Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 16-12-2023, 01:45 AM
Knower

Can anybody shed light on this recurring dream?

I am hoping someone might shed some light on a perplexing recurring dream I’m having. Well, the dream itself isn’t recurring, but one aspect of each dream is.

I keep a dream diary, hence why I’m accurate with dates and details.

On Oct 9th I had a very vivid dream. One of my old classmates called Natalie, I’ve not seen or thought of since 1995, wrapped herself around me and told me how in love with me she was. She looked young, about 21, not how I’d expect her to look now aged 44. Our heads were touching and I felt a strong loving energy. There was such a sincere beauty and feeling to the brief interaction. I woke up thinking how lovely it was, how wonderful, intimate, and innocent it felt. I thought she was attractive at school, but didn’t have a particular crush on her. As I say, she hasn’t crossed my mind for nearly 30 years.

By the next day the dream was out of my mind, and I didn’t consciously think of it again. However, a month later on Nov 12th, I vividly dreamt I was walking down a corridor and she suddenly came out of the door I was walking towards. She looked about 21 again. She came straight at me, wrapped her arms tightly around me, and we kissed. I could feel the kiss, and I could feel an authentic sweet romantic intensity to it. She lifted her feet off the floor so as to tightly wrap all her limbs around me, to cling hard, and I could see she was bare-footed. It was very real and very enjoyable. This dwelled on my mind for a couple of days, but like before, I forgot about it.

Fast forward another month, til this morning, and there she is again. The same tiny frame, the dark bobbed hair, everything. She wrapped her arms tightly around me, and we briefly kissed. Again, the sense of sweet romance was strong. Natalie seems to genuinely really like me. This dream was slightly different in that Natalie's friend, who I didn't recognise and couldn''t name, began kissing me, and Natalie was in the background. I could feel Natalie was upset by this. The dream then ended.

Interestingly, dream 2 occurred one calendar month and three days after dream 1, and dream 3 also occurred one calendar month and three days after dream 2. Not sure if that’s significant or just pure coincidence. I'll report back on Jan 18th on dream 4 perhaps

These dreams, though brief, are vivid, and feel very real. I only have one rational explanation: that maybe she has passed to the spirit world, and maybe she liked me at school, and is visiting me in dreams. However, we never really spoke. She was just in my class. The dreams feel so sweet, flattering, and affectionate more than anything. It's not a sexual thing at all.

There’s another angle to this. These three dreams with Natalie only started since I’ve been going to a spiritualist church. There’s a medium in the open circle there who vaguely resembles Natalie, and at first I was intensely and inexplicably drawn to her for some reason. Her intense eyes I think it was. However, I didn’t think “she looks like Natalie from school”. I didn’t make that connection til very recently when I was analysing my dreams. Just thought I'd mention this.

It's also worth mentioning that for some reason, this year, I've dreamt of old school friends quite a lot. Some I've not thought of or seen since 1995. They appear, and fade again. But Natalie is recurring, and interacting with me romantically and affectionately.

Has anybody had an experience like this? Has anybody got any explanations or thoughts? I’m deeply intrigued. The dreams are not disturbing in any way. In fact, I’m really enjoying them because I feel like I’m 21 again, and feel the flush of youth and romantic infatuation in the dream. Something I’ve not felt for a very long time. I’m perplexed why it’s Natalie though. As I mentioned, I’ve not thought about or seen her for 30 years, and never crushed on her when I was at school.
Old 16-12-2023, 12:29 PM
Master
When I have had a feeling that someone from my past has gone to the other side,I look for name and any other info I may recall through google,that could lead to one answer.(I dreamt of an old friend of mine that I hadn't thought of for years,the next morning I discovered he had passed away,feels a bit wröng though sometimes googling to confirm something like that)
Old 16-12-2023, 01:00 PM
Knower

Thank you. I've tried that, but can't find anything. I suspect her name surname might be different through marriage.
Old 22-12-2023, 05:21 PM
Newbie ;)

It sounds as though somebody from the spiritualist church is attacking you.
Old 23-12-2023, 03:02 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painter4Life
It sounds as though somebody from the spiritualist church is attacking you.

With kisses, affection, and love?

Attack, I say!
Old 23-12-2023, 12:12 PM
Guide

Are you on a spiritual path? The name Natalie means the birth of Christ, or 'birthday of the Lord.' I'm wondering if the medium at the church is a symbol for the awakening of something else within you, with your childhood friend serving as the feeling of love or romance from something bigger? Is this something about connecting to the love within you?

I don't know about the calendar month, but 3 symbolises the trinity, as well as going beyond the duality of this world.

Ignore if this seems irrelevant, just going by my experience where name meanings are often very apt.
Old 23-12-2023, 03:10 PM
Knower

Thank you Hemera.

I began my spiritual path around May 2022 after the very painful loss of a close intimate friend opened up my heart and soul to grief, and then healing.

It's an ongoing path, and I've been going to a spiritualist church for around 4 or 5 months, and making noticeable progress there in the open circle. I've passed names, dates, and even a few messages on to others that have been remarkably accurate.

Funny you should mention Christ, because for some reason, I feel drawn towards the underlying principles of Christianity, and often find myself thinking along the lines of how Jesus would approach difficult situations (forgive them for they know not what they've done etc). Whilst not identifying as a Christian myself, I've come to believe that practicing Christian ethics is quite possibly the ultimate goal for our eternal souls, because by doing so, we've overcome the natural instincts of the human ego, and developed to another level. So I'm always very interested in the underlying philosophy of Christianity.

Regarding what you say about going beyond the duality of this world, until very recently, I didn't quite understand what that meant. But now I completely understand what that means, metaphysically speaking. I understand it to the extent that it seems ridiculously obvious, and can't understand how it isn't understood more widely.

You pose a pertinent question about this being something about connecting to the love within me. That's yet another area I've been working on, and understanding this past year or so. I feel deep down that I love myself very much. I'm very much able to give love to others because I have that in my heart to give. I'm able to say this so confidently because I now know it. I feel it so acutely, and practice it naturally. My ultimate ambition has something to do with reducing my working hours, relinquishing any notions of making lots of money, and helping others with what's important to them. I'm currently arranging the more fundamental aspects of my life (housing, reducing work hours, etc) in order to accommodate this higher purpose in life. In my view, helping others with genuine love behind it for no material gain is the most important thing in the world, and carries a value for everyone far greater than any material wealth could ever bring to myself. A value that includes truth, beauty, and goodness, and helps counteract the vast pain, negativity, and ugliness that's abundant all over the world. This is a view I've recently come into, and it feels like I've found myself at last. There's no fog or unconsciousness anymore.

It might be interesting to note that in the 7 sleeps since my original post, 5 of them have involved dreams with women showing me love, affection, or intimacy. Natalie was one of those 5 and was the most memorable and heartfelt dream, which means I've now had 4 dreams where Natalie has appeared. In this latest one we engaged in conversation, and she said "we must do something together later" before we parted. She told me cryptically that she's heard a new baby is on the way for me. I'd love to decipher the symbolism of that one!

The other four were all women from my past. One another old school friend, one an ex who is still a friend, one is someone I vaguely know who I don't like at all, and weirdly the other is somebody very famous who I've never given any particular thought to. The point is, I'm having tons of dreams where I'm receiving love and affection from the feminine realm. It's deeply enjoyable and I feel energised by it.

Another thing, in my waking life, my focus of attraction has shifted markedly from women's bodies, to their eyes, and has shifted from raw sexual attraction to raw spiritual attraction. I'm fascinated with the spirit in and behind women's eyes. This is a feature in my dreams too. I notice their eyes, and they all have kind eyes. One mentioned my eyes, and I reciprocated the acknowledgement.
Old 23-12-2023, 04:41 PM
Guide

A new baby is the birth of Christ consciousness in you!

The dreams are really positive. I'm guessing all the affection from females is largely about you connecting to your feminine nature and therefore working towards wholeness. Maybe the different types of women symbolise different feelings in you that the dream is bringing to awareness? I can only guess that your subconscious is using women you know or know of in order to help you connect deeply with various feelings.

The women's eyes are the window to the soul. They are mirroring your soul. They are showing you that you are moving deeper in your spiritual journey beyond material things/pleasures to a deeper love and connection to yourself and others.

Everything you've said about Christ and your new outlook on life is being reflected really beautifully in your dreams. Such a gift.
Old 23-12-2023, 08:03 PM
Knower

Thank you Hemera for your illuminating insight and observations. Thanks especially for explaining the origins of the name Natalie. I looked it up, and it does indeed mean birth of the lord.

Now I'm further intrigued, because I did not know that. Yet, she's appeared in four dreams, and in all of them she's shown remarkable joy at my presence, and what feels like an unconditional love... all things associated with higher consciousness, or Christ consciousness, or Jesus, etc. I can't emphasise enough how much I enjoy the feeling of her presence in my dreams. It's very loving, joyful, and affectionate. It's not lustful energy, it's loving energy. It feels very real. Dreams endlessly fascinate me.

One thing about the baby comment. It was a little cryptic, so I'll explain if further here, and perhaps you might like to interpret it if you have the time.

She said "I hear you've got a new tie to add to your collection" (as in, neck tie)
I instinctively understood this in the dream to mean there's a baby on the way, so I said "yes, and it's [the tie] in the colours of.." and I remember trying to name an African country's flag, but didn't quite name it.

I have no children, I'm almost 45 and have zero desire to produce children, and probably too old to be a first time dad now anyway. I have no partner to have children with, and am voluntarily celibate, so I know it's not a literal reference to having an actual baby.

Straight after the baby comment, we took a walk, and we walked past a couple arm in arm. The woman is still alive and currently lives next door to me. The man was her husband who died last year. Both were smiling and wearing vibrant colours. Then Natalie suggested we do something that night, I agreed, we parted ways, and the dream ended.

Regarding eyes being the windows of the soul, I see it so vividly all the time now. I know who has what in their heart by simply looking at them. I find I'm not wrong either. I can see the ones who have a hurting inner child. I can see Christ consciousness in others. I know who is psychically sensitive simply by looking at their eyes. It's quite profound when your own consciousness shifts to people's eyes. And as a male, it feels even more profound when it's women's eyes, for the reasons you explained.

Interestingly for me, when I look back at my dream diary, my 2nd dream with Natalie (Nov 12th) was followed that same night by a dream where I shut a window in my old house, and a pane of glass fell out, landing 2 stories down, smashing. I interpreted that to mean there has always been a barrier of sorts between me and what's actually out there. That though I've always had a fairly clear picture of the real world, now I'm seeing the raw unfiltered world. I'm seeing and feeling the world, it's elements, and various entities directly, or that I'm about to - that a shift in my perspective on reality is about to shift. Since that dream, a medium has told me I'm getting a stronger connection to spirit.
Old 23-12-2023, 08:04 PM
Knower

Duplicate post.