Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Experiencer
I have a question....
m still reading the book
and i am at step 2 ....which says......u must feel that what you desire is already yours...............

but whenever i feel this way.................i always.reap...opposite results......
has anybody else experienced this....??
Old 07-06-2011, 05:24 PM
ivy71983

This happened to me also. Do you think its because you do not really believe it deep down? Its one thing to think it and another to actually believe it is yours. My problem is i let time intefer meaning i always ask "when" will it literally be mines. Is this what you mean?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus
I have a question....
m still reading the book
and i am at step 2 ....which says......u must feel that what you desire is already yours...............

but whenever i feel this way.................i always.reap...opposite results......
has anybody else experienced this....??

It sounds like you are defining what you want in terms of what you don't want.

"I don't want to be poor any more" no matter how hard you affirm this it will always manifest hardship.

"I don't want another lame boyfriend." Same thing.

One of my favorites was a lady I know who's car was always falling apart. She just drove around saying "thank you for my new car" and in about two months was given a car that ran well.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Time

First, ive only seen the movie, not read the book....

second

I have only one thing to say about it....

The secret, while intriging, misses out on a huge huge point..

Nothing in nature, will ever, under any circumstances, benefit without giving back. Everything benefits only when it gives back tot he system. Nature works with closed loops, not straight lines. Asking, and getting things, you will inevitably have to give back. Einstien gave back, so did many others mentioned.

I think for it to work, you have to be willing to give back to society, or make the world a better place....
Old 08-06-2011, 03:07 AM
ivy71983

Good point Time. I kinda got that from the book (or maybe it was just common knowledge to me, lol) when it focused on the difference between sacraficing and just simply doing for others without regret. Meaning if you give someone 20 bucks and complain about having to do it its considered sacraficing and theres no meaning to it but if you do so and are happy about it it means more.
Old 15-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivy71983
Have any of you read the book "The Secret"? OMG . . . . it really opened my eyes to the law of attraction and how my thought patterns have created the direction my life has gone! Ive been going to Barnes and Noble to read it (when i receive money i will definitely purcahace it) and it made me realize alot about the way i think and how it relates to what has occured in my life. Anyone who has doubts or negative thoughts should definately read this book. Has any of you experienced a better life after reading this book?

You could always go to

http://www.thesecret.tv/living.html#SCROLLS

and sign up to receive periodic email messages.

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 27-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Bev

Half way through the book as i speak.....certainly made me stop and think about how i choose my thoughts and feelings.Ive started using it to prevent migraines .....and so far ive not had any after having them 3 times a wk......jury is out on whether its my changed way of thinking or not,,lol
Old 29-07-2011, 04:41 PM
A.J.M

I've heard some positives and negatives about it but I haven't read it though. Sounds like any number of self help books detailing the think, act, say philosophy to have good things happen. I think it can be away for people to avoid acceptance of what is.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:37 PM
flyingunicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
I'm always looking for a book to read!
Who is the author?

i don't know if you're into shamanism but definately recommend "way of the shaman " by michael harner and "women who run with the wolves" by clarissa pinkola