Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-12-2022, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
Surely desire is not always unwholesome or bad. It depends on the desire. Some desires are good. The desire for love and happiness for example, is, for me, a worthy and admirable desire.

I agree with you. We can see in our own lives that 'Desires' can be both wholesome and unwholesome so in my way of thinking if one lets go or ignores the unwholesome what's left is wholesome and to be pursued... Of course its not as easy to do as it is to say but when you look at the outcome of your wholesome desires the lesson is learned. Imo only....
Old 14-12-2022, 11:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
First of all, Unwholesome is not a good/bad thing. Please, end up this mind set that "If one is asked to be wise, it doesn't mean being a Fool is a Bad thing".

Look at the consequences of fulfilling 'Unwholesome' desires and decide for yourself if they are ' Bad/Good and bad/good for who..... are they healthy ?
Old 14-12-2022, 12:48 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Look at the consequences of fulfilling 'Unwholesome' desires and decide for yourself if they are ' Bad/Good and bad/good for who..... are they healthy ?

If any Unwholesome Mind's desire, never happens to create any further Unwholesome Desire, that is Healthy (I would call Wise). And, only one such desire is of to reach the Wholesome Mind.

Other than that, every other desire keep on creating further, as the Goal is a limitation/Object. That limitation, ends soon, so Happiness turns into Misery - Unwholesome Desire arise again. It's Unhealthy (I would call Foolish).

So True Attainment and Everlasting and never sows further Unwholesome desire, is the 'sign' of Healthy/Wise Desire of a Partial/Unwholesome Mind.
Old 14-12-2022, 01:57 PM
Master
"Abandon what is unskillful, monks. It is possible to abandon what is unskillful."
"Develop what is skillful, monks. It is possible to develop what is skillful."

The Kusala Sutta..... https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipi...2.019.than.htm
Old 15-12-2022, 07:45 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
If Partial/Unwholesome Mind seeks/desires happiness only from Wholesome Mind but not from any limitations, then it is Wise. One day, Partial Mind becomes/realizes it's True Nature of Wholesome Mind, and so the Partial Mind's Desire of Wholesome Mind comes to a True End. Not like the desire of Happiness from limitations, unending.

Thanks for that. I think what you're saying is that if you desire happiness then go for the realisation of Wholesome Mind and you'll get what you are looking for. Reminds me of the Bible saying "seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you".
Old 15-12-2022, 07:48 AM
Guide

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I agree with you. We can see in our own lives that 'Desires' can be both wholesome and unwholesome so in my way of thinking if one lets go or ignores the unwholesome what's left is wholesome and to be pursued... Of course its not as easy to do as it is to say but when you look at the outcome of your wholesome desires the lesson is learned. Imo only....

Thank you.
Old 15-12-2022, 07:54 AM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
Thanks for that. I think what you're saying is that if you desire happiness then go for the realisation of Wholesome Mind and you'll get what you are looking for. Reminds me of the Bible saying "seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you".

Yup. That's it.

It is said in Upanishads, "That which is known, everything is Known".

Thanks to you too.