Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-10-2020, 04:52 PM
Experiencer
Regarding my birth father?

I have a question really regarding my birth father.
I know he is in spirit, having been born in 1911.
For many years I've been trying to find out the year he passed away and where. I've scoured the Internet to no avail.
What are the possibilities of being able to be given this information by a medium?
Unfortunately, I have no photo of him, although, my late mother described him well.
Many thanks
Tricia x
Old 05-10-2020, 05:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
For many years I've been trying to find out the year he passed away and where. I've scoured the Internet to no avail.
What are the possibilities of being able to be given this information by a medium?
Unfortunately, I have no photo of him, although, my late mother described him well.
Many thanks
Tricia x

There IS a possibility but it's a long shot....

Mediums don't tap into sources of information even if there were any.

The information you seek could come only from someone who knows the details and you would still need to establish the veracity of anything you were given in such a way.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:19 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Hi Tricia, when you write you have scoured the internet - does it include ancestry (free of charge 14 days)?One has to work like a detective and search piece by piece, if you know parents or siblings name or military or anything else it could help. You also have to consider that they weren't so precise in those days regarding the spelling of the last name, but maybe you know this already. When I did my own search it was all a surprise to me and I had learn step by step. It was not as if all date was collected in one, everything was scattered.

I'm sorry I don't know what chances are to find it out through a medium, but hopefully someone can help you.

I lost contact with my dad because of my parents split and we then lived in different countries and he would claim he did not know where i was, but i had trouble finding his address too but finally thought i did - and send him a letter, and I thought we lived in the same country then but we didn't. So much time went on it was painful for me thinking he had gotten the letter and would not even reply, wanting to see me for just an hour or so. Made me feel unloved and not pretty.

Then suddenly there was a letter from him describing how happy he was to get my letter and him calling, and he would jump on a ship to get to me, and finally as we saw each other . he stood outside waiting after school everything burst inside me and I knew it was him and we rushed in each other's arms. He never let me go after that.

Later he would tell me when he heard the song by Rod Stewart "I am sailing" - which is what he had to do - to see me again it reminded him a great deal of him coming to see me. At the time I was a teenager and only thought it was a song for children and paid no attention to it, Now as an adult I can listen to it and being a parent myself I have better understanding for the lyric and have ended up crying several times when listening to it, but it is tears of joy, knowing he cared. He is no longer with us.

The break up of my parents was because my dad had cheated on my mom and she left taking me with her and was filled with wantings of revenge but not realizing she let me pay a high price too. She would say she thought I would forget about him, but I never did. It was not until later I found out - by my mom's confession - that he had begged her to give me to him, but she refused - those days there was no half custody terms, and it automatically went to the mom. I loved both my parents and don't carry bitterness, I knew they were just people - people in pain. My mom would also later say she had always thought he was a really good dad, so she knew what she did hurt him real bad. And I grew up for years thinking my dad had stopped loving me and had forgotten me. Never mind my pain. I think it took years for my parents to heal or at least somewhat after their broken love story and the aftermath of it.

The bottom line was I for years thought I did not matter to my dad when he in fact had always loved me very much.

Considering your dad was born in 1911 he had close to no fatherly rights - which in my opinion should have been a crime done to both the men and the children. Then again I believe parents need help when they split, as children are caught in the middle, the parents are often in so much pain.

I don't know your case, but just want to tell you that regardless if a medium can fish up correct date it might from an emotional point of view, to get closure, to know you mattered.

You could also try on youtube meditation on how to connect with a loved one in spirit, if you believe in that sort of thing.

As a spirit before coming here I think your father chose you as his child and you him as your father - and this is so special. Know you are special and loved by him in spirit

Many thanks for your reply. How lovely things turned out the way they did for you, it was very uplifting.

I spent my first 2 to 3 years with my father and mother. My late mother told me quite a lot about him, she could see him in me.

I have no idea what happened between the 2 of them and what caused the separation.
However, I do know, he tried desperately to contact her in the early 60'. Many letters were addressed to my mother and sent to her parents home asking if they could be forwarded on to her.

Apparently all the letters were destroyed by her family. During this time she and I were living in the UK.

Quite a sad story really.

I've used Ancestry and a few other sites and traced him up until around the late 1950's.

I even came across the grave of my father's parents (my grandparents)

I know he comes around me and has on a few occasions came through during a mediumship reading.

I'm happy but obviously, I'd love to find his place of rest, even though I know his spirit lives on and a grave is just a grave.

Thank you for your kind words x
Old 06-10-2020, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Many thanks for your reply. How lovely things turned out the way they did for you, it was very uplifting.

I spent my first 2 to 3 years with my father and mother. My late mother told me quite a lot about him, she could see him in me.

I have no idea what happened between the 2 of them and what caused the separation.
However, I do know, he tried desperately to contact her in the early 60'. Many letters were addressed to my mother and sent to her parents home asking if they could be forwarded on to her.

Apparently all the letters were destroyed by her family. During this time she and I were living in the UK.

Quite a sad story really.

I've used Ancestry and a few other sites and traced him up until around the late 1950's.

I even came across the grave of my father's parents (my grandparents)

I know he comes around me and has on a few occasions came through during a mediumship reading.

I'm happy but obviously, I'd love to find his place of rest, even though I know his spirit lives on and a grave is just a grave.

Thank you for your kind words x

There's a site, findagrave.com that ice found helpful.

Best wishes

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 06-10-2020, 03:40 PM
Experiencer
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
There's a site, findagrave.com that ice found helpful.

Best wishes
Thank you Moon Glow, I have used it, also a search burials Belfast site. Searched each year from 1960's to 2000'
I did find one person with the same name, however, when I ordered the certificate, the date of birth didn't match x
Old 20-10-2020, 04:32 PM
Master

You could try FamilySearch. It's run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is a very honorable effort.

If all still fails, I will try to help you find the information you seek by more direct spiritual means. What you are doing is a matter of the heart and I have great sympathy with you.
Old 20-10-2020, 07:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Many thanks
Tricia x

Hi Tricia, I am quite apt at Ancestor tracing, I have gotten back hundreds of years with my Family some to the 1400s, if you would like me to help you I will try but you will have to trust me with some personal info :. Your Dad's name, place of Birth and obviously His DOB....

PM if you would like some help but I will understand if you don't want to give personal info:
Old 21-10-2020, 04:42 PM
Experiencer
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
You could try FamilySearch. It's run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is a very honorable effort.

If all still fails, I will try to help you find the information you seek by more direct spiritual means. What you are doing is a matter of the heart and I have great sympathy with you.

Many thanks, it is indeed a matter of my heart ♥
Old 21-10-2020, 04:44 PM
Experiencer
First of all many thanks for your replies and apologies for only just replying.
As I'm sure you are/were aware, the site had technical issues for a while x
Old 21-10-2020, 08:36 PM
Master
Quote:
First of all many thanks for your replies and apologies for only just replying.
As I'm sure you are/were aware, the site had technical issues for a while x

Tricia, check your PM's please.