe it true either.)

Even based on the myths and such, there's only so much to be gained from general knowledge and books, so unless you know the individuals involved in the myths personally then theres still no reason to dispute the nature of other peoples souls based on it (and if you do know individuals from myths/folklore/legends..etc, again whose to say their word is law? Everyone can lie or be ignorant in various ways unless they are omnipotent...which still doesn't rule out lying now that I think about it.)

My point is that there will probably always be some shred of uncertainty regarding this entire scenario, so I'm unsure of how your coming to solid conclusions about anything.

Logically, if this doesn't affect you or I directly and it sure isn't causing any issues for the individuals believing themselves to be something "other" spiritually, then why dispute it?

Isyour dispute of this simply because your understanding of the fae clashes with this entire notion?
Is it because you think its insulting to your version of the fae that these people would claim such a thing?
Is it because you believe them all to be denying that they are human if they consider themselves even partially something otherwise or that they aren't gratefull for who they are or what the human existence in itself is? (All of which would probably in at least one case be an assumption that is incorrect, as we are all unique and someones always going to defy preconcieved concepts.)
Or is it because you don't understand it and have no experience involving people who consider themselves to be something/someone "other" who happens to be incarnate in a human skin (and sometimes retains some of their former memories of their natural existence)?
Is it a number of these things or none of them?

Of course, there is no need to explain your views. I'm simply curious and find asking questions is the best means to understand someone elses point of view more accurately. Your under no obligation to reply.

As for my point of view

I'm quite sure that everyone knows who they are on a soul-deep level (subsoncisously or consciously) and whether thats anything outside of the accepted norm doesn't really matter as far as I'm concerned. I have yet to find anything "normal" in my entire existence as far as souls and spirituality goes, so anything goes as long as it's in line with some kind of common sense.

In general I dont really have an opinion on anyone who is an "other" incarnate because Im aware we're all individuals and have reasons behind our beliefs and have different experiences, so blanket statements and generalisations just dont cut it with a subject as broad as this.

Some may be true, some may be misguided, some may be experamenting, some may simply be lying. Whichever it happens to be, I remain neutral because everyone is really just discovering more about who they are regardless of how they do it and of what beliefs and conclusions they gain along the way.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Occultist

To Sangress and others.

Being proud of what you are is not arrogance its being comfortable with who you are and I am not religious I am a Witch.
My email box has been full as of late with people claiming there Fae or Angels or anything else.
Fae or wee folk those who walk behind the hedge and back do not have human souls. They wasnt created like we were.
I think all creatures are special but being comfortable in who you are is not self consoling it's being comfortable with who you are.
As of late there has been a rise in people who claim to be otherkin.
I think this is where fantasy-prone personality (FPP) comes into play.
I honestly do think its dangerous for people to think there not human.
Charles Manson for instance claimed to be everything from Satan to Jesus Christ. Also lets take into consideration "Heavens Gate" they convinced themselves so much into a fantasy that they completly lost touch of reality and all commited suicide. Let us look at David Koresh and Waco Texas or Jim Jones?
Whats the differance between believing your Jesus Christ and believing you are a Fairy??
Also should we really encourage this type of behavior?
I think we are on a slippery slope and it could have a sad outcome.
In my line of work and study you meet all kinds of people I met this one lady who actually thought she was a cat and peed in a litter box.
Some people on this thread said religion is a factor in my belief and its not.
My family up bringing was not religious.
The world is a ****** place right now and people are looking for answers/escape, I get it.
But dont loose sight of what you are and where in reality you want to go.
These again are my own opinions.
But if you can prove to me your something else other then human go for it. I am a open person.
Also Sangress I do see your side also and agree up into a point.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Master
I have a different point of view of the fae, an ancestral point of view. Here is something I posted elsewhere.

This is a tale of our remote, ancient ancestors in Britain [and Northern Europe]. During the last Ice Age, there was a huge cold tundra to the south of the ice sheet in the area now occupied by the North Sea [about 10000 BC]. It was home to herds of grazing animals of a wide variety and their predators, including Hunter-Gatherer Tribes who followed the herds. The south of this plain was a wide, marshy delta where the Thames, the Rhine, and the Seine all ran into the Atlantic, along with their many tributaries. Along with the H-G tribes were Fisherfolk who lived in the marshes in villages raised on stilts - one such village, dating from about 8000 BC, is currently being excavated and is in a remarkable state of preservation. www.starcarr.com
Around 6000 BC, the Ice Sheet began to melt very rapidly and the dry tundra began to flood, the tribes had to migrate away from the melt water along with the herds. Some of the tribes fled to the West into a land regarded as marginal - a land of dense, damp, gloomy forests - home to wolf, bear, wild boar and red deer. A completely alien landscape to the tribes who were used to open flatlands, now they were faced by folded land and an endless forest. This was the island of Britain.
However, this new land was not unoccupied, It was home to the Green Spirits of Nature. Clearly this presented a major challenge to those early tribal shaman as the spirits were not especially friendly to the "invaders". Over a long period of time, the shaman recognised places in the forest which seemed to be the sources of the Green Spirits and began to leave offerings in the hope of gaining the friendship of the spirits. Ultimately, the shaman were successful and gained much knowledge from the Green Spirits including the Places of Power in the landscape where the realm of the Spirits could be accessed to seek advice. These places were doorways or portals.
As man increased in numbers and knowledge of metals, whereas previously they used stone tools, now they had first bronze axes and later iron. The deforestation of the land increased rapidly as more and more land was cleared for agriculture and animal husbandry. The Green Spirits retreated to their own realm but entered our mythology as the Green Men, the Wild Men, Robin Goodfellow, Hob, and Elves. They entered our enduring legends as Robin Hood, the Green Knight of Arthurian legend, etc. The most enduring deities came from this source also = The Green Man, the Horned God [Kernunnos]
However the places of power remained active for those who knew the secrets through the ages.
The barrier between one realm and another came to be known as the veil or the hedge and the successors of the shaman - the Cunning Folk and ,later, the Hedge Witches continued to "cross the veil" or "stride the hedge" to commune with the Nature Spirits, now also recognised as Ancestral Spirits.

So, have I just revealed the truth or is it just mythology ? Your choice
Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Quagmire

I think we should encourage "humans" to be humans as long as they are in a human body. I think the slippery slope would be to keep people from discovering their true essense. I am part dragon, and part fairy and were never created to occupy the human body and only ented there through unfortunate circumstances. I have realized that I am me and have always been and will always be and all I have to do is exist in the now. I agree with Sangress, that if it does not hurt them or anyone else, then what is the problem. Some find an ease in knowing their true essense. Others find it in make believing. We all have different paths to walk so we should honor and respect that. Peace and love to all
Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Master
just by way of a p.s. On death, the spirit enters Underworld, the spirit world, to rest and renew, to await reincarnation. Some spirits may choose not to reincarnate but remain spirits as part of the spiritual essence of Gaia - hence Ancestral Spirits.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Quagmire

I have heard (someplace in my mind) that the Tuatha Dé Danann is the mortal part of the Olympian gods of Greece, so yes what is the truth and what is mythology
Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Sangress

Quote:
To Sangress and others.

Being proud of what you are is not arrogance its being comfortable with who you are and I am not religious I am a Witch.
My email box has been full as of late with people claiming there Fae or Angels or anything else.
Fae or wee folk those who walk behind the hedge and back do not have human souls. They wasnt created like we were.
I think all creatures are special but being comfortable in who you are is not self consoling it's being comfortable with who you are.
As of late there has been a rise in people who claim to be otherkin.
I think this is where fantasy-prone personality (FPP) comes into play.
I honestly do think its dangerous for people to think there not human.
Charles Manson for instance claimed to be everything from Satan to Jesus Christ. Also lets take into consideration "Heavens Gate" they convinced themselves so much into a fantasy that they completly lost touch of reality and all commited suicide. Let us look at David Koresh and Waco Texas or Jim Jones?
Whats the differance between believing your Jesus Christ and believing you are a Fairy??
Also should we really encourage this type of behavior?
I think we are on a slippery slope and it could have a sad outcome.
In my line of work and study you meet all kinds of people I met this one lady who actually thought she was a cat and peed in a litter box.
Some people on this thread said religion is a factor in my belief and its not.
My family up bringing was not religious.
The world is a ****** place right now and people are looking for answers/escape, I get it.
But dont loose sight of what you are and where in reality you want to go.
These again are my own opinions.
But if you can prove to me your something else other then human go for it. I am a open person.
Also Sangress I do see your side also and agree up into a point.

I agree with your opinion also and find much of it to be rational.

Everyone accepting themselves for who they are in a healthy and productive manner and therefore being comfortable with who they are is all that really matters to me as far as any belief goes.

I don't condone or deny the act of believing oneself to be human and other (since the bodies are obviously human last I checked) because I see no need to do so. I also feel out of respect that, even if I did feel a need to, I would have no right to do such a thing since we all have free will and nothing I do or say will change the way a person is naturally going to behave.

I dislike the idea of influencing others decisions needlessly, I'd rather sit back and observe unless I see that there is something negative going on.

As for the otherkin thing becoming common, I find fads come and go. Chances are it'll calm down in a years time unless you happen to have the luck of encountering (unhealthy) individuals who believe themselves to be otherkin often, then all I can say is that I don't envy you.

Also, just to specify things, I think common sense and a strong base in reality is very important and those who loose that common sense and strong base and get caught up in unhealthy delusions in order to escape reality or simply because they are prone to such things are not the kinds of people I was referring to in my above post.

I can personally see a large difference between well placed healthy beliefs (regardless of it being otherkin related or not) and someone who is having delusions of grandeur or antisocial behaviour in order to escape from, or due to an intolerance of daily living/reaity or which are signs of any kind of mental distress or is causing problems in general and all that kind of thing.

I would hope others can tell the difference as well and dont lump a large portion of people into that unhealthy catagory (which I'd hate to think of you doing Occultist) because odds are that there are sane and healthy individuals who consider themselves to be otherkin out there somewhere. I'm pretty sure its statistically impossible to have a large population of people all be mentally ill, and there not be a few healthy ones amongst it all.

Some more questions come to mind, feel free to answer or not. I quite enjoy getting your point of view (and others of course.)

I mean wouldnt that be like saying the entire pagan or new age (*insert spiritual belief system of your choice*) community are all mentally ill and has dangerious beliefs that should not be tolerated?

How is calling yourself fae any different to holding the title of witch? They're both terms of describing your own spiritual path aren't they? They both include your own personal way of difining the term right?

You know not all witches are green skin wart nosed fiends riding on broom sticks who steal children in the night or crouch over couldrens full of worms and salamanders and perhaps many fae know they are not the mythical winged unearthly beings but a more real and human counterpart of such a thing....or not. *shrugs* Just trying to give an altered perspective to see how it feels, see how blurry I can make the definitions just for the fun of it.

What specific proof would you ask from anyone who believes themselves to be other? Why would you need proof? It'd be interesting to find out I think.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 PM
MaliMarie

When it comes to other-kin, it's all about sorting through the liars... For some it really is their reality that they bear the soul of another creature. There have been some cases in which the subject (for lack of better name) has been identified as such by a competent psychic or in my case a priest who doesn't even believe in reincarnation. When we think of fairies, we think of little people with wings that sleep on flowers and toadstools.. when we also know that they have a realm of their own. Why would it be hard to believe that they have also decided to experience another form of existence? They may want to be here for their own reasons..

That being said, there are always people who say they are other-kin to escape their reality. Calling yourself not human is a way of rebellion.. So how do we find out who is pretending and who is really what they say they are? I've visited other-kin forums and they are very careful who they let in. You have to wait weeks because they really check out who you are. I think each person and soul will be important in times to come and it is folly to lie about who you are. Just because you like angel statues does not make you an angel and just because you like laying in the grass you are not a fairy.

But to deny who someone else is because you have a bad experience with a pretender is also folly. I believe I am an incarnated angel, and have for many years now. But I am human and I live as one. But I do have rules I follow and guides I live by because I believe I am here for a reason. And even if it's to heal one person then that's enough for me.

If someone believes they are an incarnated being, then they very well could be. If you have no proof that they are, then remember that does not mean you have proof that they aren't.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliMarie
They may want to be here for their own reasons..

Some of us are here because we are cursed to be so. I know that I can choose not to incarnate, but not all is that lucky. I am not human because I chose to but because I was forced to, that said; I try to make the best out of my situation. It is better to make lemons into lemonade unless you like the taste of lemons So yes everyone have their own reason to be here.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcuteblackie
Saying that humans are special is mere arrogance implanted to us by religions. Humans are humans and that is it, and we are superior to animals, but not to the gods and goddesses, or angels, and you do not know if there are other planets being inhabited by more "special" physical creatures. Please skip this self-consoling ****.

Wow. Really?

So, would you then say animals are not special either? Neither, then, trees and flowers and the like?

I think all beings are special and we all have our place in the grand scheme. Perhaps there are some fascinating beings on other planets as well, but to define them as "more special"? Perhaps different in looks and maybe in skills or intellect, but that doesn't necessarily make them more special.

I'm not sure why you place the feeling of humans being special in the lap of religion or feel it is self-consoling to think of humans as special. I taught my kids (and now my grandkids) that they are special... and TRUST ME, it has NOTHING to do with religion or a need to console them.

Hmmmm...