Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-06-2022, 10:17 AM
Master

invented vs uncovered/discovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It can also be argued that you, your beliefs and your perceptions are 'invented things'. What 'decides' what is Spiritual or not doesn't exist Spiritually.
While I am perfectly comfortable with word 'invented things ' , but really it may be 'discovered' or 'uncovered things' . Nobody knows .
Old 10-06-2022, 12:12 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
While I am perfectly comfortable with word 'invented things ' , but really it may be 'discovered' or 'uncovered things' . Nobody knows .
They are the 'things' of perceptual reality, Spiritually that's the Ahamkara.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:57 PM
Master

spirituality

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualmountain
Can anyone become spiritual if they wish to?

Or are there factors like past life karma that can prevent a person from becoming spiritual?
At a technical level there is nothing that is not spiritual . If the spirit goes out of our body , we become dead body and people take our body to burial place and perform our last rites .

Even so called and perceived inanimate things has life/spirit e.g. special metals like copper can conduct electricity . Air can carry radio waves . special metal like can be treated to produce tremendous energy through nuclear fission/explosion . So in nutshell nothing in life is without spirit technically.

Now coming to what you meant by your question - how u can advance in spirituality . It's a very big subject and lot of literature is available online /offline on this. All I can tell is that u can definitely become more spiritual with determined dedicated persistent hopeful efforts and with more confidence in self/others/God .There may be things you may feel stopping you . But those are more the tests on your path to move to a better level to determined person than a hindrance or blocking.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:58 PM
Master

gestalt reality

Quote:
They are the 'things' of perceptual reality, Spiritually that's the Ahamkara.
For some perceptual and gestalt reality may not have any difference.
Buddhist and Non-advaitist unanimously discard that we not our ego-mind . So Spirituality is beyond sensory perceptions.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Spirituality doesn't exist. It can also be argued that you, your beliefs and your perceptions are 'invented things'. What 'decides' what is Spiritual.....
Having my coffee now. Time is an interesting discussion.

On this plane time is based on 186.000 mps. Nothing more. 3D. This is probably a creation. This slowness is the cause if one thinks about it. But even if all time exists at once we know this one. This one is what it's about. This plane is an illusion to. Spirituality simply talks about using and what is done in time. That is what we do. Everything moves and is in motion and everything here is slowed down. Even time motion is slowed down here. The limits of motion allow everything to happen and be. I think this is what spirituality and even spirit may talk to us about, what happens in that long moment over and over and over again. More then one time.

So spirituality may exist and spirit may even have their own rules. Spirituality talks about this and the question where does this information come from. Is there creation? It can also be argued people communicate and receive information. I'm talking about communication.

I love the point "my" perception and "my" belief I hold to. In fact it may be a weakness to moving on. What if I disagree with spirit which takes perception and belief to a whole new level of pride? So what decides what is spiritual may be spirit. Do we ask? What we ask is communicated back to us. When this happens then would be the time to reflect and meditate on it. As said there may other forms of communication such as dreams and synchronicity and others. As said we're on a spiritual journey many times over. Now, as spiritual beings, why the physical (created time) journey?

Last edited by lemex : 10-06-2022 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2022, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualmountain
Can anyone become spiritual if they wish to?

Or are there factors like past life karma that can prevent a person from becoming spiritual?
For basic spirituality, any sentient being can be spiritual. Probably most beings with functioning consciousness can also. Pretty much if you can grasp what it means to be spiritual, you can choose to be so.

[advanced] This is not to be confused with having a spirit/soul/higher self. Not every physical being has a spirit component or is inhabited by a spirit.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:01 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Buddhist and Non-advaitist unanimously discard that we not our ego-mind . So Spirituality is beyond sensory perceptions.
Yes, I know, it's just a shame that those that post about their knowledge of the ego in these forums don't realise that. Gotta love the irony.

Y'see, the understanding is in the perception that "I am Spiritual." 'I am' is ego, perceptions and beliefs are 'invented things'.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:26 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
This plane is an illusion to.
What 'decides' what is illusion or not doesn't exist in itself, Spirituality and science will tell you that. What 'decides' what is real or not isn't itself real. Language reflects consciousness, and the ego (the Jungian one, not the Chinese Whispers) is differentiated consciousness. So what is real or not, what is illusion or not is the differentiated consciousness of the ego. The ego doesn't actually exist, it's a 'Gestalt' of what the unconscious spits out. Like everything we perceive ourselves to be.

If you look at yourself you are not a 'you', you are a 'collection' of 'things' you perceive yourself to be. The rest of your inner and outer realities are referenced from that perceptual singularity.

The Jungian ego uses prefixes to differentiate, so the term "Spiritual Being" uses the word 'Spiritual' being to set itself apart from other beings, the reference there is that there are such things as non-Spiritual beings. That's the mind fodder.

You believe we're on a Spiritual Journey, what's the difference between that and a 'regular' Journey? If there is no 'regular' Journey then what are the reasons you use the prefix? Isn't Spirituality also about introspection?

Advaita Vedanta is termed as non-Duality and its literal translation is "Not two" - there are not two 'things'. You are a 'thing', Spirituality is a 'thing' you have created. You perceive Spirituality as you do and it's an 'object' of your consciousness. Yeah mine too since I'm talking about it, for now anyway. Back to Advaita that says you are the only 'thing' that exists.

Isn't Spirituality a 'thing'? Isn't this a thread about a bunch of people making a 'thing' about whether anyone can be Spiritual or not, which is contradictory to the Spiritual narrative.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
For basic spirituality, any sentient being can be spiritual. Probably most beings with functioning consciousness can also. Pretty much if you can grasp what it means to be spiritual, you can choose to be so.
What - and it is a What? - decides who is Spiritual or not, decides that you are Spiritual or not? What decides what 'Spiritual' means to you personally?

If we are "Spiritual Beings on a human Journey," what does that imply?

What decides what is advanced or not, that not every physical being has a Spirit or not. What decides you have one?

If people are just taking things for granted, does that make them Spiritual? If we don't ask the 'basic' questions how 'advanced' are we?
Old 11-06-2022, 03:01 PM
Quote:
... What decides what 'Spiritual' means to you personally?

What decides what is advanced or not...
Well, seems this could be a new thread in General Beliefs! Look for it soon.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru