Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 29-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Master
The truth about Black Tourmaline please read .

Schorl is a beautiful crystal that has a very dense, heavy and grounding energy. *The colour is black, and like most black crystals it can absorb negative and static energies, which is why it is suitable to use near electrical appliances and computers with the intent to minimise their negative emanations. *It is probably the most fitting crystal for this purpose, especially since it is also very hardy and does not get damaged as easily as other crystals.

In regard to healing and energy work, Schorl can be helpful if someone needs heavy-duty grounding. *It is extremely potent and therefore not appropriate for those whose energy field is in a fragile state. *Since it also absorbs negativity, one would position it beneath the feet and only on someone who can handle such an intense energy. *Under certain circumstances one could place it (briefly) slightly below the base chakra in order to draw out stuck negativity, but one would then need to replace it with another crystal to complete the healing process. *The energies of Schorl are too dense to place around the whole of the energy field or on any of the other major chakras.

Wearing a Schorl pendant can assist one to be more grounded and subsequently more focussed, provided it is tuned for that purpose. *Please note that it does not shield against negative energies, since it is absorbent and therefore more likely to draw these in. *Crystals with a much higher vibration (such as Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise and similar ones) are more appropriate to strengthen one’s energy field and shield it from unwanted energies. *What this topic is concerned, it may be useful to point out that if we are affected by negative emotions and thoughts from others, and we carry similar qualities in our own make up; it is very difficult to keep these at a distance. *To explain this in more detail the following:

If someone projects hateful feelings and thoughts towards me or is jealous of me, and if I tend to be hateful or jealous at times, these nasty energies can obviously come in quite easily since like attracts like. *Schorl would actually help to invite such negativity into one’s personal space, whereas crystals with a high vibration could help to keep it somewhat at bay. I f a client needs a protective energy around him/her, I would (amongst other) place him/her in an oval of appropriate crystals that carry a high vibration and then use grounding crystals at the feet to help anchor the whole field.

What negativity or strife in the home is concerned, crystals such as Rose Quartz can be tuned for harmony, it being a key quality that this crystal represents. *Family issues may, however, still come up and obviously need to be dealt with! In a practice, where much emotion is released, one could place a piece of Rose Quartz to assist in creating a nurturing and harmonious space and a piece of Amethyst that could be tuned to help absorb the unhelpful emanations. *Schorl would not really be appropriate for that purpose, since it is too heavy and, as mentioned before, more suitable for reducing geopathic stress.

I have a piece of Schorl near my computer and rarely use it for anything else. *Those who focus on Planetary healing often use this crystal but that is another story. *Schorl is fairly easy to come by and the smaller pieces are not overly expensive. Good luck with this crystal and if you have any questions about it please feel free to ask…

Taken from the VHF blog .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 31-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Experiencer

Although it does attract energies from everywhere towards your base, it also gives your light more color, which makes you less of an annoyance to negative influences who wish to cut your light because it blinds their eyes.

It is however a MUCH greater crystal, if all of your chakras above it work properly... and its not only your uppermost chakras that are doing all the crystalization work.

Using only the upper chakras to crystalize/form/change/perfect your energies is like painting a picture with only micrometer sized brush strokes, when limited to a set number of strokes per timespan.
This means being unable to rapidly turn an accidental splash (simile to negative or raw energies entering your system) into something epic.

Work WITH the change, not against it.
Old 17-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Moonkestrel

Lovely Topaz - I wear black tourmaline everyday at the moment as well as having a baeutiful polished chunk of it on my desk at work.

Have your tried combining it with rose quartz? What an amazingly uplifting combination that is!
Old 16-10-2012, 02:44 AM
Likes2Read

I just found out yesterday, when I was doing research on Dalmation Jasper, that the black spots in the stone are formed of Black Tourmaline/Schorl. I had no idea.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2Read
I just found out yesterday, when I was doing research on Dalmation Jasper, that the black spots in the stone are formed of Black Tourmaline/Schorl. I had no idea.

I never knew that either

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Master
Dalmation Jasper is lovely x

Old 08-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
Personally wearing black tourmaline helps ground me but being an empathic black tourmaline attracts and intensifies any negativity from people who I come in contact with .
Black Tourmaline differs vastly with weight/size, for example; a small one make you dream less whilst a large one makes you dream more... you sure it wanst a tiny one?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liet
Black Tourmaline differs vastly with weight/size, for example; a small one make you dream less whilst a large one makes you dream more... you sure it wanst a tiny one?

It was actually a large necklace . Other than that I love black tourmaline for grounding while meditating with my other crystals .

Old 08-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Experiencer
Greetings to you All,

Please forgive my ignorance concerning 'crystals', it's a 99.9% new world to me. So here is an ignoramus' question:

If we are born here on dear ol' Planet Earth as part of our learning of how to conquer the physicalness of our thrid dimension and eventually to become Masters of it then, how come you are using crystals for protection against negative forces instead of teaching yourself how to do the self same thing by using the God given spiritual powers that lie hidden within each and everyone of us and are waiting to be discovered and used - after all, we never hear of Masters wandering the ethers with chunks of assorted crystals in the pockets of their celestial robes, do we?

No offence intended by this question. I'm just curious to know why people have this love affair with crystals.

JOHNTY
Old 08-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNTY
[b][color="Purple"]
If we are born here on dear ol' Planet Earth as part of our learning of how to conquer the physicalness of our thrid dimension and eventually to become Masters of it then, how come you are using crystals for protection against negative forces instead of teaching yourself how to do the self same thing by using the God given spiritual powers that lie hidden within each and everyone of us and are waiting to be discovered and used

According to that train of thought, eating healthy or with knowledge of what different foods can do to you is also cheating.

If you are capable of absorbing, you wont need crystals once you surpass their capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
It was actually a large necklace . Other than that I love black tourmaline for grounding while meditating with my other crystals .

My definition of large is "10x bigger than what is usualy worn as a necklace"