Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 09-09-2022, 07:07 PM
Knower
How to deal with bugs?

Today i killed a lizard in my room. Previously, i killed a lot of insects crawling in the kitchen. I also killed a coakroach in the bathroom. I had to smack it several times before it finally passed on. This act of killing feels unpleasant to me but what choice do i have. if i let them be, they will continue to increase in number and bother me even more.

The problem is that every time i kill something, i feel a little unpleasant and i also have negative thoughts in my mind. Is there a way to kill bugs without having negative thoughts and without feeling unpleasant?

On a deeper note, why does life gives me this challenge of killing bugs from time to time? What does life want me to learn through this task? Does life want me to become good at killing little things?

kindly share your thoughts on how you deal with bugs, lizards or insects if they appear in your room?
Old 09-09-2022, 11:49 PM
Ascender

I would leave the lizards alone. They'll help you with your bug problem. I don't mind insects outside my home. I'll tolerate a house spider inside even. Cockroaches are another thing entirely. I will not coexist with them. I will not allow them in my house. I've had an ongoing battle with hornets trying to live in my attic. I've had to call a bee guy 3 times already. They gain access in the same place every time. Through a gap in the flashing near the furnace chimney in the back of the house. I have to remember to have the gutter guys to come seal all the flashing, etc. every 5 years. I just had them come out this spring so I'm good for another 5 years.

I've got camel crickets under the house crawl space and I've toyed with the idea about putting some native lizards down there. I've seen blue skanks hanging out around the foundation there but we don't have any larger native lizards and I'm not going to introduce any raised in captivity, because I don't want have to take care of them. I'll probably just end up blowing some diatomaceous earth down there to take care of them. I don't want to use poison.

Insects in my room, are typically gonners. I don't like bugs in my room.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:16 AM
Master
I agree, let the lizards eat the bugs! Oooorrrrr get a cat. A cat will solve both the problems. A cat will enjoy killing both.
Old 10-09-2022, 02:50 PM
I repel them with 'plug in 'things...so they are reduced.
Before the cold comes I spray the baseboards with a 'Home Defense" spray , good for a year it says, and leave the house with windows open* ...also spraying the perimeter of the house outside..esp, around doors.
I have a perfect jar with a thick paper that comes inside packaging...
slip the paper underneath the jar...take the thing far away outside.

When I do kill something I tell them, "This place wasn't all it was cracked up to be anyway ---you're going to a better place."

*You can try peppermint, cedar sprays to repel things. Make your own.
Put Boric Acid powder all along baseboards...fill in any holes/cracks you might find. (And outside at the base of your home each year.)

If they are biting or stinging you ...make an oil or cream with lemongrass, basil, and geranium...mosquitoes will fly all around
you and never touch you.
Other bugs wont touch you...and it is a pleasant smell.
Try just lemongrass oil or citronella if that sounded too complicated.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-09-2022, 08:00 PM
Administrator
They don't bother me I hate fly's though so i always light a citronella candle
they don't like the smell it keeps them away
we don't get lizards here. unless it is someone's escaped pet

Namaste
Old 12-09-2022, 08:53 AM
Master
I just kill certain bugs when they invade then use peppermint spray to keep them away. Mighty mint is a peppermint spray that naturally repels bugs and can be ordered thru Amazon. White vinegar and cinnamon naturally repel ants and maybe other bugs too. I believe cinnamon is also toxic to ants.
Old 06-06-2023, 12:48 AM
Newbie ;)

If you want to get rid of Ants, just sprinkle around some Corn Meal.

They consider it Tasty and take it back into their Bivouac and Feed it to the Queen even.

Thing is, it causes Ants Terminal Constipation causing their Digestive Systems to become Clogged with the Corn Meal. So even through they sense it as some Great To Eat, they end up Dying of Terminal Constipation from Eating it. And when they Feed it to the Queen, she comes down with Terminal Constipation and when She Dies, the rest of the Bivouac Dies with her.

Thus - No More Annoying Ants.

I know things about this sort of thing as I am actually a Certified Exterminator.

3X3