Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 02-11-2020, 07:53 AM
Master

Oneness and the False Democracy

Some lines which came to me this morning, I quite liked the sound of them, maybe they will spark an idea or two or not as the case may be. Best Regards, Joe.

Oneness is not like Democracy, Elusive. Oneness is everywhere to be seen, Democracy is nowhere to be seen. With this knowledge strive for Democracy on earth, play with it, and see what you can do, because oneness is a fact of reality and he who is destined to intuit oneness is blessed indeed. Striving for Heaven on Earth is a good goal. The fact that it is here already gives us a head start and if we can get out of our own way we will surely see that love is the force that brings about a deep seated happiness which cannot be shaken. Conquests there are many, power lusts and delusion are great here on earth but they are insubstantial as compared to oneness. Actually they are much less than insubstantial and yet we remain imprisoned to them. Step outside what remains ?

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 05-11-2020, 06:25 AM
Master

oneness and democaracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Some lines which came to me this morning, I quite liked the sound of them, maybe they will spark an idea or two or not as the case may be. Best Regards, Joe.

Oneness is not like Democracy, Elusive. Oneness is everywhere to be seen, Democracy is nowhere to be seen.
You need to see the forum discussion to understand how elusive and challenging even oneness/non-duality can be .

Quote:
With this knowledge strive for Democracy on earth, play with it, and see what you can do, because oneness is a fact of reality and he who is destined to intuit oneness is blessed indeed. Striving for Heaven on Earth is a good goal. The fact that it is here already gives us a head start and if we can get out of our own way we will surely see that love is the force that brings about a deep seated happiness which cannot be shaken. Conquests there are many, power lusts and delusion are great here on earth but they are insubstantial as compared to oneness. Actually they are much less than insubstantial and yet we remain imprisoned to them. Step outside what remains ?

Democracy as the spirit of ruling authority working for the smaller people welfare and upliftment as propounded by the likes of Lincoln and Cromewell is great and supreme . There can not be doubt that it is even with oneness nature of reality .

However operationally over a period of time it is experience that it deviates from this spirit and is more focused to majority / minority, debates without action , media manipulation, lobbies , limited foresight (just enough for current rule), elections etc with sole attention and effort spent on all these with little time and energy left for real spirit of the democracy (working for the benefit of people) . And onlooker can easily observe it system 'by few for the few and of the few" . This needs reform according to me .

On the contrary we may see where democracy is not there as a system/method of governance but it is still present as a guiding principle of governance , it has succeeded greatly because its just the way how reality works and supports its working . It (reality) is not slave of concepts and ideologies especially if its not in consonance with its own working methodology.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:17 PM
Knower

There is not a single day when I let those people from photos look at me from above electric whires in town.
I know how it feels, they need to like you..
Old 15-11-2020, 01:10 AM
MAYA EL

You say oneness is every where yet it is only in the minds of those who believe in it
Old 15-11-2020, 07:02 AM
Master
Quote:

Oneness is not like Democracy, Elusive. Oneness is everywhere to be seen, Democracy is nowhere to be seen. With this knowledge strive for Democracy on earth, play with it, and see what you can do, because oneness is a fact of reality and he who is destined to intuit oneness is blessed indeed. Striving for Heaven on Earth is a good goal. The fact that it is here already gives us a head start and if we can get out of our own way we will surely see that love is the force that brings about a deep seated happiness which cannot be shaken. Conquests there are many, power lusts and delusion are great here on earth but they are insubstantial as compared to oneness. Actually they are much less than insubstantial and yet we remain imprisoned to them. Step outside what remains ?

Oneness resonates with Theocracy. We talk about putting our trust in to the 'hands' of the Universe but........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 15-11-2020, 08:26 PM
Guide
Quote:
You say oneness is every where yet it is only in the minds of those who believe in it

Sadly and hilariously true.

I come from a spiritual tradition that takes the individual passed a certain point in perception and enters the field of non-dual clarity. As a practitioner I would elucidate that both Democracy and the idea of One-ness are both based within binary dualistic perception, being that the nature of both are conceptions within a perception that is trapped from entering the area of non-conception. Lol.
Old 17-11-2020, 06:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Oneness resonates with Theocracy. We talk about putting our trust in to the 'hands' of the Universe but........

Yes indeed. For some it is a continual ebbing and flowing ..surrendering of the will and taking it back. Although even that description sounds a bit harsh. My friend told me years ago about the image of the Tiger's Jaws. You are probably familiar with the image, but once the aspirant, spiritual seeker embarks upon a journey to know God etc. then it is said that they have placed their head inside the Tiger's jaws and there is no way back as such I think the analogy stems from the Indian tradition John but i could be wrong. Joe.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 17-11-2020, 06:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
Sadly and hilariously true.

I come from a spiritual tradition that takes the individual passed a certain point in perception and enters the field of non-dual clarity. As a practitioner I would elucidate that both Democracy and the idea of One-ness are both based within binary dualistic perception, being that the nature of both are conceptions within a perception that is trapped from entering the area of non-conception. Lol.

Yes I see what you mean Democracy is a big idea as you know but so is compassion and justice and equality. I was think I was pointing at one level were us humans seem to fall short, fail to feed the whole of the world etc. and are involved in useless wars etc. Somehow I was taking these ideas and pitting them or comparing them against the idea of wholeness, oneness or unity which seems ever present as a screen perhaps on which the projection of righteousness or ignorance is cast. Although teachers such as Nisagardatta and his disciples have hinted that when illusion is seen through that it is alot less probable for the man who has 'Seen' to go war easily or to hoard wealth unnecessarily. Again, just some more ideas as you say Thanks. Joe.

Old 18-11-2020, 02:24 AM
Guide
Hi Joe!
Quote:
Democracy is a big idea as you know but so is compassion and justice and equality

I'm not arguing but lol just wanted to add to this; I agree and also compassion, justice, etc... these are intentions more than ideas, no?

If we practice they are intentions. If we conceptualize they are ideas.

There's a special space where all object and subject share the same nature. Reduce the field of perceived and perceiver into a special non-conceptual essential space and the awareness (what we all are) begins to transcend dualism and see reality outside of our brain's hijacked conceptual construct of reality.
Old 18-11-2020, 07:49 AM
Master

No me neither, arguing i mean, When you answered MAYA EL's post I actually thought you were answering me. mistakenly I thought MAYA EL's post was a line from my original post lololol...See oneness is at work !!! A comedy of errors.
Well i've always been fairly aware that 'Reality' can't be adequately described through words anyway, concepts, intentions or any other agency of that kind. Perhaps its a concept perhaps an intention. Nice distinction though. The most we can do, and you may be sick of hearing this is allude to what might be there, we can use words to point to. And yet we could say this place, this garden of Eden, this true place of democracy, nirvana, moksha is there and we are subtlely and overtly attracted to it and either push it away from us completely and bury it or are behested for life to search and find it ?
As you say allude to yourself a special space where subject and object distinction becomes non dual. Thanks for the reply hope you are well