Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Closed Thread

Old 23-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Lady Raven

Dean Koontz, Sole Survivor
Old 23-08-2006, 03:24 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
Have you ever heard of Jonathan Livingston Seagull? Richard Bach wrote that before The Bridge Across Forever; Jonathan is the book that made him famous. The Bridge Across Forever is an autobiographical book about him looking for that 'perfect woman.' It's about him looking for and finding a soulmate who will change his life. It's essentially a love story with concepts of spirituality woven through it.

A good book is like an old friend. You can pick it up whenever you need a 'pick-me-up'

Hi Mother Goose,

I have heard of Jonathan Livingston Seagull but when you first said the name, I immediately had the impression of a celebrity or something. Regardless, I have heard that name somewhere before.

Anyway, they seem to be very interesting books and should I get the opportunity, I will obtain a copy. Thanks for your comments, Kundalini.
Old 30-08-2006, 09:08 PM
BLAIR2BE

I Am Now Looking For A good FICTION That Encompasses Spiritual Awakening, Astral Projection, Soul Energy And Reincarnation, Or Somthing Of The Sort. Anyone Know Of Such A Book (good Book)?
Old 31-08-2006, 09:02 PM
lumas

Hi sandy i have read all the conversation with god series ansd they are inspireing(sorry my spelling is awful) God bless you...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:14 AM
Knower
the time of wheel series by Robert Jordan...or Lord Loss by Darren Shan
Old 02-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Knower
"Roadcraft - The Police Motorcyclist's Handbook"

Not very spiritual, but good advice for staying alive!

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 05-09-2006, 06:46 PM
developing1

Just started the book Spiritual unfoldment 1 by an evolved spirit by the name of White Eagle

very informative so far!

best wishes

developing1
Old 05-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Administrator
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
Have you ever heard of Jonathan Livingston Seagull? Richard Bach wrote that before The Bridge Across Forever; Jonathan is the book that made him famous. The Bridge Across Forever is an autobiographical book about him looking for that 'perfect woman.' It's about him looking for and finding a soulmate who will change his life. It's essentially a love story with concepts of spirituality woven through it.

A good book is like an old friend. You can pick it up whenever you need a 'pick-me-up'

Good books!
I found "The Bridge Across Forever" at the beginning of last year - it was a wonderfully helpful and hopeful book that kept me believing in love and soulmates after having experienced the painful end of a tempestuous relationship in 2004.
I read Jonathan Seagull afterward - that was an interesting and inspiring book in it's own way.
But The Bridge Across Forever spoke to me more loudly, and it was during reading the book over a couple of months, I found my own 'Leslie Parrish'!
I've tried to find other allegorical books about soulmates, but haven't yet found one that compares to this one...
...Sigh...
Mortality is as fragile as a Rose.
(From a note found on an Altar next to a single red Rose, signed by "The Goth Bride")
Love is the most important thing in the world...
http://www.devolution.co.uk | http://www.mattwarne.com | http://www.voluptas.info
Old 19-09-2006, 08:42 AM
rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
I Am Now Looking For A good FICTION That Encompasses Spiritual Awakening, Astral Projection, Soul Energy And Reincarnation, Or Somthing Of The Sort. Anyone Know Of Such A Book (good Book)?

hi blair. have you read The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield? The Tenth Insight is another good book by him.

strangely enough, a series of fictional books that helped change me and the way i look at things for the better were The Clan of the Cave Bear Series by Jean M Auel. Ayla, the main character made such an impact on me and how i respond to the world. the early books are fascinating if you are interested by archeology and anthropology etc. later in the series, Ayla realises her true potential and calling in life. first as a herbal healer and then as a shaman.

oh and then there's Paulo Coelho. start off with The Alchemist.

:) i hope you find some good reads. fiction can be a powerful way to learn spiritually.
Old 19-09-2006, 08:43 AM
rose

mother goose....i love jonathan livingston seagull! i haven't read anything else by richard bach yet. will hunt it out :)
Closed Thread