Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-08-2022, 08:19 AM
SpectralDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
Spirituality is an avenue which can lead to benevolent behavior amidst a callous cacophony of otherwise narcissistic compromise in this pitiless, contemporary world.
People are just people, regardless of the context they're in. "God made man, man made religion" and "Every religion was right for that people at that time."

Whatever happens 'out there' also happens 'in here' because everything has one thing in common. The greatest of deeds are not going to be done by those that believe they are Spiritual, they are going to be done by those that are human.
Old 13-08-2022, 08:25 AM
SpectralDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
If nothing else I feel like I'm doing Some Good with my words going out there.
Talk to that older person and give her a hand, she's cynical of this world too and the next time she interacts with someone will be the next time she goes shopping. Find even small acts of kindness and don't expect any rewards but do then because that's the person you are.

Dare to be different.
Old 13-08-2022, 01:12 PM
Master
Hello,

It seems that saying such things as “ be the change you want to happen”
“God helps those who help themselves”, suggest that it takes more then prayer to make things happen.

If no action and/or effort is taken then one can pray all he/she wants, but change, comfort, or whatever is being sought will not happen, IMO.

Yes, there are times in which prayers seem to go unanswered. What is the intent behind the prayer? What is truly being sought after? Is there doubt? These can affect where focus is placed?

Big requests like world peace, end to suffering, end to illness, takes more then prayer. Takes change and agreements. Takes efforts to change how “we” as a society lives. Takes looking at ourselves and what causes such “ill” effects.

Can be given all the signs, guidance, encouragements, and opportunities. If one just ignores them or takes no effort to create change, then will remain where one is at, IMO.

Not always easy. Sometimes what may be desired or wanted may not be what another desires or want. At times it is just the time for the other to move on. Sometimes, patterns will repeat until efforts are made to change them.
Sometimes, it has to do with more then what I want or felt is needed.

Life is interwoven with in and with out. Prayer can bring focus, comfort, and hope. What is done with these seems up to each and every person, IMO. Also, how willing and able one is to follow through, adjust, and listen.

My thoughts on this.
Old 13-08-2022, 08:10 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralDreamer
People are just people, regardless of the context they're in.
Your point?

Quote:
Whatever happens 'out there' also happens 'in here' because everything has one thing in common.
Awareness is the most fundamental building block of existence. :P

Quote:
The greatest of deeds are not going to be done by those that believe they are Spiritual, they are going to be done by those that are human.
That's why I used the word "can" instead of "will," to express ambivalent reticence from making a definite proclamation on the matter of correlation of such (e.g. "greatest of deeds") to spirituality. Way ahead of you! ;)
Old 14-08-2022, 01:53 PM
asearcher

i think evil, negative side is more forceful at stage 1 or so but in the end good will win.
Old 14-08-2022, 10:11 PM
Master
I don't think there's any one home to answer our prayers, God in my opinion is imaginary, why?, because he doesn't have a physical presences.
utopiandreamchild
Old 15-08-2022, 05:32 AM
Bambo

Well the way my mum suffered makes me wonder...

Wasnt until I spoke to her Guardian Angel that she was let go from this suffering......

I really wonder if God has turned his back on us??? (Tired of all the evil here,etc)
Old 27-08-2022, 04:10 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I had a thought: Things ''seem'' worse...but are they?

That’s just it. The media exaggerate everything to make it look like things are getting worse and compounding all the time: but really, everything that’s going on in the world are things which we have all experienced before.
Old 27-08-2022, 05:19 PM
Master

prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
overall.
I have my form of mantras and my form of prayers and do this work every day but not feeling much healing etc....if any. But I continue.
If nothing else I feel like I'm doing Some Good with my words going out
there.
You are doing perfectly right .Prayers may not give answers to us all the time. But when we continue with it with all our faith and hope ,it gradually takes layers of ignorance, self-doubt ,fatigue, pains and one day finally it's answered .

While prayer as a good word and intention is absolutely great and wonderful thing to do , if we supplement it with small acts of charity/generosity / faith /selfless love without doing any contradictory action without any ulterior motive in our day to day life, its an icing on the cake and chances are that prayers is responded with very high priority and favorable actions .

I am in agreement that things happening in the world may be looking bad but it may simply be a perception than a reality .
Old 28-08-2022, 03:44 PM
Pathfinder

Lots of Praying In the World, and Things Seem Worse

There are way too many angles / reasons / cause n effect issues relating to these seemingly worse things. Those who want to pray, pray anyway.