Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-09-2020, 07:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Overcome by emotions when in certain locations. What causes this?

Sometimes I get hesitant to write on sites like these because a lot of what I experience could be written off as normal. "Yeah man, a lot of people feel that way. It's not strange."

Granted, the people I know in person do not have these experiences, let me explain.

I'm not some empath or any other type of "path". I'm not even a particularly emotional person, but what I experience is something else.

Today I was driving through this little neighborhood that had all of the necessary ingredients to create what I was feeling. The weather was quite cool and breezy (Something that, for however long has had a big impact on my mood, I don't know why), the homes were these small suburban houses on a small street, it was sunny out and all of a sudden this mood came over me.

It was as though I'd lived there before. This insane nostalgia or euphoria. Dare I say another life where I lived in an environment like this?

I'm having a very hard time putting this into words because it is so hard to explain.

Have you ever looked at a photograph of a snowy cabin in the woods? Maybe a quaint apartment building in the city? Some place that resonates with "You" and you feel as though that is where you belong. Now amplify that by 100. That is how I feel.

It was as though I belonged in this place, maybe in another timeline or universe I'd lived there?

Now here's the strange part. My father died 2 years ago and from time to time I drive by my old home. This was MUCH larger, not quaint or tiny, but when I drive past I am overcome with emotions. "Oh my god, I used to live here. That window lit up used to be my room!". It is so powerful that I force myself to become numb because the energy is so arresting.

Does any of this make sense to you? Simply put, there is energy I pick up on, much like that of my old house - but in places where I've never lived... yet I feel like I belong there.

Come to think of it (Regarding the first line of my post).... I really don't know anyone that feels this was. Am I a freak? Too emotional? LOL
Old 18-09-2020, 09:27 PM
Administrator
No you are not a freak at all.you could be having past life feelings as you go through certain places.
A past life regressionist could help you here,and put things into perspective for you.

Namaste
Old 21-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy92l
Does any of this make sense to you? Simply put, there is energy I pick up on, much like that of my old house - but in places where I've never lived... yet I feel like I belong there.

Come to think of it (Regarding the first line of my post).... I really don't know anyone that feels this was. Am I a freak? Too emotional? LOL
Hey Newbie, you're a total basket case so get yourself some nice medication. But seriously.....

People leave behind energetic imprints when they live in a place for any length of time, and because you're emotionally sensitive you're resonating with those energies. Emotions are energy in motion e-motion if you like to play on words. While it's possible that it's triggering a Past Life memory I wouldn't have thought it too likely, it's more of a present energy thing. I'd also hazard a guess that you're very intuitive - which is obvious but I had to mention it - or you're clair-something and I'd guess clairsentient or claircognizant. Everybody has the potential to be a 'clair' and what you're talking about here is in the same 'frequency waveband'. Go visit a medium and see what the or she has to say, or hit the mediumship section. A clairsentient medium is especially prone to feelings and emotions, and they tend to hit really hard.

The looking at a photograph or other object and getting something from it is called "psychometry" if you want to Google it, it's classed as a psychic ability and all mediums are are psychic anyway - but not all psychics are mediums. Some people are energy-sensitive to that stage where they can want to run from a place because it resonates with them in ways they simply can't deal with.

I'm clairsentient and an energy/emotion person so what you're saying makes perfect sense to me.