Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 17-08-2022, 12:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Astrology for beginners?

Hey everyone! I'm wondering how to get started in astrology, what are any tips you'd wished you'd knew yourself when you practiced/started your practice?
Old 17-08-2022, 11:05 AM
Cat

Well, first before I was even 20 yrs old ...I would ask people their sign....Did I ever learn a lot.
The similarities of people were astounding.
Later, I found out their Sun sign was imp, sure...but, so many other aspects (where the planets were when born) effected people!
Wow.
Then I went to, Where is their Venus...said SO much about their intimate relationships.
I mean that was a start...then someone here will tell you about the best books, I'm sure.

Silly things you learn - Aquarians run on their own time ...they can drive you nuts being late.
Sagitarrians have very good senses of humor...laugh easily.
Taurus men are all a like, lol!!! ---sensitive, delicate hands, poetic, thoughtful.. love the ladies.
Pisces - don't get me started!...all the same, hahahaha and if they have 4-5 planets in Pisces?...well, you'll see.
Virgos...don't wanna live with them, personally!

These are just silly 'things' I picked up on my journey of astrology...fun stuff. I could go on!
Then you have mixing these combos up in relationships!! OMG...so much information out there!
Fun for the amateur to start out with.

Of course they are generalizations ...so many other aspects are working!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-08-2022, 11:15 AM
Master
For me it went pretty much the same as for Miss Hepburn.
As a teenager got the interest, read about it, got some books in on my sign -nothing too difficult though.
Read some stuff about friends and boyfriends signs, learning more already.

Thinking and finding out which signs I never seem to hang out with, not get along with via trial and error, for instance parents' signs esp if you wouldn't really ever choose them as friends.
And people with signs that just never cross your path. understanding they're not a good match.
People with signs that do cross your path a lot. For me that's Capricorn. Realising always for girlfriends, never as romantic partners.

Then when 20 yrs old I bought a book that combines Western & Chinese astrology. Best book I ever bought on the subject! I consulted it so often that it is pretty banged up, about to fall apart, pages glued into place, hihi.

And like Ms Hepburn says, you then look into your Moon sign, others' Moon signs. Then it's Venus, which is very important, and others' Venus, esp from romantic interests.

And you keep going from there. When the interest is there it goes by itself.
Old 17-08-2022, 12:23 PM
So funny, FC, I maybe have had 3 Capricorns cross my path my entire life ..and I'm old. Maybe only TWO!
I noticed it early on...and it has continued for decades!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-08-2022, 12:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So funny, FC, I maybe have had 3 Capricorns cross my path my entire life ..and I'm old. Maybe only TWO!
I noticed it early on...and it has continued for decades!
Hihi, we all have our own matches, don't we?!
For me my best best girl friends are almost always Capri. But never once a Capri romantic interest. I can't recall a Capri male even, except for my own son.
I realised a few years back there's also often a difference in men & women of a specific sign.
That's why I like books or websites that differentiate between the two genders.

I've had good experiences with Geminis, one friend in the past, but me and Gemini shouldn't be together too much too often. They somehow always make me feel they dim my light, as if they deliberately try to outdo me. Something like that. We often have a lot in common which makes it work.

One sign I don't work with for sure is Aquarius. Seems we have no common ground whatsoever. The only ones I know of is my mother and sister, and with them not much resonance.
The daughter of a partner was Aqua, met her once, but I sensed she didn't like me much.
I find them too superficial to be close with, they find me too fussy and deep, so we just don't get one another.

Scorpio is my nemesis. Great (sexual) attraction but the antipathy it equally intense. Very strange thing.
Scorpio & Taurus is the worst possible match if memory serves. It's a very odd push & pull with them and me, but regardless very intense.
The sexual thing only with men of course.
Other than that, had two Scorpio stepchildren, holy moly... hell on Earth, hihi, especially with the female.
They are the strongest wielders of energy -good or bad- and I was on the receiving end of that a few times. I don't scare easy but...
I've never come across anything as powerful as that.
Oh, and the hedgewitch I trained with was Scorpio too. Another one I would never choose to P O.
There has been one, a dear girlfriend, also Scorpio, with whom I did not feel this. Not at all. The exception to the rule?
Old 17-08-2022, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Other than that, had two Scorpio stepchildren, holy moly... hell on Earth, hihi, especially with the female.
They are the strongest wielders of energy -good or bad- and I was on the receiving end of that a few times. I don't scare easy but...
I've never come across anything as powerful as that.

Like volcanoes right?

I think it's best to remember that for Scorpios, "surrender" is something Scorpios have an intense hate-love relationship with in general - including with those in authority (depending on how the Scorpios are treated)

For example, if they think you're trying to get them to surrender to something, even an idea but it feels "unnatural" to them - they will question and there would be intense negativity
Old 17-08-2022, 12:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Then I went to, Where is their Venus...said SO much about their intimate relationships.
This is pretty accurate. My soulmate's Moon square my Moon, but his Venus in air sign is very much attracted to my unconventional (as he sees it) personality, and my Lilith goes well with that too
Old 17-08-2022, 11:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz
Like volcanoes right?

I think it's best to remember that for Scorpios, "surrender" is something Scorpios have an intense hate-love relationship with in general - including with those in authority (depending on how the Scorpios are treated)

For example, if they think you're trying to get them to surrender to something, even an idea but it feels "unnatural" to them - they will question and there would be intense negativity
With them it was much like they demanded special treatment or something. Not sure how that panned out in their original family situation with both kids being that way.
When I moved in it got very difficult. The eldest, the girl of then 18, had taken control of the entire house and its runnings after mum had left. Not meaning she actually did anything literally, but energetically and verbally running things. Moaning and whining etc.
Everyone was scared of her and she got special treatment. For instance everyone had to eat the bad quality cheap bread but she didn't like that, wasn't good enough for her, so dad bought her expensive good bread from the bakery while he couldn't afford it. No one was allowed to eat that but her.
I put a stop to such things as it wasn't right and no way was I going to put my own 2 kids back like that while I was the one with a good salary.

She didn't like me being there and beginning to run the house, which I consider pretty normal as one of the adults there. She didn't like it one bit to give up control. So I guess that's where you have the surrendering of her power. And she didn't, instead she moved out.
Which of course then there was the unspoken accusation that was my fault while everyone was relieved. No one was at ease with her around as she dominated everything, her own dad was scared of her.

So yeah... not for me, no offense to anyone with that sunsign.
Old 25-08-2022, 08:26 PM
Master
I don't know any tips for someone just getting into astrology, for me it started with wanting to learn the name origin of my sun sign Virgo and wanting to see why it is associated with the word virgin . I have always felt detached to my sun sign because in my mind there has to be more to my sign and with further studying I was right . also just learning about my pisces moon that makes me senstive which again I thought because I was a Virgo was the reason the way that I am. I have an Aries rising and I think that is the worst one to have . I reccomend books on astrology there are some great ones.
Old 28-08-2022, 08:25 AM
Master
I'm thinking that starting with the basics - Sun, Moon, Venus - and seeing how it applies to real life experiences might help

Astrology continues to fascinate me by how diverse yet systematic it is

I was talking to another poster here about Moon signs

I have a lot of Fixed Water element in my birth chart. At the same time - in real life I feel more understood by people in my life with Moon in Air signs. Compared to the ones with Moon in Water signs

Even though a few astrologers emphasized about the significance of Moon conjunct Moon / same Moon sign compatibility

However, my experience shows something else - my Lilith being in Virgo, the house placement my Lilith is in and having some unconventional parts of my personality, the people in my life with Moon in Air signs tended to be more open about those unconventional parts that I have. Even more accepting than those who share the same Moon sign as me

Lilith and Chiron are aspects to look into - in terms of dealing with our shadow and darker sides I think

I think it's good, and at the same time I use intuition to discern what works for me and what doesn't when it comes to astrology