Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-09-2020, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Mediumship for me personally means......

discuss

........... being able to channel somebody on the other side.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
........... being able to channel somebody on the other side.

Is that something you do for you or is it a service you provide for someone else?
Old 02-09-2020, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Is that something you do for you or is it a service you provide for someone else?
....... provide for someone else.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
....... provide for someone else.

And for me that's key.

Mediumship is a service you provide for the benefit of others - communication from loved ones in spirit, teaching from spirit guides or healing as examples. But communicating with spirit individuals for one's personal benefit isn't mediumship based on what I learned three and a half decades ago.

I am very aware, though, that many may not see things so simply as I do but I totally acknowledge their right to see trans-dimensional communication in whatever way they choose.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
And for me that's key.

Mediumship is a service you provide for the benefit of others - communication from loved ones in spirit, teaching from spirit guides or healing as examples. But communicating with spirit individuals for one's personal benefit isn't mediumship based on what I learned three and a half decades ago.

I am very aware, though, that many may not see things so simply as I do but I totally acknowledge their right to see trans-dimensional communication in whatever way they choose.

NICE COMMENTS!

............ as usual!

Old 04-09-2020, 05:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
NICE COMMENTS!

............ as usual!

thank you
Old 04-09-2020, 09:01 AM
Deactivated Account
While this thread is still active I'm going to take the opportunity to make certain points I've often made. They're not intended to be adversarial or provocative but they may make thinkers consider them and come back with their reactions. Here goes....

The way I understand mediumship is that it's the facilitation of communication of some kind from individuals unseen in the etheric dimension(s) to individuals in this physical world.

Mediumship can furnish teaching and guidance from spiritually-evolved guides and teachers - 'philosophical mediumship'.

Mediumship can bring reassurance and evidence of the continued existence in spirit of family, friends and others - 'evidential mediumship'.

Mediumship can provide healing or healing help for a wide range of conditions - 'healing mediumship'.

There may be others but the above are the more common ones. The mode of mediumship eg clairyoyance, clairaudience is much less important than the benefits it brings - mediumship provides a service for a third party.

I could go on to detail what's not the mediumship I understand but that's less important and can be inferred. When anyone says "I'm a medium." then I will be expecting her/him to be working in one or more ways to those I've outlined.