Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

View Poll Results: Do you think crystals work?
Yes they do. 46 83.64%
No they dont. 3 5.45%
I'm not too sure. 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Master
Yes I think anything can work if you allow the energy to pass though them, I gave one to my mum who had cancer and she kept it close to her all the time, she did die but she lived a lot longer than the doctor gave her, she also didn't suffer pain until the very end.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
Do you think they can work? I 'm not too sure because I don't see
the logic in a rock affecting your health, weight, love life , etc.
Btw I saw this crystal set online for your chakras. There was 7 of them.
That set cost 500 dollars! Do you believe in them enough to spend 500
dollars on only 7 of them? That's crazy to me lol.
Anyways if you believe in them, why?
If you don't than why?

Please share stories/experiences if you want

Hi Ya

I am surrounded by crystals - I would live In a crystal cave If I could..lol

Of course It's like anything tho..It helps to be open and to be grateful for the energy and the connection of the crystal..You look after your crystals like you would anything else that you love...

There Is more to them than meets the eye..

I had my crystals bathing In the sunlight, and I got on with my jobs, etc, when a particular crystal (smokey citrine) came to mind with a sense of urgency.. I went outside and picked It up and It was red hot..so I took it out of the sunlight to cool down.

I read In a crystal book a while later that certain crystal including the citrine can become irritable when they have had too much sun...

Was the crystal trying to communicate In some way? I think so he he

x daz x
Old 10-11-2010, 03:44 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
If you don't than why?

Personal experience has illustrated what I've read... that crystals and gem-stones are energy amplifiers. I believe it because I've seen them act in that role

These products (crystals, gem-stones and minerals) are available through various outlets at reasonable costs. I would never pay $500 to purchase a set of seven purported to "balance and align the chakras". I can easily find the appropriate color and quality stones to do chakra work on my own! Remember, in this as with all, it's buyer beware. There are charlatans around every corner and a sucker born every day!

Discernment is a needed and necessary tool on this earthly journey
Old 10-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Ladofthelight

I believe them to amplify energy...

I have dabbled with Moldavite, and am amazed everytime it appears to "sizzle" on my skin.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyingPony
Even though I am an avid rock collector, I do not think crystals possess any metaphysical properties. It is ridiculous and completely unproven.

You can always prove it to yourself.
When a person spouts their disbelief strongly and loudly without
having tested it for themselves, I'm afraid it doesn't look too well on that person.

It actually makes that person look like a stubborn, antagonistic type.

When we call something someone has experienced or believes in as "ridiculous" we have then ended all fruitful communication with an insult.
That single word has just polarized them. There is no need to proceed further.

I have surprisingly tested smokey quartz for myself and actually once a clear quartz and I was astounded to this day by the results.
There are so many stories - even from doubters that went ahead and did what some crystal enthusiast suggested and by golly it worked ----even through their doubt.
Imagine that.

But, until you experiment for yourself - you will remain a skeptic.
And no skeptic will ever change the mind of someone that has experienced it for themselves.

So I must ask , AP- what is your purpose here - to learn or make people feel their beliefs and experiences are ridiculous? Because this is not the 1st x you have taken this stance.

Thank you,
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
If you don't than why?

As said earlier - $500 is a rip off - but living in the West there are stores all over.

I did a scientific experiment--I got really drunk...it was exactly 19 years ago ---the room was spinning, w/ my eyes open or closed, but worse closed.
I was told smokey quartz is grounding.
Well, alrighty then...I had a 4 lb beauty.

I picked it up and held it close to my stomach - room stopped.
Closed my eyes - room stopped.

Put crystal back on table and room was spinning.
Closed my eyes - spinning worse!

Repeated 3 times.

End conclusion - don't ever drink so much and smoke cigarettes, too.
Ah, youth.

Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-11-2010, 03:29 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
As said earlier - $500 is a rip off - but living in the West there are stores all over.

I did a scientific experiment--I got really drunk...it was exactly 19 years ago ---the room was spinning, w/ my eyes open or closed, but worse closed.
I was told smokey quartz is grounding.
Well, alrighty then...I had a 4 lb beauty.

I picked it up and held it close to my stomach - room stopped.
Closed my eyes - room stopped.

Put crystal back on table and room was spinning.
Closed my eyes - spinning worse!

Repeated 3 times.

End conclusion - don't ever drink so much and smoke cigarettes, too.
Ah, youth.

Miss Hepburn

Wowsa! What a ringing endorsement for the power of the appropriate crystal! (and a warning about the dileterious effecs of alcohol and tobacco ) Ah youth indeed!
Old 13-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Guide
The poll asks "do crystals work?" but doesn't state for what purpose? They are used in many applications.

I think they're just cool in general. My favorite color is blue/aquamarine so I have to collect "aqua-aura" quartz. It gets put in a vaccum and anodized with gold atoms that turn the clear crystals a blue color.
Old 13-11-2010, 01:06 AM
tragblack

Quote:
Do you think they can work?

Some stones I feel like I have gotten some results from, and others don't quite affect me the way people say they should. Quartz hardly works on me for anything-- unless the results are subtle. People say quartz is great, but I can't see why. However, fluorite always seems to have a very sobering affect on me. It also affects my dreams sometimes. Moonstone also affects my dreams.

Quote:
I 'm not too sure because I don't see the logic in a rock affecting your health, weight, love life , etc.

I don't really, either, but I can't deny I have felt some change (unless it was placebo). Also, I know that there are plenty of things in life that have an effect that I don't necessarily resonate with or understand. Doesn't mean that it isn't there.

Quote:
Btw I saw this crystal set online for your chakras. There was 7 of them. That set cost 500 dollars! Do you believe in them enough to spend 500 dollars on only 7 of them?

That price isn't so bad if the gems are of a particularly high quality.
Old 13-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Master
I love this thread.
Spiritlite.