Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 02-09-2020, 12:55 PM
Master
Cards for Quitting Smoking

I drew 3 cards yesterday for how it will go for me. I quit Monday last, so right now going through day 3.
I'm doing okay but I do get these danged cravings at times! Just the habit of sucking that smoke in, filling my lungs with it etc. I have nicotine patches so that dip is quite well taken care of.

My 3 cards:
The Devil - The Fool - The Emperor
- Moonchild Tarot

Yep, there's that Devil with the addiction hahaha.

Going back and forth with self-control, having to focus on my choice and become sovereign in my power. Knowing and holding on to the knowledge I will feel SO much better once I'm through this.
Important to go back to and listen to my heart whenever I find it difficult. Again in a way the message it might not be easy to take this leap and step into the new.
Emperor says I need to have and keep strength, structure might help, finding new structure / routines as well I suppose.

Overall I think important to not only come from willpower but also the heart, feeling I'm worth it, thinking about my health, caring about myself etc.

If someone sees something different... feel free to post!
Old 02-09-2020, 02:01 PM
Experiencer

The Fool-
Noticing the process.
At some point, maybe in a week or so you start noticing these weird things.
Instead of focusing on the "god i can't smoke even though i crave it soooo much", you start noticing how good the material plane smells like, tastes like.
You start feeling comfortable in your body because you're not trying to gasp for air all the time.
Exercising starts feeling awesome instead of hell.
All in all, there are so many positive things that come from quitting, your whole life changes, your mood gets better (once you are over the mood swings)
Focus on the positive. It makes you not want to start ever again.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:08 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I drew 3 cards yesterday for how it will go for me. I quit Monday last, so right now going through day 3.
I'm doing okay but I do get these danged cravings at times! Just the habit of sucking that smoke in, filling my lungs with it etc. I have nicotine patches so that dip is quite well taken care of.

My 3 cards:
The Devil - The Fool - The Emperor
- Moonchild Tarot

Yep, there's that Devil with the addiction hahaha.

Going back and forth with self-control, having to focus on my choice and become sovereign in my power. Knowing and holding on to the knowledge I will feel SO much better once I'm through this.
Important to go back to and listen to my heart whenever I find it difficult. Again in a way the message it might not be easy to take this leap and step into the new.
Emperor says I need to have and keep strength, structure might help, finding new structure / routines as well I suppose.

Overall I think important to not only come from willpower but also the heart, feeling I'm worth it, thinking about my health, caring about myself etc.

If someone sees something different... feel free to post!

Woohoo well done for taking such a big step in quitting. It gets easier after day 3 as the physical addiction to nicotine is over (yep, literally takes 3 days to rid your system of it).
The psychological addiction takes a lot longer, keep your hands busy is the best advice I can give you.

I think the cards you got are fab. To me they say bye bye addiction, hello fresh start (think of the RWS Fool, he's breathing in that lovely fresh air), Emperor suggests winning the battle.

Keep going, you're doing great.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
The Fool-
Noticing the process.
At some point, maybe in a week or so you start noticing these weird things.
Instead of focusing on the "god i can't smoke even though i crave it soooo much", you start noticing how good the material plane smells like, tastes like.
You start feeling comfortable in your body because you're not trying to gasp for air all the time.
Exercising starts feeling awesome instead of hell.
All in all, there are so many positive things that come from quitting, your whole life changes, your mood gets better (once you are over the mood swings)
Focus on the positive. It makes you not want to start ever again.
Thank you, and the health thing is my main reason to quit for sure!
My lungs weren't too happy, haven't been for a long time to be honest, and it was getting worse.
The improved sense of smell was already noticeable by the end of day 1 believe it or not, and more so on day 2.
Not always pleasant, hahaha. Like my fave fabric softener... it's actually quite overwhelming, lol. And my dank cupboard under the stairs stinks worse now than before hihi.

I will keep focusing on the positive, the better health, secretly hoping it'll help alleviate my chronic issues, and a holiday to Scotland! Of course the latter means putting away money that I normally spent on tobacco.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
Woohoo well done for taking such a big step in quitting. It gets easier after day 3 as the physical addiction to nicotine is over (yep, literally takes 3 days to rid your system of it).
The psychological addiction takes a lot longer, keep your hands busy is the best advice I can give you.

I think the cards you got are fab. To me they say bye bye addiction, hello fresh start (think of the RWS Fool, he's breathing in that lovely fresh air), Emperor suggests winning the battle.

Keep going, you're doing great.
Yeah, I know it takes 48 hrs to get out of your system. That's what kept me from quitting before --> I've quit earlier and remember how I felt those first days. HORRIBLE in capitals, haha.
So this time I'm using patches. I haven't got that zombie state now. I do notice nicotine levels are lower but I've not dipped so badly.

I LOVE your interpretation!! It brought tears to my eyes, hihi.
And yes, I'm quite certain I will win the battle: I've kept the full ashtray from Sunday, the last day I smoked. Sometimes I smell it. It makes me wanna puke, hihi. Same with the last crumbs of rolling tobacco I kept. I sometimes smell it. Normally they advise that cos it can help fulfil the desire so you don't light one. But... the smell also makes me wanna puke. It's utterly disgusting!
I don't smell the nice scent of tobacco, I actually only smell a gross chemical scent? Even if I had thought of lighting another one, the smell of that has me cured again, haha.
It's not even 3 full days but already I cannot believe I have smoked that stinking **** for almost 37 yrs.
In my head it still feels and tastes good. But I'm sure that will fade. How long did that take for you, as I take it you have smoked and quit as well?

I'm glad with the cards, did you too notice they're all MA?! So it IS a big thing I guess. And yes, after almost 4 decades it is.

Again thank you for your interpretation!! Really helps me lots!
Old 02-09-2020, 06:46 PM
55Degrees

I quit 14 years ago after and bought myself a car with the money I saved. I crocheted, knitted, did origami......anything to work through the agitation of not having a cigarette in my hand.
Alas 5 years later I succumbed to it again and still smoke (once an addict, always an addict ).
I do plan on quitting again when I'm in the right headspace, cos I do truly believe you have to quit in your head before you physically quit.
But anyways, well done, I'll be your cheerleader
And as for the cards, hey, you know me. .....straight to the point
Old 02-09-2020, 09:41 PM
ant

Welcome to the void and get use to it.

I used a herbal substitute myself that doesn't contain nicotine and found it took 5days before cravings started to subside.

I also found it took 3mnths before the nagging monkey mind quietened down completely.

There are alot of triggers to be mindful about where the mind wants a smoke ie:after a coffee,with a drink,after a meal,unconscious stress,excitement,etc etc.

And regards stress,there will be situations that arise that will press the buttons.

Worth looking back and seeing why you smoked in the first place and all those triggers you've built along the way.

The smoker aka the ego aka the false identity,it will hang on for dear life.

I found anyway.

It's a hard habit to break and harder than heroin,and i've done and quit heroin as well in the past.

Resolute in mind,bares the fruit.

Good luck.: )
Old 04-09-2020, 10:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Welcome to the void and get use to it.

I used a herbal substitute myself that doesn't contain nicotine and found it took 5days before cravings started to subside.

I also found it took 3mnths before the nagging monkey mind quietened down completely.

There are alot of triggers to be mindful about where the mind wants a smoke ie:after a coffee,with a drink,after a meal,unconscious stress,excitement,etc etc.

And regards stress,there will be situations that arise that will press the buttons.

Worth looking back and seeing why you smoked in the first place and all those triggers you've built along the way.

The smoker aka the ego aka the false identity,it will hang on for dear life.

I found anyway.

It's a hard habit to break and harder than heroin,and i've done and quit heroin as well in the past.

Resolute in mind,bares the fruit.

Good luck.: )
I have indeed understood it takes 3 months for the habit to dissipate.
With coffee is going okay, I got another problem: coffee has begun to taste horrible. I have always been a coffee nut, loads of coffee a day (too much) so I guess I'm going to shift to tea after all. Not that I want to, I never liked tea much, but if the alternative don't taste nice... it really leaves a gross taste in my mouth.

All in all it's going really well, today is day 5. I am very happy with those patches. Advice is to keep going with these stronger ones -finish them off- but she's already ordered the step two with lower dosage nicotine. So in a few weeks I'll start with those to ween myself off.

What you say is a good one: when you're excited. I noticed in the past that whenever I felt enthused about something -including online for instance a topic on a forum- I found myself rolling another ciggie, hihi.
And I had a moment like that 2 days ago too.

Anywho... going well!
Old 04-09-2020, 04:39 PM
55Degrees

Yep, coffee and cigs go hand in hand (literally).
If you're not a big lover of tea have you tried cold infusions? They're a fruit tea that you can drink cold (duh! Obviously, sorry) or try some herbal teas. I love my coffee but I do enjoy a good herbal or fruit tea as an alternative.
There used to be an independent herbalist shop near me and they used to make the most amazing tea blends. Unfortunately it's now gone (as is the last of my tea from there) but there are plenty online.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:08 PM
Master
Yeah, I will likely indeed end up drinking more tea and then it sure as heck be a great mix or fruit tea.
When my friends from the UK come over they want English tea -of course, haha. I cannot bear to drink that. Kind of funny because as a child I always drank regular tea (the mixes & fruit teas didn't really exist yet I don't think?) WITH milk and sugar. But now... I cannot stomach it.
Not sure if I'd like cold infusions. I've never had it, but with winter coming up fast I want hot stuff :p

It is odd as I had not expected this. I thought the coffee & cig thing was only about craving a cig when you drank coffee. I am fine in that sense. It just doesn't taste great anymore, at least for now.

I also suddenly felt like going out just now :o I haven't had that in yonks. As in from end of 2017 when my budding relationship fell apart. Maybe also to do with peri-menopause which started in 2018. That did mess up my inspiration quite good haha. As if someone flicked a switch, poofff gone!!

Anywho... I just gotta keep at it for now :)
Gaining weight is currently my biggest worry....
I may draw a few cards on that, come to think of it.