Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 02-08-2020, 06:52 PM
Elfin

...I know how hard a desision to close the forum was in the first place. Very difficult. And many people were saddened . But none more than all of you beautiful people behind the scenes. If there Was any way to keep it going then that would be wonderful. So many people have been brought together. And if it is decided that despite everything it still has to close , then that would be respected too. I don't have a lot of money , but I would very happily set up a direct debit to pay a modest amount of money each month to help with admin costs. Love to all concerned...xx
Old 02-08-2020, 06:55 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
Hello everyone. Just a quick note to say the admin is discussing the option to keep this going! Please continue posting and supporting!

Reading through the comments, it is clear this site means so much to so many. I feel it would be devastating to close it down right now. I see this more now than ever.

Thank you all.

Hello annonafox,

You have such a beautiful soul. First time I read you.

If money is an issue, I am willing also as says Big John to donate also $250.

This place cannot be recreated elsewhere IMHO. And the world needs a centre to rest and exchange.

Regards.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:04 PM
Master
It's very kind to want to try to keep it open, annonafox, thank you :heart:

I only ask that you make the decision that is right for you in every way.

Much love... K

Old 02-08-2020, 07:05 PM
Newbie ;)

This is fantastic news to hear!

A big yip-eeeee from me :-)
Old 02-08-2020, 07:08 PM
Master
I never knew matt, i didnt turn up here because of him, and id say ive been here a good decade or more. the very fact someone ive never known, has produced connections for me in so many ways, helped me have a space to grow and be real, and never even entered my actual existence, is an energy worth keeping, in always, all ways x and if i can help atall, idbe happy to x

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 02-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Ascender
Whatever decision is made, I fully support it. The most important thing is the happiness for everyone involved, especially those maintaining the forums.

Should you decide to keep the forum open but need help with donations, or time, please let me know. I want help any way I can. Thank you.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:18 PM
Experiencer
The Great Library of Alexandria in Alexandria, Egypt, was one of the largest and most significant libraries of the ancient world. The Library was part of a larger research institution called the Mouseion, which was dedicated to the Muses, the nine goddesses of the arts. The loss of the ancient world's single greatest archive of knowledge, the Library of Alexandria, has been lamented for ages. The books at the library were divided into the following subjects: rhetoric, law, epic, tragedy, comedy, lyric poetry, history, medicine, mathematics, natural science, and miscellaneous. The library is believed to have housed between 200,000 and 700,000 books, divided between two library branches. It is said that it burned a couples of times actually and I won't go further in detail with this. The real tragedy of course is not the uncertainty of knowing who to blame for the Library's destruction but that so much of ancient history, literature and learning was lost forever. If you have seen the movie Black Panther with that realm of Wakanda... I think that world could have been our world right now, if all that knowledge would have not been lost.

And so... there were great things going on in the world back then when all these books and scrolls were written, just like all these threads and comments being made here. In the process, we learn, grow, help each other and so on, just as those people from 2000 years ago have researched everything and wrote it down. They did it because they know it has a build up effect, one thing leads to another, future generations will always be smarter than previous generations because everything is already ready for the new ones and it is their duty to keep climbing.

And the legacy of this forum that is left behind is not just an experience, but it is the spiritual modern version of Library of Alexandria. We should think of the future generations as well, those that right now are falling into a dark path, and one day they can end up on one of the posts of this forum, then browse around, make an account, and join the big family and use it as a crutch or an escape or a help or a guide or an unmatched knowledge source,.. endless reasons. There is no other place like this and there will not be, because this forum already has a certain vibe that when people join it, they understand it and just blend in. I was struggling to understand shadow work meditation few years ago, I did read articles and watched videos, but it wasn't until I found a thread on this forum with people who talked about it, that made me finally have an a-ha moment.

I could have gone in circles for a long time if it wasn't for this forum. We all know the impact it has on all our lives, but this impact will never end if it will keep being up forever, as new generations will come, and all the talks will become more refined as people who learn things from here will grow as parents and is rare to find parents these days to know many of the things being discussed in this forum. And with such parents, their children will be way more aware of a lot of things, and so it keeps growing from generation to generation. I think SF mission is just beginning.

I recommend a gofundme project and it could raise enough money to keep it stress free for a long time.

PS I received the explanation that the other admins do not want to sell it because it is immoral to sell it since it isn't their forum, but it was Matt's. They also cannot just give it away randomly to someone as maybe that someone might sell it. And to destroy all the forum data instead is also even worse in my opinion. Sure, they could sell it and open a foundation in Matt's name. Send missionaries all over the world who can teach meditation in schools, kindergardens.. do something in Matt's name. But this is also not what is going to happen. Then what? Is simply... trust! Choose trust, and not randomly. It takes years to form relations, and I am sure the admins can always promote some mods into admins, and some users into mods. The whole forum would be managed by multiple people, and always other people will pop up and take the place. Can something guarantee that in 60 years from now on it will not be sold? No. But will it be worth? To be online for this long.. to have such a great impact on the world and on so many people's lives. I know the answer. We all do.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:20 PM
Ascender
One thing I would hope for, if the forum is kept open is if we could find a way to bringing it back to the way it was originally intended.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:22 PM
hazada guess

This forum has literally been a life support for me since i found it a year and a half ago. I haven't met such a friendly bunch of people for a long time. I would be truly devastated if it were to end.
Sorry for being so dramatic, but that's the way I feel. Everyone gives each other support in their own way, especially during these times of hardship
I would be eternally grateful if you could somehow keep this site active.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:33 PM
Administrator
Hello to all who have replied! The outpouring is tremendous and has deeply touched my heart! Let me start by saying that I am 100% committed to keeping the site going. I am also very happy to keep paying the hosting fees. Donations are always lovely and welcomed, but please don't feel pressured at all. I don't mind covering all the costs where that is concerned. The most important thing for me is to sustain the site---which is clearly a beloved safe, educational, inspirational, and supportive place for so many.

I was telling admin that even if just a handful of people remain as time goes on, I'm realising SF live would remain a valued place. Sometimes just knowing "home" is there, even if you can't visit all the time, that is enough. In my heart, I feel Matt would agree. He was a very sentimental person---he saved little momentos, special books and letters. He had a very poetic, deep heart. Being back on the site, I start remembering that all over again. It would feel devastating to close down a place that has touched so many hearts.

I know there will be a lot of communication and work needed amongst the very dedicated admin, but please know I am supporting the site staying live and am very happy to continue the financial support for the desktop version we currently have. There has been some talk about creating a mobile-friendly version as well, and it is my understanding this is very expensive. Perhaps it won't be possible or even necessary. But even if we can only afford to maintain what currently is, I believe most would be ecstatic about that. Knowing how many people love this site, my heart would feel so much better continuing the effort to keep it here.

Thank you all for reaching out and expressing your love!